House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arkle

Before The Crash

I stumbled across this article recently. £1m an acre, £82m of property sold in a day - it catches the mood at the height of the boom perfectly.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/property-auction-heaven-sent-13430482.html

Welcome to the forum

I love articles from the height of the boom, as i've said before once the dust has settled there's an economics textbook to be written about the collective madness of most of the NI population from 2000ish until 2007.

I stumbled across this article recently. £1m an acre, £82m of property sold in a day - it catches the mood at the height of the boom perfectly.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/property-auction-heaven-sent-13430482.html

Ahh the good old days!

If only we could return to the glory of 2007 - when property entrepreneurs were creating real value - when houses were jumping in value by a thousand pounds a day and everyone basked in the glory of the Queen of Property - Helun Carswrong. :rolleyes: ahh - I loved those days - oh and yes, I was one of those lucky few. B)

I love reading stories like this from the boom. Just shows you where we’re at and where we need to be.

I love the bit about the small lot in Ballymena. It just confirms my suspicions that

Developers are not getting pursued by banks. This site is still undeveloped and the company that bought it has filled the town with unsold stock.

There really are further large falls to come. VI’s can bury their heads in the sand but it really is inevitable.

I love reading stories like this from the boom. Just shows you where we’re at and where we need to be.

I love the bit about the small lot in Ballymena. It just confirms my suspicions that

Developers are not getting pursued by banks. This site is still undeveloped and the company that bought it has filled the town with unsold stock.

There really are further large falls to come. VI’s can bury their heads in the sand but it really is inevitable.

Where abouts in Ballymena was that?

It’s the old council nurseries on the Market/Doury road. The developer paid top dollar for the land by the sounds of it. Still this is the same developer that got the lucrative town hall contract and was building the town hall when this auction occurred.

Lots of developed and undeveloped land around the town owned by this developer.