House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

Another One Turns Negative...

From the article:

"The drop has been driven by a 3.6 per cent increase in the number of homes on the market,"

And the rest. Either they have access to duff data or it's a delusion, this 'flood' of properties onto the market.

Just need the nationwide and then we have a full house. Next step is the YoY figures-when they go neg, there will be very ltd options for spin.

Just need the nationwide and then we have a full house. Next step is the YoY figures-when they go neg, there will be very ltd options for spin.

D*oD

then

C*oC

*Decade

*Century

Theres plenty more potential bullish measures up the sleeve

ZERO point 1%?

So tiny I am surprised it is even measurable. On a typical 400k semi in a rough part of London you are talking about a drop of 400 pounds.

I am wondering if the VIs are publishing these stats to calm the market and to get people to keep buying as a string of .1% losses would not amount to more than a few thousand in a year and its better than renting etc.

Yes, the psychology of it turning negative is more important than the miniscule figure itself. Anyone know of any reason why Hometrack is 3 months behind others in showing drops?

The wait goes on for affordable houses.

I thing DCLG is still positive isn't it? It's hard to keep track of the minor indices I forget which is which!

I heard this on the radio this morning that's what brought my attention to the release. Not a peep when the bigger more well known index of rightmove is down 0.6%

Nationwide going negative will be a big phycological blow as that's the main index of choice for the VIs.

It's an asking price index

(RTTNews) - The average asking price for a home in the United Kingdom was down 0.1 percent in July compared to the previous month, property Web site Hometrack said on Monday, falling for the first time in 15 months following the 0.1 percent increase in June.

On an annual basis, prices were up 2.0 percent in July after rising 2.1 percent a month earlier.

The number of new buyers was down 1.3 percent, the data showed, while new properties entering the market rose 3.6 percent.

Sellers are also receiving 94 percent of their asking price, down from 94.3 percent in June.