House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

Blooming Hell

Its not that warm, but feels tropical here. 78% humidity according to a localish weather station, but the air feels saturated with water here. Just had a shower but it hasn't really helped. Is anyone else suffering today?

Right that explains it http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1vmh-why-is-the-tropical-rainforest-so-humid

During the day the humidity in a tropical rainforest measures about 80%. At night the humidity is even higher at 95%.

Read more: Why is the tropical rainforest so humid? - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1vmh-why-is-the-tropical-rainforest-so-humid#ixzz0unGHLW1x

I'm effectively working in a rainforest

Its not that warm, but feels tropical here.  78% humidity according to a localish weather station, but the air feels saturated with water here.  Just had a shower but it hasn't really helped.  Is anyone else suffering today?

Right that explains it http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1vmh-why-is-the-tropical-rainforest-so-humid

During the day the humidity in a tropical rainforest measures about 80%. At night the humidity is even higher at 95%.

Read more: Why is the tropical rainforest so humid? - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1vmh-why-is-the-tropical-rainforest-so-humid#ixzz0unGHLW1x

I'm effectively working in a rainforest

That job is not sustainable..

Hmm Sitting on the floor seems to help a little, better than sitting on a leather sofa. In this humidity should I worry about the sofas going mouldy? Mr P, any advice?

Guest Noodle

Hmm Sitting on the floor seems to help a little, better than sitting on a leather sofa.  In this humidity should I worry about the sofas going mouldy? Mr P, any advice?

No I have suede sofas, in a rather fetching milk chocolate brown actually, no issue with mould only issues with kids wiping crisps on them. :angry:

Its not that warm, but feels tropical here.  78% humidity according to a localish weather station, but the air feels saturated with water here.  Just had a shower but it hasn't really helped.  Is anyone else suffering today?

+1. About three hours ago had the misfortune to travel into London on the tube, carrying a light case (musical instrument.)

I dripped.

My hair has been dryer when washing it.

My clothes need a tumble dry.

I'm back in an air-conditioned office yet still hot and uncomfortable.

A shower, even an ineffective one, would be lovely.

Humidity is 68%, 73%, 78% or 83% depending on which online source I choose. ;)

Water fight anyone?

Guest Noodle

+1. About three hours ago had the misfortune to travel into London on the tube, carrying a light case (musical instrument.)

I dripped.

My hair has been dryer when washing it.

My clothes need a tumble dry.

I'm back in an air-conditioned office yet still hot and uncomfortable.

A shower, even an ineffective one, would be lovely.

Humidity is 68%, 73%, 78% or 83% depending on which online source I choose. ;)

Water fight anyone?

Now multiply that by ten, with no aircon, it's how I live . . . day in, day out.

You do get used it. When you do, you forget to rehydrate and that when you get heat stroke when the heat index goes above 50C.

Water fight anyone?

No ta. Might end up having to chip myself free :P

Reminds me, better go and rattle up some more kindling, and if it's stopped lashing down see if the coal-eggs are dry enough to fetch a couple of buckets into the house.

Up the other end of the island it's been foul for at least a couple of weeks, what you saw on the Open at St Andrews, but minus the sun.

I've taken to wearing a woollen overcoat and KingDing-style tweed hat when typing my witterings on here. Three feet from the stove.

Looks like this "summer" is going the way of the last three, viz.-

Snow finally melts. Chocolate eggs hidden in garden for children way back at easter resurface and are promptly consumed by starving rats. Mini-drought and much heat, as high as 20oC till early July. Fimbulvinter from then till next easter. Plants start to die and rot about mid-August due to near-darkness and excessive pluviation. Bloke who runs grain-dryers in the industrial estate over bye rubs hands in glee and orders extra gas pipeline to be connected to his premises.

Feels quite... temperate here in South Wales. Jeans and T-shirt weather.

Bit stuffy in the car, but that's because mine has no aircon and the blower unit is stuck on the hottest setting.

Bloody lovely here in Cornwall -nice breeze to cool you down but still blazing sunshine