House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

I Saw This And Thought Of You (Tin Foil Hatters)...

Good entertainment value but that’s it.

If you are going to make wild predictions about the future best to make them for the distant future, not for two years down the line, otherwise you will end up looking foolish.

Good entertainment value but that’s it.

If you are going to make wild predictions about the future best to make them for the distant future, not for two years down the line, otherwise you will end up looking foolish.

He's spot on with his "celebrity" observations of power though. You do get the impression when you hear him speak that he's quite bitter - his writing seems "well balanced" by comparison.

Good entertainment value but that's it.

or correct.

the thing with celente is that he's sees our political elite for what it is.I like the guy.has an honesty about him.to be fair,in terms of stocks he's saying nothing that richard russell,bob precther,karl denninger aren't saying.

I intend to buy some land when it's appropriate and sooner rather than later. and as someone with a three month stash of food in the garage,I can hardly sneer and call him a loon.

At one point early in his life, he admits to having been "groomed" by the senator(s) he was essentially a runner for. Something obviously snapped in him when he saw how corrupt Washington was.

Edited by AvidFan

anyone care to name any more families doing well in democracy

Lawson...

Although they've diversified into home baking and the media

Edited by AvidFan

Thanks for the post. Maybe I've lost it, but I don't see anything remotely TFH in that Journal. It tells it like it is.

Thanks for the post. Maybe I've lost it, but I don't see anything remotely TFH in that Journal. It tells it like it is.

I'm just not sure about Europe and particularly Germany being a flashpoint. But I could be wrong. I agree with the US - but then I'd say China perhaps, or India or Spain maybe.

According to a Mr. J-Z of New York, the city makes you feel "brand new":

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

Nothing in there about being bitter.

Jus, Jus

'Cooking' Apples?

the creditor nations are gonna be pretty p1ssed off when their Tesco points turn out to be worthless.

EXACTLY. And may I be so bold as to presume you share my point of view that the US dollar in particular will have unsound credentials but sentimental stability right up to the point where reality hits. Convention rules, right?

cheers for the bump, an interesting read.

There seems to be an inability disability in every American that capitalism is a matter of faith that can not be questioned under any circumstances.

As economic conditions declined world-wide, many blamed the crisis on the intrinsic nature of capitalism. But it wasn’t capitalism that failed — it was human nature that was flawed.

Now forgive me if I misread the Wealth of Nations but I think Adam Smith was on about humans. We never discuss the economics of ants or bacteria we are humans talking about managing an economy to the advantage of humans.

To say that capitalism isn't flawed it's human nature that is flawed is a bit like saying there is nothing wrong with my theory, just because it doesn't match reality doesn't mean it is wrong, reality must be wrong...

cheers for the bump, an interesting read.

Now forgive me if I misread the Wealth of Nations but I think Adam Smith was on about humans. We never discuss the economics of ants or bacteria we are humans talking about managing an economy to the advantage of humans.

Exactly. It's the "paradigm" that's flawed. Compete or die. I'm increasingly beginning to think it doesn't matter what approach you take to life - every action has a consequence.

Breakneck consumption to fund lightning technological advancement and burnout within this century or an "intelligent" approach where even higher levels of advancement are funded by a far simpler way of life. Less damage to the planet and it's people - more thinking time... easy.

We're intelligent afterall. Why just play to the most basic instincts like competitive animal behaviour and the need for shelter and food - because sooner or later, it's just going to be about survival.

Exactly. It's the "paradigm" that's flawed. Compete or die. I'm increasingly beginning to think it doesn't matter what approach you take to life - every action has a consequence.

Breakneck consumption to fund lightning technological advancement and burnout within this century or an "intelligent" approach where even higher levels of advancement are funded by a far simpler way of life. Less damage to the planet and it's people - more thinking time... easy.

We're intelligent afterall. Why just play to the most basic instincts like competitive animal behaviour and the need for shelter and food - because sooner or later, it's just going to be about survival.

Because , pehaps there's a end?

we germans started 2 world-wars in the last century - i do not think we are the one to do this again - germany said never ever war again

we germans started 2 world-wars in the last century - i do not think we are the one to do this again - germany said never ever war again

I didn't think he was right about Europe and Germany. Let's face it, the Euro is there as the new reserve currency because when the oil starts to run out, the dollar won't be viable. We'd better stick together...

Edited by AvidFan

You do get the impression when you hear him speak that he's quite bitter

I've listened to him on YouTube many a time and I'd describe his as cynical (but not inaccurate).

Watch enough of his TV appearances though and you'll notice that he uses the same basic set of "sound bites" each time.

And now they're in Afghanistan (after the Luftwaffe was used for bombing in Kosovo? ) I'm afraid we the people can wish for whatever we like.... the "leaders" will do what their superiors tell them, regardless. That's how the UK ended up in Iraq, despite having one of the biggest protests ever against it.