House Price Crash Forum
ollie plimsolls

Gordon Brown Expresses Regret

My link

Gordon Brown has said he wished his government had spotted the UK's financial crisis earlier, in his first interview since leaving Downing Street.

The former prime minister told the BBC's Zeinab Badawi he "wasn't bruised" by losing the election, and that it was the "end of an era" for him.

And he said it would have made a difference if the banking crisis had been acted upon earlier.

Did he say that he regretted taxing everything that moved and then wasting the money that he collected.

Did he say that he regretted plundering the pensions and destroying so many of them.

Did he say that he regretted the PFI , that made millions for those in the city and are going to take years to pay back.

Did he say that he regretted his actions with high taxes on low earnings and inability to stop the housing boom , made it better for many familys not to work.

Did he say that he regretted taxing so many so much and then giving those with children so much in tax credits.

Did he say that he regretted council tax going up so much and the money that town halls got form this being wasted .

Did he say that he regretted the massive public sector that he created , hoping to buy votes.

No i bet he did not I bet he sat there and tried to blame it all on the banks . The man should hang himself.

Did he say that he regretted taxing everything that moved and then wasting the money that he collected.

Did he say that he regretted plundering the pensions and destroying so many of them.

Did he say that he regretted the PFI , that made millions for those in the city and are going to take years to pay back.

Did he say that he regretted his actions with high taxes on low earnings and inability to stop the housing boom , made it better for many familys not to work.

Did he say that he regretted taxing so many so much and then giving those with children so much in tax credits.

Did he say that he regretted council tax going up so much and the money that town halls got form this being wasted .

Did he say that he regretted the massive public sector that he created , hoping to buy votes.

No i bet he did not I bet he sat there and tried to blame it all on the banks . The man should hang himself.

If he wont millions would love the pleasure

AhhhhahahahahahOhohoho At least for now, all MORONS who voted for him will hopefully catched by their lack of understanding they have ruined the country!!! And thank us to get the Tories in place..

And yes, The man should hang himself.

Edited by Menie

I have just read the BBC article about his speech in Africa. I thought the following was most note worthy:

From Gordon Brown:

Turning his attention to the developmental aid given to Africa, he said this needed to increasingly focus on private sector wealth creation, and not just providing services for the poor.

"The job of aid is to kick-start business-led growth and not to replace it," he said.

He is talking about aid, but I believe that if you replace AID with GOVERNMENT in these contexts, you have the major failings of New Labour over the last 13 years.

Gordon, you tool........ If only you had done at home what you are now talking about in Aftrica, we would not be in the poo that we are now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feckwit!

Don't mention the gold.. I think I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

Yes correct its not prudent to do so.

Yes correct its not prudent to do so.

He threw away around 6 billion on the gold......paenuts compared with the rest of the damage.......£6 billion is just 20% of his annual forecast budget deficit between 2001 and 2007, after being in surplus in 2000.

He never learnt that if you want to spend in a recession, you need to save in the good times. He believed in his own hype about abolishing boom and bust. We are paying now and for decades for his hubris and his monumental mistakes. :angry:

My brother gave me a book for Christmas last year ,

Title Gordon is A Moron

By Vernon Coleman , it is a must read for anyone like us lot on here .

My link

"And he said it would have made a difference if the banking crisis had been acted upon earlier."

It was not a "banking crisis". It was a credit bubble.

The difference is that the credit bubble was his, Gordon Brown's, fault.

1) Brown created the "tripartite" structure that failed to spot it and curbed it.

2) Brown blocked the BoE from curbing the bubble in December 2003, by switching from RPI to CPI, removing housing costs from the inflation index, thus stopping the BoE from raising interest rates in 2004 (a pre-electoral year...). Thanks to that change, the BoE was forced to keep interest rates too low all the way until 2008 (RPI overshot 3% all the way).

It was a credit bubble, fuelled by Gordon Brown's political short termism, and criminal economic incompetence.

1) Brown created the "tripartite" structure that failed to spot it and curbed it.

2) Brown blocked the BoE from curbing the bubble in December 2003, by switching from RPI to CPI, removing housing costs from the inflation index, thus stopping the BoE from raising interest rates in 2004 (a pre-electoral year...). Thanks to that change, the BoE was forced to keep interest rates too low all the way until 2008 (RPI overshot 3% all the way).

It was a credit bubble, fuelled by Gordon Brown's political short termism, and criminal economic incompetence.

But it started in America it did caus i heard Gordon say that on the telly , and he would not lie now would he.

Exactly.

Regardless of 'apologies', there is a fundamental difference between thinking you didn't spot a problem early enough and actually being the key actor in its cause in this country.

Exactly!

Thanks hotairmail.

Perfectly summarised. This is worth quoting, repeating, learning and publishing until this evil man is brought to justice.

Exactly.

Regardless of 'apologies', there is a fundamental difference between thinking you didn't spot a problem early enough and actually being the key actor in its cause in this country.

...and we've all seen Gordon's 'apologies' - those trite, shallow, insincere photo-opportunities that mean nothing but are staged to win approval; all part of his calculated game. As always with Gordon, ambition is all but this is what prevents him from taking responsibility for his appallingly culpable actions.

Is Gordon really in Africa?

If so then it is the best place for him, he will fit in well with all of the other despots there.

Wonderpulp, Hilltop and AZ must be on a Fabian Society nght out....

Well, they lost the election three months ago. It'll be you guys that will have to defend the indefensible now.

Well, they lost the election three months ago. It'll be you guys that will have to defend the indefensible now.

Any non labour government will really have to go some to f me up more than labour have!