House Price Crash Forum

A Question For You To Ponder

ken_ichikawa

HOLA441

I have a friend Wombat who has the opposite problem, everywhere he goes people assume he is a local and treat him like a lost brother, he is actually Japanese but grew up in Oz and is now living in Japan again he has been assumed to be , Phillipino , Mexican , Italian , Chinese , Korean basically he can pass off as being from anywhere and people never give him any racial guff , I think Ken is hanging out in the wrong places ....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I'm sorry to disagree, But for real racism, rather than just words uttered from chavvy mouths, look no further than the nouveau upper/ middle classes. Who always say how tolerant they are of all comers, just as long as the bloody 'darkies' don;t move in next door.

The aristocracy are just another matter altogether. Just look at the fine examples Princes Phillip and Harry set.

I knew some bordlerline aristocracy when I was living in Oxford and they were, by far and away the most obscenely racist bunch of gobshites I have ever had the misfortune to meet much worse than the chavs, thankfully there aren't too many of them about. Come to think of it it wasn't that they were just supremely ignorant I remember them being thick as shaken shit as well. The joys of being born into old money I suppose.

As for myself being given grief I've had it happen once in the UK (well, to my wife who told me) once that I can actually recall in Hong Kong and about five years of non-stop "f*ck off home" garbage from the population of Perth, Western Australia.

HOLA443

I'm sorry to disagree, But for real racism, rather than just words uttered from chavvy mouths, look no further than the nouveau upper/ middle classes. Who always say how tolerant they are of all comers, just as long as the bloody 'darkies' don;t move in next door.

The aristocracy are just another matter altogether. Just look at the fine examples Princes Phillip and Harry set.

I agree that we'll just have to disagree on this one :)

I think that the people best qualified to decide who is racist are those on the receiving end - I (only just) get a look in, and from what you've said before, you're as white as snow white on a snowy white field ;)

HOLA444
Guest theboltonfury

I agree that we'll just have to disagree on this one :)

I think that the people best qualified to decide who is racist are those on the receiving end - I (only just) get a look in, and from what you've said before, you're as white as snow white on a snowy white field ;)

steady on! I'm Italian! I am hardly anaemic.

Sometimes, like the workplace for example, the simplest comment can be taken as racist as it suits them to think it and being a victim helps causes. A minority case, but the day will hopefully never come when we allow people complete carte-blanche to decide if they've been offended and cause another consequences.

There are some highly sensitive opportunists about these days.

HOLA445

You often slate the UK and sing up the praises of Hong Kong and other parts of the Far East. The answer seems clear enough to me.

Yes, he is a HPC'r through and through.

How many Brits do you know that don't slag off Britain? Especially the ones that frequent this particular digital watering hole.;)

HOLA446
Guest theboltonfury

Yes, he is a HPC'r through and through.

How many Brits do you know that don't slag off Britain? Especially the ones that frequent this particular digital watering hole.;)

Just me then. I have a pop at a few towns but the UK is ok by me. Could be an awful lot worse.

HOLA447

Just me then. I have a pop at a few towns but the UK is ok by me. Could be an awful lot worse.

You don't think that, maybe, with time you could find your way to constantly moaning about the country you live in?

If not, you should go and live elsewhere, this country's not for you. You'll never fit in.

HOLA448
Guest theboltonfury

You don't think that, maybe, with time you could find your way to constantly moaning about the country you live in?

If not, you should go and live elsewhere, this country's not for you. You'll never fit in.

I should imagine that the 75% that are either employed by the state or live off their benefits don't moan.

Actually, they probably do as greed is a powerful force.

HOLA449

To be fair to Unlucky Alf Ken, Radcliffe and area seems to be pretty much a shithole stocked by roaming herds of inbred degenerates.

(I say this on account of having a significant strain of my own ancestry from round there, who'd lived there since the Year Dot. The church where the locals had carefully shat on most of the tombstones was in Stand :lol: So I never found the graves I was after. A disgusting, feral, filthy place. And I lived in Muirhouse and West Pilton contentedly for years :ph34r: )

It's like the small towns of Scotland, I suppose. Only the retards are left behind once the economic underpinnings are kicked out, and they're let to breed with each other in their own desultory way for generations (the curse of the dole), hating all outsiders for all the usual reasons. The chief of which is that not being "ballock-kin" as they so delicately put it round here, strangers can't be slotted into their own dreary hierachy of losers and criminals, and consequently threaten it without even being aware of doing so.

