House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
appletizzy

Appletizzy

Ok, seeing as no-one has dared post here yet, I'll break the ice and repost the info I originally posted elsewhere.

Hello, everyone!

Name: Appletizzy

Dependents: 1 kid from a previous relationship

House-owning experience:

Owned a flat in an expensive village just outside Shrivenham with my ex.

We were renting it, but our landlord died suddenly and his inheritors offered us a deal so they could make a quick sale at a dead time of year to settle the estate and pay off inheritance tax.

A year or so later we split up and sold the flat for approx. 30% profit, split the money 50-50 between us.

Kid + I then lived with my parents for about 6 months whilst looking for a new job.

Finally, the kid + I moved to Bristol about 2 years ago and have been renting in Clifton ever since.

I could just about stretch to buy one of the cheaper 2 bedroom flats in the centre of Bristol, but seeing as identical flats are available to rent for less than I'd be paying on a mortgage, why bother?

So, that's me.

Welcome to HPC Appletizzy.

(Cool name btw.)

Take a look around, and if you have any questions the people on the site are (mostly!) friendly.

"No such thing as a stupid question - only stupid answers."

Edited by needle

Welcome to the website Appletizzy. You've certainly got the right idea about renting. At the moment the rental deals are excellent compared with the costs of a mortgage for a similar property. If you can save aswell as pay the rent then that's a bonus.