House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Potless Mp's Reduced To Sleeping In Their Offices

SPIN. During late night sittings over the last few weeks there have been reports of MPs getting very drunk in their subsidised bars. Some were clearly too sozzled to make it home or to a hotel. Rather than showing frugality, MPs sleeping off the boozing in their office is an indication that things have not improved at all.

I think there is a problem with that tiny violin. It is large enough to be visible.

Are you sure it's a tiny violin ? Perhaps it's a Cello being held by a giant...

SPIN. During late night sittings over the last few weeks there have been reports of MPs getting very drunk in their subsidised bars. Some were clearly too sozzled to make it home or to a hotel. Rather than showing frugality, MPs sleeping off the boozing in their office is an indication that things have not improved at all.

Why do these drunken chancers need 'subsidised bars' in their workplace?

Do posters have these 'facilities' at work?

Our boss provides free beer, cider and wine, he also recently got a yard of ale glass for us to use during our monthly Pool night competition.

True, but I would've thought the vast majority of people aren't habitually at work after, say, 6pm.

Pahh, as I understand it this happens in a number of modern companies in london. They allow there staff to crash in the office at the weekend after late nights, in return for extra hours worked, some of the office sofas are sofa beds...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-10768206

I'd have them in shop doorways if I was in charge...

IMO, they should be working in their offices. Instead, they're alcohol soaked, which doesn't bode well for the quality of their work when they do come to in the morning. Churchill was a one-off. They all think they can drink like him and perform like he did. :o

True, but I would've thought the vast majority of people aren't habitually at work after, say, 6pm.

I tend not to start work till 6.30 pm....

Not everyone is part-time.

IMO, they should be working in their offices. Instead, they're alcohol soaked, which doesn't bode well for the quality of their work when they do come to in the morning. Churchill was a one-off. They all think they can drink like him and perform like he did. :o

I seem to remember reading that his peacetime efforts left something to be desired.

A man made for his moment in history, I doubt he'd be well thought of if there'd been no war.