House Price Crash Forum
OLDFTB

Buyers Are Liars!

Warwickshire Lad why would they?  :P

Nah I mean of course these groups would never lie to a buyer to get a sale. It must all be in the buyer's imagination !

I mean how could they do wrong by an FTB - a young impressionable person out to make a start in life.

Of course these nice friendly suited people really care about house buyers and their future financial security.

But, on the other hand, maybe there's reason to doubt. For example.

Here is a rabbit hutch.

rabbit-hutch.jpg

If an Estate Agent could sell this to an FTB for £100K, he would.

Nah I mean of course these groups would never lie to a buyer to get a sale.  It must all be in the buyer's imagination ! 

I mean how could they do wrong by an FTB - a young impressionable person out to make a start in life. 

Of course these nice friendly suited people really care about house buyers and their future financial security.

But, on the other hand, maybe there's reason to doubt.  For example.

Here is a rabbit hutch.

rabbit-hutch.jpg

Looks nice can I offer £100,001 or is it a sealed bid?

Looks nice can I offer £100,001 or is it a sealed bid?

Quick quick hurry, there's never been a better time to buy ! And as you can see this rabbit hutch comes with Vacant Possession and no chain !

The incumbent rabbit decided to sell up and move to the countryside where he can be with all the other bunnies and is now living hoppily off his pension of carrots.

EDIT: Oh, and he's best friends with Kirsty the cow.

Edited by Warwickshire Lad

Quick quick hurry, there's never been a better time to buy !  And as you can see this rabbit hutch comes with Vacant Possession and no chain ! 

The incumbent rabbit decided to sell up and move to the countryside where he can be with all the other bunnies and is now living hoppily off his pension of carrots.

EDIT: Oh, and he's best friends with Kirsty the cow.

Come on you can do better than that - what about the...

Light and airy aspect with views over open countryside (well ok, garden!), real wood flooring, potential to extend. Compact and bijou this property includes bespoke furniture, perfect for seekers of bohemian lifestyle!

:)

Guest Bart of Darkness

I don't want to start the whole spelling/punctuation debate up again but I couldn't help noticing that the standard of written English is very poor "over there".

It's almost as if they're not quite as intelligent as the average HPC poster.

Sending some reverse Karma to those (expletive deleted), the f-ing (expletive delated). :angry:

Light and airy aspect with views over open countryside (well ok, garden!), real wood flooring, potential to extend. Compact and bijou this property includes bespoke furniture, perfect for seekers of bohemian lifestyle!

Are you a closet EA? <_<

:D

To quote "Chippy Dave" over on the Expats thread

So sorry to hear your news Paula.I spoke to Vicky ealier and she told me i felt sick for you guys.Fingers crossed and lets hope you get another buyer soon and your previous buyers die in a car crash(maybe a bit harsh).

all the best dave and sam

only a bit !!!!!!!!!!!!!! t8sser

Timber Floor Au

When our WAN** american buyers fell thru, well cancelled after pissing us about for 6 friggin months the fat bassards, WE ARE NOT BITTER !!!!!!!!

We asked agent FFS we must be able to get recompense or indeed next time get a deposit, he said No chance.

Hardly any BUYERS solicitor would agree to that even if the buyer did.

Uk House buying system stinks.

JUST wait till you are here and buy a HOUSE the system is SLICK QUICK AND **** < ran outta rhymin words

Alas Timber is correct. Here in Oz when buying a place you have to place a hefty deposit down. Then if you want to pull out for whatever reason (say the place is full of termites or you discover that they are opening a youth drop in centre next door) you lose your deposit. Unless your buying off my old man that is. He just gives it right back (right at the time I'm missing meals due to no money :unsure: )

The laws are on the Vendors side in a big way here. You need to be sure about what you are doing :angry:

Nah I mean of course these groups would never lie to a buyer to get a sale. It must all be in the buyer's imagination !

But, on the other hand, maybe there's reason to doubt. For example.

Here is a rabbit hutch.

If you park it outside Holiday Inn you could sell it with use of a pool. Worth zillions more.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Unless your buying off my old man that is. He just gives it right back (right at the time I'm missing meals due to no money

Well you should look after your money instead of buying all the latest gizmos. :P

:D Spacious main living area boasts unique full-width, floor-to-ceiling, security-enabled, 'rustic' door opening onto unusually tiered garden-style frontage extending to excellent implement storage accommodation to side. :)

edit - damn - how do you copy that dratted picture over? :blink:

Edited by North London Rent Girl

I seem to remember one of the karma komedians a few months back trying to conceal from buyers the fact that she was living next door to a supposed lunatic. Hardly in keeping with their lofty ideals. Why can't people look at a house a number of times and later change their minds. Is it not a big decision to purchase a hovel for approx 1/4 million pounds? I spend more time deciding to buy a magazine than these 'vendors' appear to want folks to commit to a monumental debt in order to purchase their piles of bricks thus allowing said vendor to jump ship and run off to the promised land, brimming with free milk, honey and houses.

Timber Floor Au

Alas Timber is correct. Here in Oz when buying a place you have to place a hefty deposit down. Then if you want to pull out for whatever reason (say the place is full of termites or you discover that they are opening a youth drop in centre next door) you lose your deposit. Unless your buying off my old man that is. He just gives it right back (right at the time I'm missing meals due to no money :unsure: )

The laws are on the Vendors side in a big way here. You need to be sure about what you are doing  :angry:

True, although you can state that your offer is conditional on a satisfactory survey.

When we bought our house the vendor had put up a fairly substantial but jerry built deck & unfenced spa (illegal in Oz) , for which they would have needed a permit. The vendors pack indicated there had been no planning applications in the past few years - when we asked to see the application and building certificate the vendor said we would have to buy the house regardless. We told them to P**s off, settlement day came & went, and they put it back on the mkt. They phoned us up a few weeks later offering a reduction & we bought the house. We were going to pull the deck down anyway & sell the spa.

Do these twits even know what Karma is?  You can't "send" it to anyone, you have to earn your own bloody Karma!

Ha, i was just thinking the same,

"Religious doctrine that each rebirth in the cycle of lives is based on the sum of the merit accumulated by an individual during his previous lives. Karma establishes the general tendency of a life but does not determine specific actions. In each life, the interaction between individual character and previously established karma forms the karma of succeeding lives.

"

OR

"Literally, action. Spiritual merit or demerit that a being acquired in a previous incarnation and is acquiring in present existence."

tosspots.