House Price Crash Forum

Women Now Make Up 40% Of All Bankruptcies

lol, no but can give you some tips if you are looking to meet a partner of that age.

Don't do the club and pub thing its a cattle market and most people have to be out of their head to do it.

Try this pick a decent upmarket supermarket , maybe a Waitrose store and do your shopping about 7-8 pm , on the same night of the week every week, towards the end of the week is best Thursday or Friday the women in there then will not be into the pub thing , as if they were they would be out straight form work . It is amazing how many people you will see on a weekly basics, the same people going shopping at the same time. Easy to pick out the single ones who are independent financially , over a period of time they will remember you as you them.

Go to middle of the road restraunts again towards the end of the week , in business districts , easy to pick out the groups of single working women who go there straight form work , easy to get talking don't go on your own take just one friend who is also single .

Both work .

God I'm not sure I you are really dangerous or really sad ;-)

Sounds a bit like some serial killer manual - If she's buying cat food then you know she's living alone. Quick whack on the head and take her back to the Austrian 'fun' room.

I know you have to go through a bit of the dance on the meeting woman thing but try and keep some dignity for christ sake! You'll end up stood by the DVDs saying'I really like Sex in the CIty. SJP is sooo attractive'. Or, even worse, by the cat food sector saying 'Mr Tiddle's is my best friend. He deserves the best'

The best thing about pubs + clubs is that the women ought to have been drinking and are more more likely to behave like they really are. Otherwise you go out, meet a woman, chat etc and she seems really good - funny, attractive, nice clothes. Then you go back to heres and . . . wibble wibble. Past experiances include White supremacy books (this was a HR woman FFS!), an altar to Jesus, etc.

A large percentage of people - men as well as woman - are nuts when you get to know then.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Reading my post I'd like to point out that I'm not some bitter bloke woman hater - i have lots of women friends (god that sounds like the black frined line)

. Im just telling it how ive found it for the last 20 years)

As I tell people:

Womens Libs: Started with Germane Greer in the late 60s. Ended with Shoe Shop store cards in the late 80s/90s.

Dumb really. Women stopped being a man chattel and just started working for The Man instead - @ 30% APR

Im in my early 40s now. In the last 20 years I have only known one (1) women who has never got into trouble with debt.

The typical financial plan/strategy I have learned involved either: 1) Win the Lottery 2) Meet a 'rich man'

On 2) I have sat listening to a grossly overweight 35 year woman with 2 kids, about to go bankrupt owing 50K telling me she's a good catch and will

meet someone nice in a club. I'm all for a bit of confidence but gross delusion won't get you anywhere.

Sad fact is, that once a woman splits up in their 30s, if they they go back to pubs + clubs they will be competing with women half their age and half their weight.

It's not a pleasant site. And then they hit the gin . . .

On a side note, there are a large number of broke blokes pretending to be rich (normally pilots) who are fishing in the dating sites.

God, you not beleive the lines some women fall for. Classic one is worked around the lines of financial white knight to save her from debt because 'your worth it'.

All ends with the woman doing a suprise visit and finding the bloke still lives with mum+dad at 40 odd.

I know 2 women who have fallen for this recently. I have heard of about 10 others in the last year.

(1) you are clearly not meeting the right kind of women if you have only met 1 who has never had debt problems - I am a woman and I only know one woman who has ..

(2) perhaps thats because you appear to be shallower than a paddling pool in death valley ..... 21 year old lookers tend not to have a lot of money and tend to have big spending habits they can't afford (I know because I used to be on) .... fit though so thats ok

I think you would find most 30 something women who are single - whether in fiancial dire straights or not are looking for a man for romance rather than cash - the majority of women are not pragmatic enough to think about the money certainly not at the cost of some kind of rom com style romance, men just think women are after their money

that being said it is hard to envisage any rom com action with a penniless balding man with middle aged spread

as someone else pointed out - women often come off worse after divorce - career options are not yet equal enough yet to allow the majority of women to earn enough to continue to work if they have children and they are spearated. Full time childcare for one under five is about £900 a month - add rent at say £900 (outer London) plus food and clothes and living say £200 you are on £2000 a month net, £24K a year - and thats with no extras and is conservative - given the average annual salary be it for a man or women is £25K this makes for a pretty grim scenario ... its no wonder women who find themselves in this postiion find it hard to make ends meet.

However - I would concur that there are women who are victims of their own reckless spending but there are men who are the same - I don't think this is a gender issue ..

I was going to ask a serious question about this - is it possible that a divorce can result in one person being bankrupted whilst the other walks off with a large pot of cash/property/whatever.

Often the female partner 'walks off' with what seems like the lions share only to get into financial troubles soon after. This is largely due to the commitments such as mortgage payments, etc. that they also 'walk off' with. It can also be down to the fact that hubby used to manage the finances, often juggling far too many balls, and this all comes crashing down when he goes. Only then does the other half realise that they never really could afford all that stuff they were buying.

Out of genuine interest and not to mirror your usual malice, how do you live when you're in the UK?

Do you own a house there? Do you rent? Live with family?]

You move around the planet a lot, which I do admire, but do you have a place that you own anywhere, somewhere you can go?

No malice, just having a little joke!

The UK is my base but the portable nature of my job allows me to leave for long periods of time, which I usually do over winter, because I get depressed here during that period.