Oh, by the way Ken. If you do decide you're leaving on a jet plane, could you let us know the flight no.?

So I can warn everybody I know not to get on it.

I'd hate to think I could have saved them from ending up piled into the Alps or something.

HOLA4410

I should imagine that the 75% that are either employed by the state or live off their benefits don't moan.

Actually, they probably do as greed is a powerful force.

Lucky boy, Arkwright. Looks like you don't have any teachers (#1 culprits) or NHS hospital staff infesting your local.

Dear god! Never heard the like. Hour after hour, all of them.

And they're in there from the stroke of five till chucking out, every night of the week, so you can't pick an hour free of them. Not there at weekends, mind.

Eventually had to abandon that pub after months of never getting peace due to the high-decibel whining, we ended up patronising either a local crims' dive (nobody discusses personal shit there, thank god :ph34r: ) or hotel bars.

HOLA4411

It's not just you mate, it happens every where.

Trying bring an Englishman visiting Scotland or Ireland, a white person in slough, an everton fan in anfield, a hard worker in a the cival service, a HPCer on MSE or mumsnet. If your the odd one out, some inbred scumbag will usually say something.

That just about sums it up. I've got into trouble in Australia because I was English, India because I was white, Iran because I was not Muslim, overcharged in Tunisia because I was a tourist. I've been refused service in Canada because I was not a plumber. I've got a friend who was treated very badly in Canada because she is Japanese. Another friend was refused service in a Quebec restaurant because he couldn't speak French (he couldn't speak English either, he is Czechoslovak). I could go on, it happens all over the world. It is a burden Ken carries as do many of us. Some people are just natural assholes and when we are different we just get to know who they are sooner than regular people do.

If I could offer any advice to Ken it would be to keep in mind that some people will use your race as a reason to like you, others to hate you but most people, quite frankly, don't give a damn.

HOLA4412

Without getting too personal, I am of different parts too.

Similarly, I don't feel like I belong anywhere especially although the UK will probably always have the biggest place in my heart. Makes it even harder to be parted from it but I refuse to return to Broken Britain right now and happy to live on my diet of BBC1 and 2.

It does feel nice to "belong". I don't have any real roots anywhere in the world. It used to make me feel sad like you.

But now I don't give 2 sh ts. I celebrate my individuality and I see the need to belong as a weakness. That's something that sheeple do.

I could never work out why you wanted to work in the chippy. Dealing with absolute scumbags. Unless I were ripping them off, I could never do such a job.

I think you've got baggage and you need to get rid of it, to let go.

HOLA4413
Guest Noodle

steady on! I'm Italian! I am hardly anaemic.

Sometimes, like the workplace for example, the simplest comment can be taken as racist as it suits them to think it and being a victim helps causes. A minority case, but the day will hopefully never come when we allow people complete carte-blanche to decide if they've been offended and cause another consequences.

There are some highly sensitive opportunists about these days.

Wop are you on about?

HOLA4414

Wop are you on about?

Been around since god was a boy. That old reactionary Tom Wolfe called it "Mau-Mau-ing the FLAK Catchers".

Easy seen out the door.

Stop the free money, and fake jobs, till whatever ridiculous "culture" it is adapts its peremptory demands to something the silly autochthonous tax-paying peons will bear willingly.

HOLA4415

Been around since god was a boy. That old reactionary Tom Wolfe called it "Mau-Mau-ing the FLAK Catchers".

Easy seen out the door.

Stop the free money, and fake jobs, till whatever ridiculous "culture" it is adapts its peremptory demands to something the silly autochthonous tax-paying peons will bear willingly.

I understood all of that until you typed 'Been around since god was a boy.' I didn't get the rest of it .

HOLA4416

Move to Thailand. You are Chinese so regarded as the master race here (Chinese run the place).

Do a TEFL course, you have a degree, so you can get the ED visa. That gets you in then you can do all sorts, cooking (proper), accountancy (bent), import stolen motorbikes in bits and flog on the black market with hooky plates, smuggle cigarettes and ladyboys into Britain . . .

Or move some place else in Blighty where there is less of that nonsense.

