House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Ever Made A Life Changing Decision Due To An Hpc Post?

I'm not talking about not buying a house (yawn) but perhaps you made a decision about your life, whereby a post here has swayed you into taking a different direction..

Guest theboltonfury

I'm not talking about not buying a house (yawn) but perhaps you made a decision about your life, whereby a post here has swayed you into taking a different direction..

Yes, I actually have. I used to be quite a worrier. At first, this site just made it worse until I became bordering on a paranoid wreck.

I then realised, from reading enough posts, that there are more mental people in the world than I'd ever realised and that many people are bitter because they are jealous or had it and lost it, and now they want the same to happen to others. This , I believe is the origin of a doom-monger.

I now don't worry.

Guest X-QUORK

TBF's thread explaining how he felt a slave to HPC struck a chord with me. I've been spending too much time on it at work so I'm trying to limit my time here to an hour or two in the evening or at weekends.

I'm sure a lot of the opinions and thoughts expressed here influence my view of the world quite a lot, sometimes changing my own opinion, more often reinforcing it.

Discobox and Darkman have influenced my music collection, that's for sure.

When I got sick of accountancy I was thinking of re-skilling for IT (mainly so that I could work from home, not worry about commuting and essentially work anywhere in the world). The numerous anti-IT threads on here by people in the industry persuaded me otherwise.

Instead I've moved into mechanical engineering which is arguably a lot more interesting although probably equally as fruitless a venture. (there have been several anti-engineering threads on here as well, although I've ignored them :lol: ).

I decided it would be both Big and Clever to incorporate a lot more swearing into my MeatSpace persona.

Oops. Just accidentally clicked on a thing (user_add.png) under your avatar which seemed to make you into my friend. I think I managed to undo it in time, but if you get any messages about that I didn't really mean it. That might be a little too life-changing.

Guest Noodle

When I got sick of accountancy I was thinking of re-skilling for IT (mainly so that I could work from home, not worry about commuting and essentially work anywhere in the world). The numerous anti-IT threads on here by people in the industry persuaded me otherwise.

Instead I've moved into mechanical engineering which is arguably a lot more interesting although probably equally as fruitless a venture. (there have been several anti-engineering threads on here as well, although I've ignored them :lol: ).

How could you possibly get sick of accountancy? :huh:

Anti-engineering threads, where? Strange concept.

Oops. Just accidentally clicked on a thing (user_add.png) under your avatar which seemed to make you into my friend. I think I managed to undo it in time, but if you get any messages about that I didn't really mean it. That might be a little too life-changing.

That's OK, I honestly have no idea how any of that works so I've never bothered with it. Mainly because anything fancy seems to throat-punch the browser, and I have to reboot every few posts at the best of times.

So I'll never know about it anyway :D

Guest Noodle

That's OK, I honestly have no idea how any of that works so I've never bothered with it. Mainly because anything fancy seems to throat-punch the browser, and I have to reboot every few posts at the best of times.

So I'll never know about it anyway :D

Thanks to that jock nutter Scunnered I know what that does now so I'm pushing it all over the place.

Good fun.

Guest X-QUORK

Thanks to that jock nutter Scunnered I know what that does now so I'm pushing it all over the place.

Good fun.

Nice one, I'm going to do the same.

Guest X-QUORK

That was so faggy. ;)B)

I'm feeling a bit effeminate this evening - must be my mate getting close to Barrowman.

Guest Noodle

I'm feeling a bit effeminate this evening - must be my mate getting close to Barrowman.

Who the hell is Barrowman?

Guest Noodle

Do keep up Noodle :lol:

What does Barrowman mean, what? Just tell me.

What does Barrowman mean, what? Just tell me.

Believe me, its better staying innocent about it all..once you know, know, your life will change forever...

How could you possibly get sick of accountancy? :huh:

Anti-engineering threads, where? Strange concept.

Not anti-engineering as such. More that it is an underpaid industry and that demand for engineers is lower than suggested.

Guest theboltonfury

Who the hell is Barrowman?

He's only the man that Graham Norton wishes he was. He's the future. Lock up your sons.

Guest Noodle

Not anti-engineering as such. More that it is an underpaid industry and that demand for engineers is lower than suggested.

It is underpaid, comparatively. Demand is lower than it should be for a country that was built on the profession.

Guest Noodle

He's only the man that Graham Norton wishes he was. He's the future. Lock up your sons.

Are you sure you don't mean Barrymore. :huh:

I've been away a while now.

Guest theboltonfury

Are you sure you don't mean Barrymore. :huh:

I've been away a while now.

Quite sure. Barrowman is the new style gay man. Part of the BBC's grand plan to only allow gay men to entertain us after 7pm.

On the plus side, he's much less likely to fist you to death in a swimming pool.

Guest Noodle

Quite sure. Barrowman is the new style gay man. Part of the BBC's grand plan to only allow gay men to entertain us after 7pm.

On the plus side, he's much less likely to fist you to death in a swimming pool.

:lol:

Geezuz chrizt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYMG4VKbw0

Its just weird..He could be the fisting type, not that I really want to find out..