House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
camem'

Regional Government Offices To Be Abolished

When are they GOING to do this, not when they say thats for sure..............so far i have not seen ONE BLOODY job go?

Mike

2000 staff

£91m pay

=

£45500 average salary

Yikes.

The £91m probably includes employer NI, meaning the average gross is a bit lower than that.

Although that would still only take the average gross annual pay was £41k which still seems high.

2000 staff

£91m pay

=

£45500 average salary

Yikes.

More likely 30M for the top 50 leaving 61 M for the remaining 1950 = 31k ish!

The £91m probably includes employer NI, meaning the average gross is a bit lower than that.

Although that would still only take the average gross annual pay was £41k which still seems high.

I suspect the gold for plating the pensions might have to come out of the figure too.

Guest sillybear2

Shouldn't they be shifting whole departments out of Whitehall into the regions? :rolleyes: After they've spent £200m disposing off these people and buildings they can then spend another £500m getting them back again.

WTF do these people do anyway? :-

http://www.gos.gov.uk/

"Strategies, Efficiencies, Flexible resource, Resilience, Transformation" ?!?

They should just plonk their ar$es in the nearest council building, it sounds like they'd be right at home.

Edited by sillybear2

When are they GOING to do this, not when they say thats for sure..............so far i have not seen ONE BLOODY job go?

I keep wondering the same, with the deficit at £3bn a week there is obviously no urgency :rolleyes:

Mike

The emergency budget was a farce. It whole objective was to curtail pay demands from the pubic sector. The job cuts they keep talking about WILL NEVER HAPPEN.. The 20% VAT increase WILL NEVER HAPPEN. The rent caps will NEVER HAPPEN.

This is all government spin.... emergency budget my backside.

Guest sillybear2

The emergency budget was a farce. It whole objective was to curtail pay demands from the pubic sector. The job cuts they keep talking about WILL NEVER HAPPEN.. The 20% VAT increase WILL NEVER HAPPEN. The rent caps will NEVER HAPPEN.

This is all government spin.... emergency budget my backside.

That will definitely happen, they've already voted on it.

As for the other points, I don't think government has ever shrunk in scale of spending or size, ever! Awful Mrs T only ever kept growth below trend (but it still grew) and the number on the public sector payroll only fell due to privatizations, and we've basically crept back up to that level despite the fact the government no longer runs or owns BR, BA, BAA, BP, BG, BT, British Steel, the National Grid nor water.

Edited by sillybear2

That will definitely happen, they've already voted on it.

As for the other points, I don't think government has ever shrunk in scale of spending or size, ever! Awful Mrs T only ever kept growth below trend (but it still grew) and the number on the public sector payroll only fell due to privatizations, and we've basically crept back up to that level despite the fact the government no longer runs or owns BR, BA, BAA, BP, BG, BT, British Steel, the National Grid nor water.

The 20% VAT increase is there to pump up christmas sales. You wait a couple of months and see all the signs and adverts claiming to beat the VAT increase. It is all spin... the 20% VAT will be shelved because of the economy or other claptrap soon to be announced. As soon as the pound recovers a bit more then they will come out with more spin and lies.

Guest sillybear2

The 20% VAT increase is there to pump up christmas sales. You wait a couple of months and see all the signs and adverts claiming to beat the VAT increase. It is all spin... the 20% VAT will be shelved because of the economy or other claptrap soon to be announced. As soon as the pound recovers a bit more then they will come out with more spin and lies.

Right, and the Magic Elves will also work extra hard to eliminate our deficit for us as a special Christmas present?

Right, and the Magic Elves will also work extra hard to eliminate our deficit for us as a special Christmas present?

they could start making italian shoes, theyre expensive, a few trillion pairs should do the job

Regional Government Offices To Be Abolished

& what of, may one enquire, those other overblown 'RGOs' in Wales, Scotland, & N.I. ? :angry:

Guest sillybear2

& what of, may one enquire, those other overblown 'RGOs' in Wales, Scotland, & N.I. ? :angry:

Especially when they've been replaced but even more overblown tinpot councils.

They aren't 'regional' but 'National' which makes a big difference. :rolleyes:

I for one would not lose any sleep if they closed the Scottish Parliament. We have enough Scottish MP's who should not be voting on England only matters. I dont see why the MP's for Scottish constituancies can not sit for a couple of days a week at Holyrood then return to Westminster to be involved in non-devolved matters.

There are several MP's who are also MSP's one might have thought that either would be a full time job so quite how they can do both I fail to understand.

I for one would not lose any sleep if they closed the Scottish Parliament.

We could get rid of the UK lot if you felt like it - just have euro mps...?

:)

As with all magicians. They tell and show you one thing and behind the scenes they are doing something completely different. The liars in government are doing their upmost to generate inflation. All this claptrap about cutting costs and austerity is BOGUS. Remember this was all announced with an EMERGENCY budget. . Where's the emergency now? Oh yeah, VAT next year..... rent caps in a couple of years... lots of job loses later in the year.... yada yada..noise...spin... and more NOISE.

Guest sillybear2

As with all magicians. They tell and show you one thing and behind the scenes they are doing something completely different. The liars in government are doing their upmost to generate inflation. All this claptrap about cutting costs and austerity is BOGUS. Remember this was all announced with an EMERGENCY budget. . Where's the emergency now? Oh yeah, VAT next year..... rent caps in a couple of years... lots of job loses later in the year.... yada yada..noise...spin... and more NOISE.

Remember that Sterling has only rebounded because of these measures, take them away and it'll go back to a level that prices in fecklessness.

Remember that Sterling has only rebounded because of these measures, take them away and it'll go back to a level that prices in fecklessness.

What measures? They haven't done anything. Sterling rallied because of the noise coming from these baffoons mouths and because the Euro rallied against the trashed dollar, not because of any measures they have undertaken. Give me a break.. please.

You will see this playout.... Sterling rallies some more.... then some back-peddling on austerity, just like CGT from 40 to 28%.

Government jobs will not be lost!. Removing any government job will just increase the unemployment numbers accordingly, as those idiots will never find any private sector job.

In the meantime...inflation continues to soar to inflate away the HUGE DEBTS their partners the bankers are carrying on their balance sheets.

More London centralisation.

The Reional Offices may have been a sham, but they were a sham in the right direction.

Move Parliament to Birmingham or Stoke.

If we are going to have radical change, do it properly.

By the way Mike, any chance of you losing your job so you can tell us what it feels like?

Guest sillybear2

What measures? They haven't done anything. Sterling rallied because of the noise coming from these baffoons mouths and because the Euro rallied against the trashed dollar, not because of any measures they have undertaken. Give me a break.. please.

You will see this playout.... Sterling rallies some more.... then some back-peddling on austerity, just like CGT from 40 to 28%.

CGT wasn't officially announced at 40%, they just flew some kites in the media. The VAT rise will happen, and we'll find out about the spending cuts in the Autumn.

CGT wasn't officially announced at 40%, they just flew some kites in the media. The VAT rise will happen, and we'll find out about the spending cuts in the Autumn.

You are of course correct: "they just flew some kites to the media".

"

That is exactly what the "emergency budget" was.

They are never going to transfer happy workers from "jobs" on side of their balance sheets to unhappy "doleys" on the other side of their balance sheets.

Either way they feeding, clothing, and housing them.

Guest sillybear2

You are of course correct: "they just flew some kites to the media".

"

That is exactly what the "emergency budget" was.

They are never going to transfer happy workers from "jobs" on side of their balance sheets to unhappy "doleys" on the other side of their balance sheets.

Either way they feeding, clothing, and housing them.

The finance bill is law, they voted on the VAT rise and won.