House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boom Boom

Question Time thread

Just watching question time and the audience seem to be composed of total morons. Stringing enough words together to ask a basic question seems beyond most of them.

Just watching question time and the audience seem to be composed of total morons. Stringing enough words together to ask a basic question seems beyond most of them.

You seem surprised - remember that this is the town which voted a man in a monkey suit as Mayor

Peter Mandelson won 3 elections there.

I rest my case.

Actually, its so shit I've turned over to BBC3 to watch the shittest funny person on tv

Sounds quite representative of England to me.

One of the few Labour so-called 'strongholds' that rebelled after the steel plant was allowed to close and voted in a Lib Dem MP. Watched for 5 mins but that idiot Crowe has forced me to turn over.

I am more concerned at the Labour guys distinct lack of understanding of the debt levels the Labour government has caused.

I know he has to make a party political case but he is coming over as being more than a little deluded.

I am more concerned at the Labour guys distinct lack of understanding of the debt levels the Labour government has caused.

I know he has to make a party political case but he is coming over as being more than a little deluded.

You can't expect too much from the token Asian.

Everyone in the audience is basically saying "what about me?"

What about the school I work in and needs rebuilding by a smashing architect

What about my pension money and free bus pass

What about my community group that helps 300 young people who can't do anything productive

me me me.

The message still hasn't got through....labour sp*unked all the money

As Ruth Lea said...there is NO OTHER CHOICE

And to top it off that fat piece of sh*t Crowe on screen

Sounds quite representative of England to me.

:lol: I have to admit that driving through most English towns during the day gets you thinking that way.

I said to my wife the other day that I thought our town had been invaded by the Sontarans from Dr Who.

Every bloke I saw looked almost identical and had a bald head.

:lol: I have to admit that driving through most English towns during the day gets you thinking that way.

I said to my wife the other day that I thought our town had been invaded by the Sontarans from Dr Who.

"Monkey hanger" is an affectionate term by which Hartlepudlians are often known.

According to local folklore, the term originates from an incident in which a monkey was hanged in Hartlepool. During the Napoleonic wars, a French ship of the type chasse marée was wrecked off the coast of Hartlepool. The only survivor was a monkey, wearing a French uniform (presumably to provide amusement for those onboard the ship). On finding the monkey, some locals decided to hold an impromptu trial on the beach; since the monkey was unable to answer their questions, and many locals were unaware of what a Frenchman may look like, they concluded that the monkey was in fact a French spy. Just to make sure, the animal was thus sentenced to death and hanged from the mast of a fishing boat on the Headland.

bob-crow.jpgsontaranstratagem.jpg

"Monkey hanger" is an affectionate term by which Hartlepudlians are often known.

According to local folklore, the term originates from an incident in which a monkey was hanged in Hartlepool. During the Napoleonic wars, a French ship of the type chasse marée was wrecked off the coast of Hartlepool. The only survivor was a monkey, wearing a French uniform (presumably to provide amusement for those onboard the ship). On finding the monkey, some locals decided to hold an impromptu trial on the beach; since the monkey was unable to answer their questions, and many locals were unaware of what a Frenchman may look like, they concluded that the monkey was in fact a French spy. Just to make sure, the animal was thus sentenced to death and hanged from the mast of a fishing boat on the Headland.

I believe that the current major was H'Angus the Monkey - Hartlepool FC's mascot...

It's nice of them to have invited the London cab driver who drove them up their onto the show, I guess someone pulled out at the last minute

The only survivor was a monkey, wearing a French uniform.

That's the give away right there. The monkey obviously wasn't a spy or it would have worn a disguise and not a uniform. It must have been a powder monkey.

Usually by supporters of Darlington Football Club in an attempt to elicit a friendly response from the Hartlepool natives on match days.

Oh dear...another HPC thread that makes me dispair at some of the people on here.

Your basically saying:

"Look - these people speak different to me and have a different point of view. That means they have sexual intercourse with their own family members and are very stupid"

The ignorance is incredible.

Still, I guess it gives you your fix of feeling superior.