House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
twinkle

Location X 3

Anyone see Kristie's summary of Lx3 last night? Had me retching into my dinner.

She was revisiting some FTBs who had the fortune to buy a property in need of modernisation in stunning countryside for a mere £123K in a previous series. Oh, how I would love to be able to find a whole house for that sum around here, modernisiation or no...but I digress.

She said that we are always hearing about how hard it is for FTBers to get on the property ladder, but if you are willing to do the work, you will be able to get on the ladder. She also said the couple had saved hard for years for the deposit, worked hard to set up their own businesses and had only had 2 weekends off in seven months of DIY.

I nearly hurled my dinner at the TV (but didn't want to have to clean up) at this stage. So, uh, Kirstie, YOU saved for years to get your first property did you? Daddy didn't help you with the deposit then? You spent 7 months of weekends doing DIY to get it habitable? Daddy didn't pay for someone to paint the walls for you?

So there you have it. We're all lazy good for nothings that don't save!

Aaaaaaaaannnnddd, despite saying that she hated not being able to bathe at the end of a day's hard physical labour, a five year old's painting technique would have put her to shame. The house owner was looking askance at her newly plastered wall being ruined by la Allsopp. Hope C4 paid for a professional to rectify the damage.

Anyone see Kristie's summary of Lx3 last night?  Had me retching into my dinner.

She was revisiting some FTBs who had the fortune to buy a property in need of modernisation in stunning countryside for a mere £123K in a previous series.  Oh, how I would love to be able to find a whole house for that sum around here, modernisiation or no...but I digress.

She said that we are always hearing about how hard it is for FTBers to get on the property ladder, but if you are willing to do the work, you will be able to get on the ladder.  She also said the couple had saved hard for years for the deposit, worked hard to set up their own businesses and had only had 2 weekends off in seven months of DIY.

I nearly hurled my dinner at the TV (but didn't want to have to clean up) at this stage.  So, uh, Kirstie, YOU saved for years to get your first property did you? Daddy didn't help you with the deposit then?  You spent 7 months of weekends doing DIY to get it habitable?  Daddy didn't pay for someone to paint the walls for you?

So there you have it.  We're all lazy good for nothings that don't save!

Aaaaaaaaannnnddd, despite saying that she hated not being able to bathe at the end of a day's hard physical labour, a five year old's painting technique would have put her to shame.  The house owner was looking askance at her newly plastered wall being ruined by la Allsopp.  Hope C4 paid for a professional to rectify the damage.

what a ^"(&^$!)(£**"^%%! *"*(!)(&^^! &^!%^!*&!*&"& big $"&*)!^%"£ slapper

Anyone see Kristie's summary of Lx3 last night?  Had me retching into my dinner.

She was revisiting some FTBs who had the fortune to buy a property in need of modernisation in stunning countryside for a mere £123K in a previous series.  Oh, how I would love to be able to find a whole house for that sum around here, modernisiation or no...but I digress.

She said that we are always hearing about how hard it is for FTBers to get on the property ladder, but if you are willing to do the work, you will be able to get on the ladder.  She also said the couple had saved hard for years for the deposit, worked hard to set up their own businesses and had only had 2 weekends off in seven months of DIY.

I nearly hurled my dinner at the TV (but didn't want to have to clean up) at this stage.  So, uh, Kirstie, YOU saved for years to get your first property did you? Daddy didn't help you with the deposit then?  You spent 7 months of weekends doing DIY to get it habitable?  Daddy didn't pay for someone to paint the walls for you?

So there you have it.  We're all lazy good for nothings that don't save!

Aaaaaaaaannnnddd, despite saying that she hated not being able to bathe at the end of a day's hard physical labour, a five year old's painting technique would have put her to shame.  The house owner was looking askance at her newly plastered wall being ruined by la Allsopp.  Hope C4 paid for a professional to rectify the damage.

Yep, I saw it and was suitably peeved.

I was gonna start a thread on here but decided she wasn't worth it.

She is lacking in imagination if she can't foresee that no matter how hard some people work, they (at present) cannot even afford a crack-den hovel!

But, as I said, it's not worth getting upset about. She WILL get her comeuppance and how sweet it will be. :lol:

NDL

She said that we are always hearing about how hard it is for FTBers to get on the property ladder, but if you are willing to do the work, you will be able to get on the ladder.

I agree with your sentiment, I did catch the ending of the programme and also wanted to send Kirsty to the doghouse.

So, all the hundreds of thousands of FTBs need to do to buy their starter home is set up their own businesses and save for years on end ! God it's so simple now she puts it like that !

Her comments made her look like a patronising cow. Below is a photo of Kirsty after the end credits rolled and the cameras were turned off.

cow.jpg

Edited by Warwickshire Lad

I agree with your sentiment, I did catch the ending of the programme and also wanted to send Kirsty to the doghouse. 

So, all the hundreds of thousands of FTBs need to do to buy their starter home is set up their own businesses and save for years on end !  God it's so simple now she puts it like that !

Her comments made her look like a patronising cow.  Below is a photo of Kirsty after the end credits rolled and the cameras were turned off.

cow.jpg

What I need to know is 'where's the hat in that pic?' :unsure:

What I need to know is 'where's the hat in that pic?'  :unsure:

She had to eat it, remember !

And cows have four stomachs too, so after being swallowed, the hat would have been brought back up, chewed and then swallowed again to be processed in three of her other stomachs.

:lol: