House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
live in hope

St Ives

It appears the big housing development is beginning. Most of a golf course plus other council land, and maybe some private. Just been fenced off and trees felled. Just in time for the delayed busway to cambridge, itself rendered untenable because developers have pulled the plug on a new town near cambridge. Busway contracters for some reason are not completing it. Whole situation has look of dodgy economics for somebody. Am watching with intrest.

Saw that all fenced off a couple of months back...drove past recently...all the trees are gone :(

Huntingdon and St Ives are just going to join up one day...as if traffic isnt bad enough round there already. I had the misfortune of trying to get on the A14 the other week. Traffic to get on the A14 queued back all through Godmanchester and actually onto the Huntingdon town centre one way system...insane.

If people work in Cambridge, houses should be built so they can live in Cambridge, not some 15 miles down the A14 with some phantom bus lane. Ahh well, at least there probably wont be any jobs for them to commute to in the future.

Saw that all fenced off a couple of months back...drove past recently...all the trees are gone :(

Huntingdon and St Ives are just going to join up one day...as if traffic isnt bad enough round there already. I had the misfortune of trying to get on the A14 the other week. Traffic to get on the A14 queued back all through Godmanchester and actually onto the Huntingdon town centre one way system...insane.

If people work in Cambridge, houses should be built so they can live in Cambridge, not some 15 miles down the A14 with some phantom bus lane. Ahh well, at least there probably wont be any jobs for them to commute to in the future.

Aha, but its not a phantom. Our wonderful busway exists. Just not working yet and many millions to be argued about in the high court. And shame about the new town midway that it all depended on. With the bus companies cutting services now, it makes you wonder if they will want to pay for access to the busway for very long. Then we will really have a white elephant. A 15 mile concrete track that nothing but cyclists can use. The shit has yet to hit over all this in my district.

Aha, but its not a phantom. Our wonderful busway exists. Just not working yet and many millions to be argued about in the high court. And shame about the new town midway that it all depended on. With the bus companies cutting services now, it makes you wonder if they will want to pay for access to the busway for very long. Then we will really have a white elephant. A 15 mile concrete track that nothing but cyclists can use. The shit has yet to hit over all this in my district.

You'll love this, not a lot but a little. Last year the company I work for was awarded a Silver award for business excellence. I got lumbered with going and receiving the damn thing. One of the other companies to be awarded a prestigious award for service to the public was the parent company of Bam Nuttal the builder of the Cambridge busway.

I had to bite my tongue and not shout out Busway! as they went up to receive the award. I marked the invite to this year's award as spam.

You'll love this, not a lot but a little. Last year the company I work for was awarded a Silver award for business excellence. I got lumbered with going and receiving the damn thing. One of the other companies to be awarded a prestigious award for service to the public was the parent company of Bam Nuttal the builder of the Cambridge busway.

I had to bite my tongue and not shout out Busway! as they went up to receive the award. I marked the invite to this year's award as spam.

LOL. i bet there are a few round here who would get a laugh out of that.