House Price Crash Forum
Democorruptcy

4% Tax Free For 10 Months

Chelsea are 1-25 (1.04) with the major bookmakers to finish the 2010/2011 Premier league season in the top 4.

Surely they will manage that? Won't they?

Since Roman Abramovich bought them in 2003 they have finished 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st & 2nd.

The years before he came they were 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 3rd & 4th so you might get sweaty palms if he sells!

Of course there isn't a FSCS guarantee but the major bookmakers have been around a long time.

I rarely bet, but when I put £100 on Chelsea at home to beat Liverpool and continue their 86 match home unbeaten run, guess what? Both Chelsea and I lost.

Would I risk £1k to make £40?, er no.

I rarely bet, but when I put £100 on Chelsea at home to beat Liverpool and continue their 86 match home unbeaten run, guess what? Both Chelsea and I lost.

Would I risk £1k to make £40?, er no.

86 match unbeaten run?

Can't you recognise a bubble when you see one??

Chelsea are 1-25 (1.04) with the major bookmakers to finish the 2010/2011 Premier league season in the top 4.

Since Roman Abramovich bought them in 2003 they have finished 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st & 2nd.

The years before he came they were 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 3rd & 4th so you might get sweaty palms if he sells!

Of course there isn't a FSCS guarantee but the major bookmakers have been around a long time.

On Betfair they are 1.06-1.07 which suggests that 1.04 is terrible value.

86 match unbeaten run?

Can't you recognise a bubble when you see one??

:) That was before I found HPC! I have now seen the light :rolleyes:

On Betfair they are 1.06-1.07 which suggests that 1.04 is terrible value.

Obviously 1.04 on Betfair is worse after commission than 1.04 with a major bookmaker. At prices above 1.04 there is currently only £900 (£730 1.05 & 1.06 £179) to back on Betfair. Don't forget Betfair's 20% Premium Charge if you qualify for having your account plundered on a Wednesday!

There is no comparison between Chelsea top 4 and a team winning a particular match. Anything can happen in one match but a Premier League top 4 placing is a marathon not a sprint.

Obviously 1.04 on Betfair is worse after commission than 1.04 with a major bookmaker. At prices above 1.04 there is currently only £900 (£730 1.05 & 1.06 £179) to back on Betfair. Don't forget Betfair's 20% Premium Charge if you qualify for having your account plundered on a Wednesday!

There is no comparison between Chelsea top 4 and a team winning a particular match. Anything can happen in one match but a Premier League top 4 placing is a marathon not a sprint.

True, but past performance is no guarantee of future results! I agree, Chelsea will probably win the title and I would be amazed if they finished outside the top 4, but for me the return isn't worth it. May as well get a guaranteed 3% from a savings account. As I said, I'm not a big gambler!

True, but past performance is no guarantee of future results! I agree, Chelsea will probably win the title and I would be amazed if they finished outside the top 4, but for me the return isn't worth it. May as well get a guaranteed 3% from a savings account. As I said, I'm not a big gambler!

You have put me off now - when you look at the difference between a 1.04 gamble and a 1.03 no risk bank (well supposedly no risk... but if the banks fail supposedly the bookmakers would lose deposits as well)

Where are you getting the 3%?

Only £900 you say.

That's £900 more than I've been able to get on with any online bookmaker for years.

I only suggested using Betfair to get a reflection of what the true chances of Chelsea being in the top 4.

There is some risk to this bet.

Your stats for previous years were when the top four teams were pretty much the same.

With the amount of money city are spending, that has got to put them in contention for a top 4 place.

Spurs are improving there team too.

I can't really see arsenal dropping out of the top 4 just yet.

Chelsea only won the league by one point and that was after losing several games.

I don't think Chelsea have improved there team that much with several players leaving. Ballack, deco, cole, Carvallo wanting to go.

Ashley cole possibly. also Drogba spent a lot of time injured last season.

United haven't spent much but what they have got looks promising. Hernandez looked good at the World cup. Nani finished the last season strong. Pre season matches look promising as far as Berbatov is concerned. Will squeeze some more mileage out of scholes and Giggs. I would stake my mortgage on them signing Ozil before the end of Sept.

If Torres and mascherano stay at liverpool, with there new manager, they could have a better season.

Everton did very well last year too.

For 4% I would forget it. You could prob get a 12 month bond for that, And it won't give you any sleepless nights.

Edited by sidewinder

There is some risk to this bet.

Your stats for previous years were when the top four teams were pretty much the same.

With the amount of money city are spending, that has got to put them in contention for a top 4 place.

Spurs are improving there team too.

I can't really see arsenal dropping out of the top 4 just yet.

Chelsea only won the league by one point and that was after losing several games.

I don't think Chelsea have improved there team that much with several players leaving. Ballack, deco, cole, Carvallo wanting to go.

Ashley cole possibly. also Drogba spent a lot of time injured last season.

United haven't spent much but what they have got looks promising. Hernandez looked good at the World cup. Nani finished the last season strong. Pre season matches look promising as far as Berbatov is concerned. Will squeeze some more mileage out of scholes and Giggs. I would stake my mortgage on them signing Ozil before the end of Sept.

If Torres and mascherano stay at liverpool, with there new manager, they could have a better season.

Everton did very well last year too.

For 4% I would forget it. You could prob get a 12 month bond for that, And it won't give you any sleepless nights.

You must be a United fan :lol: Man Utd had a world record amount of own goals for them last season and they managed to finish the season 1 point behind and that was with Wayne Rooney on fire.

Joe Cole, Carvallo missed most of last season through injury and Chelsea also lost all the africans for the African cup of nations. Even with Rooney on fire, Drogba still ended top scorer in the Prem league and that is with injuries and being away for a month.

Both Arsenal and Liverpool will improve on last season.

You must be a United fan :lol: Man Utd had a world record amount of own goals for them last season and they managed to finish the season 1 point behind and that was with Wayne Rooney on fire.

Joe Cole, Carvallo missed most of last season through injury and Chelsea also lost all the africans for the African cup of nations. Even with Rooney on fire, Drogba still ended top scorer in the Prem league and that is with injuries and being away for a month.

Both Arsenal and Liverpool will improve on last season.

Yep I'm a red.

What you also have to remember is united had a terrible time with injuries around christmas time. they had no regular defenders fit. Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher were used as full backs.

Anyway, this is a digress away from the main topic. And what you said just reinforces my arguement. This season there will be no certainty about the top 4. There are more teams that could lay claim to those top 4 places.

I think that Chelsea will be in there, but for 4% return why take the risk?

Still looking like a good bet? :o

Still looking like a good bet? :o

Not at 1.04 when they are now 1.28

They dropped as low as 1.02 so you could have traded out and taken 2%.

If they bin the manager and improve that 1.28 might look a good bet. There only looks to be 5 teams for 4 places. What you would really want is Harry Rednapp to take over and knacker Tottenham at the same time!