House Price Crash Forum

Worst Acting On Tv?

HOLA441
HOLA442

Emmerdale, caught ten minutes of this the other night and amature dramatics doesn't quite encompass it's crapness.

I'll probably get fried for this but Doctor Who as well. I'm sorry I don't get it, I thought it was naff in the extreme.

<runs away>

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Come on guys, be fair, acting these days is far better than it used to be. Every now and then Lady M and I watch something from the TV vaults and, as a rule of thumb, the older it is, the more hilariously wooden the acting.

(Kingding, I dont get current Who either, and neither do my kids. One at a time, over two years, my family has given up on it. As far as I can tell it's only Whovians who watch it now).

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I'll probably get fried for this but Doctor Who as well. I'm sorry I don't get it, I thought it was naff in the extreme.

Original Doctor Who had it's moments. Well, lots of them.

"No, not the mind probe!" is a classic.

"Nothing in ze World can stop me now!"

"There's nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality".

And so on....

Are you trying to get Bart to ban you?

I'm more of an Emmerdale Farm man myself, never watch "Hollyhocks" (as I call Emmerdale these days).

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Eastenders, or Deadenders as it is now known, must be not only the worst Soap ever, but also the most badly acted.

For some reason most of the "actors" seem to have some sort of speech impediment. From lisping to throats that need to be cleared this TV rubbish attracts them all.

However, the worst actors on Eastenders are the ones that say nothing. You know the ones I mean.

The extras in the background who stand there gesticulating, waving their arms, nodding their heads but saying nothing.

Not only do they look extraordinary, but totally false. It's almost as if the producers of Eastenders are deliberately taking the pxss out of the viewers.

The story lines are pathetic. From trying to weave gays, blacks, domestic violence into nearly every scene it's as if they are showing their true leftie principles on a par with Nu Labour.

I sometimes watch five minutes of this dross just to remind myself just how bad it really is.

Drive down Stratfield Road in Borehamwood and you will see the backlot of "The Square". All totally false, just like the Soap.

HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury

Soap Stars can`t act they merely play their selves, could any of them act in a Shakespeare play? you have to be joking. :lol:

East Enders is a typical example of non acting, so pathetic the mind boggles. :rolleyes:

Hollyoaks, I understand. the acting is poor because they cast from modelling agencies. Their USP is that their girls are fit. This, I welcome.

How Eastenders have been getting away with the level of acting for so long, is frankly beyond me. I don't watch it, but have caught bits and pieces by accident. These people just can't act, they can't make expressions, or anything that wouldn't be surpassed easily at a secondary school play. It's so rank it's staggering.

I find it all quite embarrassing really.

HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury

Yeh right. Bet you never miss an episode. Come on own up you know you want to.

No chance. It's utter tosh.

Like someone else said, it's so bad now, it's like the producers are having their own little joke.

HOLA4416

I dont watch any soaps, so cant comment on how crap the acting is. However, it does seem very odd that the acting is so crap because, as TV is now packed to the gunnels with cheap unreality TV and Britain hasnt got any talent garbage, you'd think that what few acting jobs are left on TV would go to the best actors.

Which leaves us with the two possibilities already mentioned on this thread: They are being cast on looks not acting talent. The producers are treating their audience like idiots/having a good laugh at their expense. And brings me back to my first point. I dont watch soaps (or anything much on broadcast TV these days).

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-%26-entertainment/cowell-keen-to-defile-alien-civilisations-201001252406/

HOLA4417

No chance. It's utter tosh.

Like someone else said, it's so bad now, it's like the producers are having their own little joke.

I love Eastenders, the very idea of this incestuous square with a massive murder rate, and a bunch of plebs who can't see past their own noses. People who can afford to live there just with a couple of shifts down the vic. Barbara Windsor carries the show, she's wise to it. She is a real gem. I watch the omnibus on a lazy Sunday. It's a proper soap. The shoe horning of social issues into everything is hilarious. I love the endings: If you have been affected by anything on this weeks show, please call.... (the Samaritans). Great.

HOLA4418

I think we have problems producing small screen actors. I know someone who went into one of these soaps. I had seen her many times on the stage and considered her to be a fine actress. I assumed she would be a big success on TV, but she looked a bit wooden too. I have no idea why...I would still describe her as extremely talented.

HOLA4419

I think we have problems producing small screen actors. I know someone who went into one of these soaps. I had seen her many times on the stage and considered her to be a fine actress. I assumed she would be a big success on TV, but she looked a bit wooden too. I have no idea why...I would still describe her as extremely talented.

I was talking to a soap opera director a few years ago and one of his biggest complaints was that when he called 'action!' the actors would stop behaving like real people and turn into a block of wood. He'd even get the camera operator to record some footage when the actors didn't think they were on camera so that he'd have some reaction shots he could cut into the show where they looked alive.

He couldn't understand it either.

HOLA4420

Archived