House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Watch Your Self If Your Thinking About A New "scooby"

Seem that Subaru imported a boat full of STi's back in 2008.........then found they didn't sell. One guy in Autocar just found that his "new" was in fact over 2 years old!!!!

The Brakes failed on it because it had been sat at the docks since 2008!!!!!!

Mike

Imprezas are one of those cars that gets uglier and uglier with every new facelift/model. Wonder if thats why they dont sell.

It's the servicing costs on the new car.

Pay Beemer money, get Bentley costs.

Guest sillybear2

It's the servicing costs on the new car.

Pay Beemer money, get Bentley costs.

Yet the police seem to like 'em.

More state funded anti-patriotism.

I reckon that anyone who buys a Subaru Imprezza should automatically get 6 penalty points on their driving licence :lol: The Imprezza is the ultimate aspiration of boy racers, mostly because of the horrible noise it makes if fitted with a noisy exhaust. Let's face it, nobody buys an Imprezza in order to keep to speed limits or drive sensibly, do they.? Yes, I know they're 4-wheel drive - probably just as well or many more of them would have been wrapped round trees by now.

Guest theboltonfury

Imprezas are one of those cars that gets uglier and uglier with every new facelift/model. Wonder if thats why they dont sell.

And they started out filthy looking.

Driven by twats generally.

Guest sillybear2

I reckon that anyone who buys a Subaru Imprezza should automatically get 6 penalty points on their driving licence :lol: The Imprezza is the ultimate aspiration of boy racers, mostly because of the horrible noise it makes if fitted with a noisy exhaust. Let's face it, nobody buys an Imprezza in order to keep to speed limits or drive sensibly, do they.? Yes, I know they're 4-wheel drive - probably just as well or many more of them would have been wrapped round trees by now.

I hear the estate version is popular in the shires, very useful if you need to rescue a sheep.

Guest Noodle

Yes quite.

Being an occasional rider of the velosopeed (100bhp+ motorbikes) I can never understand why people buy cars for speed. Very few are really that fast.

Just buy a car for fuel economy and carrying stuff.

My brother had one of those Skyline things years ago, 550 bhp at the wheels and still it was nowt exciting really compared to even a 600cc bike. Of course the probability of death is much higher on two wheels, that's a given.

Guest sillybear2

Yes quite.

Being an occasional rider of the velosopeed (100bhp+ motorbikes) I can never understand why people buy cars for speed. Very few are really that fast.

Because they like the traction of four wheels, the protection of a cage and lots of inflatable pillows for when their arsing about goes terribly wrong.

Confession - I owned one about a decade back. It seemed like a good idea at the time as they say.

Removed large spoiler and kept standard exhaust, but still attracted lots of unwanted attention.

Fantastic when in a hurry on country roads or sitting at the maximum torque point on the motorway(about 90mph, a touch of the throttle and the licence was in instant danger). Rubbish the rest of the time(noisy, thirsty, hard suspension, shaven-headed thugs wave to you as if you are their friend, Peugeot GTI drivers harass you, expensive tyres, insurance etc, you can't sleep in it)

An outmoded thing of a bygone era IMO, just like all other thirsty stupidly fast cars.

Replaced it with an LPG converted estate, now I want a Chevy Volt if they're any good, times change, people change.

Guest Noodle

Because they like the traction of four wheels, the protection of a cage and lots of inflatable pillows for when their arsing about goes terribly wrong.

Is the concept of limiting your speed foreign to so many?

Guilty as charged here, spent years going flat out, mainly due to having to cover long distances to get to work (like 200+ miles). But that was in a normal car.

Can you tell I'm really into these new generation diesels and their 80+mpg at the moment? :) I think they're great.

Here's a trends forecast for you. Boy racer looking cars, hot hatchbacks and the like with still have stripes and big wheels but will sport fuel economy rather than speed.