House Price Crash Forum

A Question For You To Ponder

ken_ichikawa

HOLA441

I get regularly told to fook off back home by adults, children old people in the UK....

Yet curiously at the same time in Asia I get told the same even though I speak the language and look near enough like them I also get told to fook off back home....

So really what to do about this conundrum?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I get regularly told to fook off back home by adults, children old people in the UK....

Yet curiously at the same time in Asia I get told the same even though I speak the language and look near enough like them I also get told to fook off back home....

I find that very sad :( . How do you find yourself in situations where people have cause to say this? What sort of occasions are these?

HOLA443

Poor bloke!

Where do you see 'home' as and why?

Do you see Asia as your true home, where your roots are and where you truly belong or is this green and pleasant land* your home?

*Land may be grey and overcast, refunds not available

HOLA444

Tell them to fvck of back.

Sorry to hear that Ken - that's appalling

You should be where it suits you, where you have the most opportunities, where you have friends - maybe it's the far east, maybe it's England, maybe you haven't been there yet, but take comfort in the fact that these small minded people are fvcked - not you.

And from your posts, you strike me as someone who'll give anything your best shot, so be what these people are not - broadminded and open to new things

oh yeah, did i tell you to tell them to fvck off

HOLA445

Fook off back home?

Seriously though, you have a good way of telling who some of the ar*eholes are without expending too much effort. When I was in England I had to invest time.

One problem that has nothing to do with looking the same or different is that if you live in two cultures long enough, one never seems quite able to fit into either of them properly.

HOLA446

Fook off back home?

Seriously though, you have a good way of telling who some of the ar*eholes are without expending too much effort. When I was in England I had to invest time.

One problem that has nothing to do with looking the same or different is that if you live in two cultures long enough, one never seems quite able to fit into either of them properly.

I am in this situation a bit, born in Hong Kong lived there for fifteen years or so then the rest divided between here and Australia. I'll stick with Blighty I think - sounds like you are having a shit old time of it though (tell them to f*ck off and no mistake the ignorant little piss-ants) but I have always found the U.K to be the most comfortable for me live in in terms of knowing the place, it's customs and the people. I loved Hong Kong too for the same reason.

You probably wouldn't like Australia, telling people to f*ck off home is a national pastime over there.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Hey - we're al on the internet here - nobody judges anyone on how they look.

That attitude is starting to spill over into everyday life.

To my children, expressing an opinion on anyone based on what they look like would be like........

Well, someone here slagging off Injin because she is a tease dressed like a slut.

She is though isn't she?

On a serious note - I wouldn't listen to a word anyone in this country over the age of 50 has to say - their good luck and their senility are interchangeable

HOLA449

On a serious note - I wouldn't listen to a word anyone in this country over the age of 50 has to say - their good luck and their senility are interchangeable

Dick head. One day you might realise the stupidity of your assertion. I can't see any claim by Ken that its the over 50s telling him to leave. For all you know it might well be the under 30s.

HOLA4410

Im sure its the same the world over.

If I saw someone being abused for their race I'd step in to assist.

Could be worse I suppose. You could be an orphan.

HOLA4411

I view myself as a citizen of planet earth. Born in England, but so what? I don't feel English. Home is wherever you're living at the time. Screw anyone else's bigoted opinion.

HOLA4412

Move to Scotland. Cultivate a Southern Irish accent.

That'll confuse the ******* enough for them to welcome you like a long lost son (and probably figure out a tartan for you).

Home and dry. Visibly neither english (*spit*), nor foreign-spoke :lol:

Even an english accent is fine. Because you're not one of them.

Worst that could happen is you might be accused of being a Fenian, by drunks, in Glasgow.

HOLA4413
Guest tbatst2000

Flippin 'eck mate, if that's home you belong in UK, ignore the idiots.

HOLA4414

I heard the japanese invited back emigrants from South America because they wanted to preserve racial purity, rather than importing Somalians like everywhere else - despite this the Japanese from south america had picked up a different accent and so were shunned on their return to Japan, so i heard.

Admittedly around here if youre from the next village people still shun you.

HOLA4415
Guest Noodle

Move to Thailand. You are Chinese so regarded as the master race here (Chinese run the place).

Do a TEFL course, you have a degree, so you can get the ED visa. That gets you in then you can do all sorts, cooking (proper), accountancy (bent), import stolen motorbikes in bits and flog on the black market with hooky plates, smuggle cigarettes and ladyboys into Britain . . .

Or move some place else in Blighty where there is less of that nonsense.

HOLA4416
Guest Noodle

That'll confuse the ******* enough for them to welcome you like a long lost son (and probably figure out a tartan for you).

Worst that could happen is you might be accused of being a Fenian, by drunks, in Glasgow.

Being half Welsh came in very handy working in Scotland. B)

'aright butt?!

HOLA4417

It's not just you mate, it happens every where.

Trying bring an Englishman visiting Scotland or Ireland, a white person in slough, an everton fan in anfield, a hard worker in a the cival service, a HPCer on MSE or mumsnet. If your the odd one out, some inbred scumbag will usually say something.

HOLA4418
Guest Noodle

It's not just you mate, it happens every where.

Trying bring an Englishman visiting Scotland or Ireland, a white person in slough, an everton fan in anfield, a hard worker in a the cival service, a HPCer on MSE or mumsnet. If your the odd one out, some inbred scumbag will usually say something.

That's right.

Ken, if you substitute the word 'fat' in place of whatever pejorative they use to inform you of your ethnicity in the usually monosyllabic sentence of abuse you receive . . . that's how I lived in the UK many moons ago.

I get it here (Thailand not the village) a lot about being a foreigner . . . Falang! used to be Falang Ouaan! (fat foreigner), although that's stopped now due to weight loss and I haven't ventured out of the village much of late and no one calls me Falang anymore here (took a few years that one). There's a little campaign here at the moment to stop me from going back to Blighty and retirement here by force is a probability.

Take heart. There are muppets everywhere but it's not all Sesame Street, most people are not mentally ill like the few that have a bad effect on you with their cheap shots. It's not a reflection on you, but rather on them.

HOLA4419

Sorry it hear that Ken. I know some people are like that but it still surprises me when I get reminded of it.

I have a friend of Chinese/HK background and once in an Irish pub in Manchester he thought he was in a spot of bother. A bit of banter in his native Glaswegian saw him right. Funny that :rolleyes:

HOLA4420

Ken - are you British? As in either born here or naturalised/immigrated here?

If so tell them to fook off cos you are home.

Unless you are behaving in a severly culturally secular manner (ie: the equivalent of the muslim burkha style "we're not going to integrate one bit") then they are just being c-unts same as they'd have a go at someone else for some other tenuous characteristic (ie: fook off ginge, fook off hippy etc.)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I am guessing that if you were born in Hong Kong then you were born under British rule before we gave it back to China?

You are as British as the rest of us, give those racists a history lesson and point out their mistake!

I have lots of friends who are British but don't speak English at all, they were born in the time that Britian ruled Cyprus.

Don't let them bother you, racists are ignorant ,small minded, stupid uneducated people, rise above it! B)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Substitute 'Stabbed to death for being a Fenian' Glasgow isn't a city for the fainthearted.:rolleyes:

Archived