I knew I had seen this before - its been bugging me. It's the resume of a Mr. M Parry :lol:

HOLA4417
Guest Noodle

I knew I had seen this before - its been bugging me. It's the resume of a Mr. M Parry :lol:

I wish, might have actually have some money.

Electric bill just come in 1036 Baht! 300 Baht above the usual.

Does make you wonder though how many will turn to petty crime like people smuggling, drug trafficking and parking in disabled spaces during this recession.

HOLA4418
Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Hey - we're al on the internet here - nobody judges anyone on how they look.

That attitude is starting to spill over into everyday life.

To my children, expressing an opinion on anyone based on what they look like would be like........

Well, someone here slagging off Injin because she is a tease dressed like a slut.

She is though isn't she?

On a serious note - I wouldn't listen to a word anyone in this country over the age of 50 has to say - their good luck and their senility are interchangeable

On a serious note? That is the funniest comment this week! laugh.gif

Soooo, reassurance about racist comments, couched in ageist terms. dry.gif

Tell me, are you a natural buffoon, or do you have to work at it?

HOLA4419

Tell them to fvck of back.

Sorry to hear that Ken - that's appalling

You should be where it suits you, where you have the most opportunities, where you have friends - maybe it's the far east, maybe it's England, maybe you haven't been there yet, but take comfort in the fact that these small minded people are fvcked - not you.

And from your posts, you strike me as someone who'll give anything your best shot, so be what these people are not - broadminded and open to new things

oh yeah, did i tell you to tell them to fvck off

England is a big place: Some areas are nicer to live than others. I don't know where Ken lives but if he lives near the 'seamy' side of any town he will get abuse, no matter which country he lives in.

Regrettably, humans have pack instincts and the less well-brought up they are, the more likely to make these cheap shots. Any one who differs from the run-of-the-mill in their 'patch' will get pilloried - by some.

Wearing glasses... having a crutch...having a stammer( I know about that one!sad.gif ), wearing a turban etc. Differ in any way and some oaf will decide to comment on it.

I think this kind of problem has got worse over the years, due possibly to a variety of reasons - altho' louts have always been louts: Overcrowding in the cities; drops in standards of living( HPI?); people having children when they themselves have not grown up; people having kids who haven't a clue what sort of values to imbue in them - etc.

I was brought up by a lady who insisted I NEVER be 'personal' with others.Not to comment on aspects of other folk's looks and behaviour that they could not change....and I never did.smile.gif

HOLA4420

That just about sums it up. I've got into trouble in Australia because I was English, India because I was white, Iran because I was not Muslim, overcharged in Tunisia because I was a tourist. I've been refused service in Canada because I was not a plumber. I've got a friend who was treated very badly in Canada because she is Japanese. Another friend was refused service in a Quebec restaurant because he couldn't speak French (he couldn't speak English either, he is Czechoslovak). I could go on, it happens all over the world. It is a burden Ken carries as do many of us. Some people are just natural assholes and when we are different we just get to know who they are sooner than regular people do.

If I could offer any advice to Ken it would be to keep in mind that some people will use your race as a reason to like you, others to hate you but most people, quite frankly, don't give a damn.

Well said, SB!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Bloody hell, I'm sticking in the UK (which would make more sense if I wasn't posting this from France).

HOLA4423

I wish, might have actually have some money.

Electric bill just come in 1036 Baht! 300 Baht above the usual.

Does make you wonder though how many will turn to petty crime like people smuggling, drug trafficking and parking in disabled spaces during this recession.

If I was Kenneth Clarke I would legalise home grown smack now. Instead of the Afghans growing it to fund Al Qeada our farmers could be growing it in greenhouses with sale through licensed chemists.

Jobs and tax revenue for the Brits

Do the same with Coke, hash etc

HOLA4424

Disagreements on physics aside, good speech!

As a child I got picked on in Holland by some people for being English (including random strangers spitting in face on two separate occasions for being foreign)

When I returned to the same town I was born in I got picked on for having a funny accent.

*****ers are *****ers the world over.

HOLA4425
Guest tbatst2000

From what I recall of my Hong Kong days the correct term is 'gweilo'.

Well actually it's not very correct at all but it's what I was known as on a daily basis anyway.

Confusingly, back when I was at university, the students from mainland China and Taiwan referred to the Hong Kong Chinese students as Honkies.

Archived