I think you would find most 30 something women who are single - whether in fiancial dire straights or not are looking for a man for romance rather than cash - the majority of women are not pragmatic enough to think about the money certainly not at the cost of some kind of rom com style romance, men just think women are after their money

Really ? Checkout this graph from a dating site comparing what percentage of women + men would date the opposite sex based on their income. Men don't really seem to care either way with 23-30% preference for any salary range, compared to the women who are very very keen to meet men on good wages, and not keen at all to find a guy on a low wage (even if he's a wonderful guy). So much for equality huh ?

pie-2-33.png

Edited by exiges
Guest Noodle

No malice, just having a little joke!

The UK is my base but the portable nature of my job allows me to leave for long periods of time, which I usually do over winter, because I get depressed here during that period.

I had a light box in the UK for winters. It did sod all.

The majority of women are not pragmatic enough to think about the money certainly not at the cost of some kind of rom com style romance, men just think women are after their money

Its a subconscious thing, lots of studies have shown that women find wealthy men more attractive, for example studies have show that women rate the same man as more attractive when wearing more expensive clothes or being in a more expensive car.

Its a subconscious thing, lots of studies have shown that women find wealthy men more attractive, for example studies have show that women rate the same man as more attractive when wearing more expensive clothes or being in a more expensive car.

really!!!! wow! I'm surprised .... and abit disappointed that my own sex are apparently the ones who are shallow!

OMG. You're not serious?

That's like the biggest sad excuse for meeting people I've ever heard.

They might "work" but your basis of a relationship is you liked the look of the pate de fois gras in her basket.

Go do something you enjoy and forget about "dating".

No it anit , don't matter where you meet people as long as you meet them.

why don't you try some dating sometime you might enjoy it.

The best thing about pubs + clubs is that the women ought to have been drinking and are more more likely to behave like they really are. Otherwise you go out, meet a woman, chat etc and she seems really good - funny, attractive, nice clothes. Then you go back to heres and . . . wibble wibble. Past experiances include White supremacy books (this was a HR woman FFS!), an altar to Jesus, etc.

A large percentage of people - men as well as woman - are nuts when you get to know then.

The worst thing about pubs and clubs is that they are all out of their head. But may be they have to be to tango with you.

The worst thing about pubs and clubs is that they are all out of their head. But may be they have to be to tango with you.

Oh oh bitchay . Maybe I should have said: avoid Wetherspoon's

There are other placves to meet woman that do not involved pubs. Most women hate pubs.

Local theatres seems to be the place to meet nice, middle classy girls.

Oh oh bitchay . Maybe I should have said: avoid Wetherspoon's

There are other placves to meet woman that do not involved pubs. Most women hate pubs.

Local theatres seems to be the place to meet nice, middle classy girls.

Exactley what i said in the first post,

really!!!! wow! I'm surprised .... and abit disappointed that my own sex are apparently the ones who are shallow!

You can call it shallow but I don't think of it judgementally. Remember we're all basically apes. The male ape seeks signs of health and fertility (EG youth). The female seeks signs of the ability to protect and provide.

Great graph.

Generally......men it would seem would prefer to date a woman who earns less that them...many men still hold very old fashioned views and would hate their wife to have a bigger pay packet than them....thankfully times are changing and the modern man can now see the benefits of equality. ;)

Generally......men it would seem would prefer to date a woman who earns less that them...many men still hold very old fashioned views and would hate their wife to have a bigger pay packet than them....thankfully times are changing and the modern man can now see the benefits of equality. ;)

Well, my missus is smarter than I, and earns a shedload more, and I couldn't care less. Infact I'm delighted about it!

I have more assetts since she's very averse to financial risk. She looks after the cash side of the portfolio, allowing me to get poorer via the stock market. A match made in 'eaven..

Well, my missus is smarter than I, and earns a shedload more, and I couldn't care less. Infact I'm delighted about it!

I have more assetts since she's very averse to financial risk. She looks after the cash side of the portfolio, allowing me to get poorer via the stock market. A match made in 'eaven..

I would put the assets in her name if I were you. ;)

Really ? Checkout this graph from a dating site comparing what percentage of women + men would date the opposite sex based on their income. Men don't really seem to care either way with 23-30% preference for any salary range, compared to the women who are very very keen to meet men on good wages, and not keen at all to find a guy on a low wage (even if he's a wonderful guy). So much for equality huh ?

pie-2-33.png

I think the late 90s/00s rediscovery of Jane Austen was a sort of lurch back from 70s feminism in that direction. Austen makes a more sympathetic case for 'marrying a rich man' as a lifestyle goal (and how this doesn't make you a whore at all), although it does seem to overlook that Austen's heroines have basically zero opportunities for independent earning...

Edited by Cogs

Generally......men it would seem would prefer to date a woman who earns less that them...

Not so, most men that answered the question were in the £10-£15k range, and yet from the chart you can see plenty of men are happy to date someone on a greater income.

Edited by exiges

Rosie Millard

In 2005, the former BBC arts correspondent revealed she was £40,000 in debt and her bank account had been frozen. Though property investments 'turned into a nightmare', she said taking on four credit cards was her downfall. The married mother of four insisted she needed "a decent haircut every eight weeks, Stila make-up and The New Yorker magazine".

She needs a lot more than a haircut and make up. Besides, a paper bag over the head would be cheaper.