House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Guest Noodle

that's actually not a bad post for OT. nothing is said but it's brief, to the point and not self-serving.

.-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / ... . . -.- / .--. ... -.-- -.-. .... .. .- - .-. .. -.-. / -.-. .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .--. --- --- .-. .-.. -.--

(an atom of carbon) is again among us, in a glass of milk. It is inserted in a very complex, long chain, yet such that almost all of its links are acceptable to the human body. It is swallowed; and since every living structure harbors a savage distrust toward every contribution of any material of living origin, the chain is meticulously broken apart and the fragments, one by one, are accepted or rejected. One, the one that concerns us, crosses the intestinal threshold and enters the bloodstream: it migrates, knocks at the door of a nerve cell, enters, and supplants the carbon which was part of it. This cell belongs to a brain, and it is my brain, the brain of the me who is writing; and the cell in question, and within it the atom in question, is in charge of my writing, in a gigantic minuscule game which nobody has yet described. It is that which at this instant, issuing out of a labyrinthine tangle of yeses and nos, makes my hand run along a certain path on the paper, mark it with these volutes that are signs: a double snap, up and down, between two levels of energy, guides this hand of mine to impress on the paper this dot, here, this one.

Although I only had time to skim read the OP, I would nevertheless like to congratulate the poster for making a thoroughly thought provoking and comprehensive point.

I've read some hilarious posts on this site but nothing has made me laugh out loud so much as the mods deleting my post on this thread. Keep it up fellas and don't let anyone tell you that you don't have a sense of humour. That was just brilliant.

Guest theboltonfury

Dogfish sir?

I've got one. It's not quite as coarse as it was but will still get a job done.

I'm afraid not sir, perhaps sir may want to consider his choice of ocean-frottage?

May I recommend the Haddock?

I'll take that one please - the one with the face like Gail Platt

oh and those anenomes, the dirty little tarts.

Guest theboltonfury

Sounds ideal. lendsies?

It'll need a bit of a clean because it's got a bit of a milky eye now. Take it on long term loan.

Check Ebay for 'rock salmon' - buy it now, could be yours to enjoy for the weekend.