House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ian Chesterton

Making The Bitches Beg

Guest Ian Chesterton

No, not one of Rolf's threads:

Senator in plea to Scottish government over Lockerbie

A US senator has asked the Scottish government to reconsider its decision not to send officials to a hearing into the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

In a letter, Frank Lautenberg said he was "pleading" with First Minister Alex Salmond to help shed light on claims that BP had influenced the release.

Its a shame he doesn't just readd the wiki article on the Scottish government - it would answer all his questions.

Personally I think Alex Salmond should agree to go, but only if they send George Bush in exchange to answer questions on the Iraq war.

Its a shame he doesn't just readd the wiki article on the Scottish government - it would answer all his questions.

Personally I think Alex Salmond should agree to go, but only if they send George Bush in exchange to answer questions on the Iraq war.

Could you elaborate?

Not scottish, just curious what you mean.

Guest Ian Chesterton

Could you elaborate?

Not scottish, just curious what you mean.

The Americans just seem to fundamentally misunderstand the seperation of the Scottish & Westminster government.

A bit of clarity about what happened in Bhopal would be nice also. Two faced b@st%rds.

The Americans just seem to fundamentally misunderstand the seperation of the Scottish & Westminster government.

can't really blame them tho' imho

A bit of clarity about what happened in Bhopal would be nice also. Two faced b@st%rds.

I think if you asked most Americans about why so many Indians died as Bhopal they'd say it was revenge for Custers last stand. :lol:

Guest Ian Chesterton

can't really blame them tho' imho

Until they start mouthing off and passing judgment on the issue.

Get that other Scotsman Galloway to go back and start ranting at them again. It seems all you need to be a politician in the US are amazingly white teeth and a full head of hair. Should be an easy debate.

Guest Ian Chesterton

Get that other Scotsman Galloway to go back and start ranting at them again. It seems all you need to be a politician in the US are amazingly white teeth and a full head of hair. Should be an easy debate.

Ned vs. Redneck. I know who my money would be on.

Get that other Scotsman Galloway to go back and start ranting at them again.

You may just have hit on the perfect solution. Gorgeous George would undoubtedly be up for that, so maybe the Scottish government could temporarily appoint him as some kind of diplomatic attack dog.

I have a mental image of Galloway feasting on Senate bone marrow before sitting back and belching, his face a picture of contentment.

Extra popcorn for that one.

I have a mental image of Galloway feasting on Senate bone marrow before sitting back and belching, his face a picture of contentment.

Extra popcorn for that one.

Alex Salmond is the most famous person I have shared a lift with.Any advance?

Guest X-QUORK

I sat opposite Melvyn Hayes on a train, and gave him a light when he asked for one. Kind of fits in neatly with my avatar.

Guest Ian Chesterton

I've stood at a urinal next to a man who walked on the moon.

Douglas Hurd in a hotel lift near the UN building in New York.

Guest X-QUORK

I've stood at a urinal next to a man who walked on the moon.

"Wouldn't have been able to do this in the LEM, eh?"

"Where's my minder gone?"

Guest Ian Chesterton

"Where's my minder gone?"

I'll be honest with you - I peeked. The guy was a tripod.

Guest Ian Chesterton

Although in the LEM on the moon would have been the only time on the mission they could pee without a vacuum cleaner attachment :P

Why do senators think they can "summon" whoever they want from anywhere in the world to speak there?

Yank government can go f**k themselves.

Or at least proper clean-up and compensation. I heard the only clean-up done in Bhopal was a white-wash. Plenty of brown paper envelopes in politicians hands and precious little for the ordinary people, many of whom are still horribly afflicted.

Guest X-QUORK

An actor who won a best actor oscar came to my house warming party............................... and I met Johny Depp too. Which has more cudos?

Dustin Hoffman?