Victor Meldrew Moment

Guest theboltonfury

HOLA441
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury

Generally in agreement with the OP but I get very angry with people whose attitude towards children suggests that they were born 35 years of age.

p-o-p

No one expects a 6 year old to be aware of social etiquette. But, I expect a 35 year not so yummy-mummy to make sure her kids are controlled. At least make a token attempt.

HOLA443
Guest X-QUORK

Many years ago when I was a thrusting young squaddy, we had a families day at the squadron and let the kids climb over the helicopters, bouncy castle, BBQ, etc. My mate (the Leslie Crowther hater) was the undefeated champion of Wales when it came to getting rubbered as quickly as possible, which made for a lot of fun when the OC asked him to mind his four year old daughter for half an hour whilst he and his wife pressed flesh with dignitaries.

My mate jumped at the chance as he clearly saw himeself as having a bit of an affinity with young kids, but then when you'd sunk as many Pilseners as he had you'd have an affinity with a walrus. He sat the girl down and read from her book, "Panda's travels". All went well as the little girl listened and giggled at his enthusiastic delivery, that was until the final page...

"And eventually Panda arrived back at home in China, where they f**ked him and ate him."

There were tears, and not just from the little girl...we could hardly stand up.

HOLA444

I was one of those unruly children! Parents who couldn't be arsed to be parents. I remember people moving out of train carriages and stuff when I was a kid. Too late to apologise now. At least I'm not a BTLetter. My sibling went on to produce a similar bunch of unparented kids. Very middle class too. You're right, these people lack parenting skills and are more interested in their own needs than those of others.

As for a baby crying on a plane, I don't think there's anything that a parent can do when it's a young baby? Unless they dose it up with Calpol? The poor things are probably in pain from their ears popping.

My varmint was raised from the age of six months on a litle Chateauneuf Du Papes proferred on the end of a little finger.It never did him any harm.although he does hold some odd opinions - don't know where they came from.If you will go into Star*ucks Bolton old bean you are asking for it.

HOLA445
Guest theboltonfury

My varmint was raised from the age of six months on a litle Chateauneuf Du Papes proferred on the end of a little finger.It never did him any harm.although he does hold some odd opinions - don't know where they came from.If you will go into Star*ucks Bolton old bean you are asking for it.

I go to Starbucks in a frantic attempt to demonstrate my middle classness. Mail under my left arm, Prada bag slung over my right shoulder.

It's a look that says 'Get out of my way because I've got opinions on immigration I need to share'

HOLA446

I go to Starbucks in a frantic attempt to demonstrate my middle classness. Mail under my left arm, Prada bag slung over my right shoulder.

It's a look that says 'Get out of my way because I've got opinions on immigration I need to share'

Well yes of course we all want to demonstrate that.I do it by going home from work in a twenty year old car with string tied to the roof rack,leaving all the shiny stuff where it is.The neighbours can look smug as they get out of their Mondeos on the spread that won't be paid for until the scrap man comes to call.

HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury

Well yes of course we all want to demonstrate that.I do it by going home from work in a twenty year old car with string tied to the roof rack,leaving all the shiny stuff where it is.The neighbours can look smug as they get out of their Mondeos on the spread that won't be paid for until the scrap man comes to call.

That's a bit too much.

I genuinely am middle class. I wear polo shirts instead of t-shirts + I sometimes shop at GAP.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest X-QUORK

That's a bit too much.

I genuinely am middle class. I wear polo shirts instead of t-shirts + I sometimes shop at GAP.

Is this a "middle class - off"?

I listen to Radio 4 quite a lot.

HOLA4410
Guest theboltonfury

Is this a "middle class - off"?

I listen to Radio 4 quite a lot.

So? I say sofa, not couch. I also like Test Cricket. The poor like 20/20.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest theboltonfury

isn't it ironic that one of the characteristics of our retarded "kidult" culture is intolerance of real kids.

no

HOLA4413

Wish I had a fiver for everytime I have said that, but some lefty A-hole always sees fit to recoil in horror at this fascist measure.wink.gif

As to the quiet word after two hours of kicking your chair. You have a longer fuse than I do, hon, I'd have said summat in the first 10 minutes - and have done before now.

I once cautioned a kiddie to stop what he was doing, when he was running up a river bank screaming and throwing stones at the ducks coming to get bread and other titbits. His mother actually had the stupidity to take me on, demanding by what right I told HER kiddie what to do.

" In the absence of parental discipline on your part I felt it my clear duty, or shall I ring the RSPCA and let them deal with it? BTW what IS your name?" quoth I.

She sat muttering to her pal, so I said " Can you repeat that? I did not quite catch it"smile.gif

She looked a right type too. Short-skirted,low-necked apparel stretched over an overweight frame, over-dyed hair and fag in gob. I dunno why I asked her name. It was obviously Waynetta.

My mind STILL boggles at the lengths to which some parents are prepared to let their kids go. I did not blame the kid as he had never been taught better, but I could have shaken her until her teeth rattled.ph34r.gif

God alone knows what he is allowed to get away with elsewhere.sad.gif

and what do you do when you teach the kid better but he's still an a-hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/health/13mind.html

HOLA4414
Guest theboltonfury

Did your uncle lay down a pipe of port for you as a Christening present? Did your maiden aunt buy you a flat outright when you left home?

p-o-p

Pop, this is where you and I differ.

Although, the port part may have happened.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Pop, this is where you and I differ.

Although, the port part may have happened.

There are two middle classes as far as I can ascertain. There are the self-perceived middle class and the middle-class perceived middle class.

There are rather more of the former than the latter. I am neither.

p-o-p

Worth checking with your uncle re the port. 118 gallons of 40 year old is worth a bob or two

HOLA4417
Guest X-QUORK

Did your uncle lay down a pipe of port for you as a Christening present? Did your maiden aunt buy you a flat outright when you left home?

p-o-p

My grandmother gifted her Berkeley Square property to a friend.

HOLA4418

There are two middle classes as far as I can ascertain. There are the self-perceived middle class and the middle-class perceived middle class.

p-o-p

The highlight of my parenting was when the boy's RE teacher whined that he had said that all religion was a form of mental illness.I merely replied "Good boy".

HOLA4419

p-o-p

I had smoked salmon for breakfast this morning.

For breakfast!!!!

On a FRIDAY!

I think I might be aristocracy.....?!?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest X-QUORK

I had smoked salmon for breakfast this morning.

For breakfast!!!!

On a FRIDAY!

I think I might be aristocracy.....?!?

I'm going to have Devilled Kidneys tomorrow then.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

My niece once (apparently) when told she must be a good girl because 'Jesus was watching her' replied to her teacher 'yes but Santa brings the presents' .....

Somewhere on this board is an account of a young boy being told the facts of life. His considered opinion was that it was so disgusting he would never do it, not even with his sister.

p-o-p

HOLA4425
Guest X-QUORK

Is your Dad a divorcee/widower called Charles?

p-o-p

Nope. Granny went off to be a landgirl and the Blitz had made London property worthless, so she handed over the deeds to her friend.

Bless her.

Archived