House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BlueRat

Count The Beds

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16607070.html

"This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire a spacious three bedroom detached property in the popular residential location of Solihull at an affordable price. Whilst the house does require some updating, it offers great potential to the family market. There are a number of schools within walking distance of the property, and Solihull town centre with it's wide range of shops, bars and restaurants is in close proximity. The property also benefits from having no upward chain."

"We bought this property initially for its fantastic location in central Solihull. It is situated in a quiet cul de sac with great neighbours, with good schools and Solihull town centre practically on the doorstep.

Whilst we are aware that the house needs some updating, we have priced it to reflect this, and believe that it will make an ideal project for someone."

Surprised they've not got a bed in the bathroom.

Surprised they've not got a bed in the bathroom.

I assume that it being used as a bunkhouse for immigrants who've now returned following the downturn. What's surprising is the area that its in and the type of property. Doesn't fit the normal profile.

"This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire a spacious three bedroom detached property in the popular residential location of Solihull at an affordable price. Whilst the house does require some updating, it offers great potential to the family market. There are a number of schools within walking distance of the property, and Solihull town centre with it's wide range of shops, bars and restaurants is in close proximity. The property also benefits from having no upward chain."

"We bought this property initially for its fantastic location in central Solihull. It is situated in a quiet cul de sac with great neighbours, with good schools and Solihull town centre practically on the doorstep.

Whilst we are aware that the house needs some updating, we have priced it to reflect this, and believe that it will make an ideal project for someone."

Given the state of the house the price is a rip off. Friends has just bought a 3 bed semi in a nearby location that cost £200K in far better condition that this £290K doss-house for Poles.

I assume that it being used as a bunkhouse for immigrants who've now returned following the downturn. What's surprising is the area that its in and the type of property. Doesn't fit the normal profile.

Given the state of the house the price is a rip off. Friends has just bought a 3 bed semi in a nearby location that cost £200K in far better condition that this £290K doss-house for Poles.

How nearby?

It does seem from the previous prices that this is an up market street. Some parts of Brum are f***ing awful and you don't need to go far from Solihul to get to them.

Having said that, a simple clearance is going to cost the owner under 500 pounds so you have to ask: if he wont spend this what else hasn't he done.

How nearby?

It does seem from the previous prices that this is an up market street. Some parts of Brum are f***ing awful and you don't need to go far from Solihul to get to them.

Having said that, a simple clearance is going to cost the owner under 500 pounds so you have to ask: if he wont spend this what else hasn't he done.

Personally I love property photos like this, i.e. a total tip with 70s coloured bathrooms, on the grounds that they're going to put so many other buyers off.

It's amazing the number of people who can't see beyond a bit of mess and horrible wallpaper/carpets to the potential.

And far better a tip than a quickie tart-up, i.e. lick of paint and cheap nasty kitchen/carpets costing £5K max, for which the wretched vendor whacks an extra £25K on the AP.

Personally I love property photos like this, i.e. a total tip with 70s coloured bathrooms, on the grounds that they're going to put so many other buyers off.

It's amazing the number of people who can't see beyond a bit of mess and horrible wallpaper/carpets to the potential.

And far better a tip than a quickie tart-up, i.e. lick of paint and cheap nasty kitchen/carpets costing £5K max, for which the wretched vendor whacks an extra £25K on the AP.

A very good point. I've seen enough episodes of Homes under the hammer where they just paint over the cracks etc to be wary of any 'refurbished' places.

He hasn't sorted out the water leaks in the kitchen ceiling. Apart from put a washing-up bowl on top of the fridge to catch the water :(

Je-sus!

Imagine living next to that - people in and out at all times (I counted 9 beds - and I'm assuming that the double beds in the shared rooms will only have one occupant :unsure: ) & the property is a mess (look at the garden!).

Je-sus!

Imagine living next to that - people in and out at all times (I counted 9 beds - and I'm assuming that the double beds in the shared rooms will only have one occupant :unsure: ) & the property is a mess (look at the garden!).

Obviously you're not able to spot a premium property when you see one:

B)

21 July 2010

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

He hasn't sorted out the water leaks in the kitchen ceiling. Apart from put a washing-up bowl on top of the fridge to catch the water :(

The floorplan suggests the bog is right above it. Just what you want dripping onto your fridge!

So what is it, big family or HMO.

Curious lack of smoke detectors means it must be unregistered if its a HMO, be a shame if the neighbours shopped them to the council for a 20K fine, with all the evidence being freely available on rightmove :)