House Price Crash Forum

Macdonalds' Sales Up 8%

juvenal

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest X-QUORK

We're eating 220,000 Big Macs every day in the UK - and rising!

Succulent sign of recovery, or recessionary shite?

Which is the equivalent of every person in the UK having a Big Mac every 272 days. Not that terrible.

Slow news day.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest Noodle

Tax them like fags. Why should the NHS foot the bill for obesity, diabetes and colon cancer?

Yes. I agree with this.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Yes. I agree with this.

Me too. If we're going to be taxed for our health, then this toxic crap should attract higher taxes than fags. Handy tip..... buy a big mac and smell it.... then smell your armpit...... Burger King on the other hand.... well, I let my kids have one now and again!! :lol:

HOLA4412
Guest Noodle

Me too. If we're going to be taxed for our health, then this toxic crap should attract higher taxes than fags. Handy tip..... buy a big mac and smell it.... then smell your armpit...... Burger King on the other hand.... well, I let my kids have one now and again!! :lol:

Burger King manage to make real burgers. Vast difference between the two.

HOLA4413

One every 272 days for each person in the UK sounds ok. Until you realise that a huge number of people never eat there. The problem is there is a number of people who just eat lazy fast food every day of their life and turn into blobs.

I eat fast food 'regularly'. Probably once a week with a hangover. No harm in the odd burger or KFC. Got to even it up somehow though.

HOLA4414

As long as you only eat 2 or 3 per year it shouldn't kill you. However, personally, I've got to be desperate before I would choose one!!

me too...then when I have eaten it I always feel a little sick....not a pleasant feeling.

HOLA4415

At least our choice over here seems to be limited to mcdonalds and burger king. I was in San Diego earlier this year, ****** me no wonder the yanks are fat;

mcdonalds

burger king

Wendys

jack in the Box

Carl's Jnr

Fuddrucker

In-N-Out burger

Whataburger

and these were just the burger joints I remember, not to mention the pizza places, taco bell etc which seemed to be everywhere.

HOLA4416

As long as you only eat 2 or 3 per year it shouldn't kill you. However, personally, I've got to be desperate before I would choose one!!

1 a week won't do you any harm, maybe more depending on what the rest of your diet and activity levels are like. A big mac is 500-600 calories with a decent serving of protein...not much wrong with that IMO.

HOLA4417

At least our choice over here seems to be limited to mcdonalds and burger king. I was in San Diego earlier this year, ****** me no wonder the yanks are fat;

mcdonalds

burger king

Wendys

jack in the Box

Carl's Jnr

Fuddrucker

In-N-Out burger

Whataburger

and these were just the burger joints I remember, not to mention the pizza places, taco bell etc which seemed to be everywhere.

Again it has more to do with self awareness/discipline rather than the quality of foods served at these places. I really wish they had Taco Bells over here.

HOLA4418

You people have no clue - Del Taco pisses all over Taco Bell !!

And yes once a week - I don't see the big deal. Every day - now that is not good.

HOLA4419

You people have no clue - Del Taco pisses all over Taco Bell !!

And yes once a week - I don't see the big deal. Every day - now that is not good.

Well I wouldn't touch KFC with a barge pole so each to their own I guess ;)

Agree with the second point, although I'd be interested in seeing the results of a Big Mac a day (just one, not the equivalent of the retarded Super Size Me "experiment").

HOLA4420

mcdonalds

burger king

Wendys

jack in the Box

Carl's Jnr

Fuddrucker

In-N-Out burger

Whataburger

As appropriate names for such shite go, thats a good one.

HOLA4421

I can't understand the anti-burger hysteria. It's only a bit of meat in a bun with a bit of lettuce!

Is any fast food PC? Or do we HPC people live on quail's eggs, and carrot juice!

HOLA4422

I can't understand the anti-burger hysteria. It's only a bit of meat in a bun with a bit of lettuce!

Is any fast food PC? Or do we HPC people live on quail's eggs, and carrot juice!

An Omelette, that's fast AND PC (unless you're a vegan).I think the non PC thing is more about the methods of production coupled with the high salt and fat content.

HOLA4423

Well I wouldn't touch KFC with a barge pole so each to their own I guess ;)

Agree with the second point, although I'd be interested in seeing the results of a Big Mac a day (just one, not the equivalent of the retarded Super Size Me "experiment").

Wicked Zinger meals are class !!

You never know one McD per day maybe isn't so bad afterall ? Wouldn't fancy it myself though. Rank stuff. Just isn't very nice to eat IMO.

HOLA4424
Guest Noodle

An Omelette, that's fast AND PC (unless you're a vegan).I think the non PC thing is more about the methods of production coupled with the high salt and fat content.

I always end up with scrambled egg.

HOLA4425

+1

People fail to understand that it's the large fries and litre of Coke (or concentrated high fructose corn syrup and water) that are the real issue.

Archived