House Price Crash Forum

No Charges Over G20 Man's Death

muggle

HOLA441
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Mr Starmer said prosecutors did not believe they could prove a "causal link" between the alleged assault on Mr Tomlinson and his death, adding there is "sharp disagreement" between medical experts about what led to Mr Tomlinson's death that was "irreconcilable".

The only one of them which states unequivocally that death was as a result of a heart attack unconnected with the strike or fall was conducted by Dr Mohmed Saeed Sulema Patel who's currently before the GMC Fitness to Practise Panel for "impairment by reason of misconduct and deficient professional performance."

GMC Reference Number: 3390380

The Fitness to Practise Panel will inquire into allegations that, whilst working as a Consultant Forensic Pathologist Dr Mohmed Patel's conduct in carrying our four post mortems was irresponsible and not of the standard expected of a competent Home Office registered forensic pathologist and that in one case his conduct was liable to bring the profession into disrepute.

Joe Public has been mugged off yet again!!

Pass a copper spit in the street!! I will be......

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Presumably as there are no charges this thug is free to return to duty to carry on 'spreading the message'?

As an ex army bloke that policed the streets of NI alongside the now defunct RUC this is a very sad day. The UK police service has just suffered an extreme leg down in confidence from members of the public.

Are they still doing the online petition thing on the No 10 website?

It would seem that a dangerous precedent has been set here, ie that is ok to murder people engaged in Protest. Your mention of Northern Ireland, set me thinking to the murder of William McGreanery in Derry in 1971 by a British Army sniper. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10226501

The RUC at the time wanted to bring charges agaist the soldier, but the Attorney General disagreed.

A year later Bloody Sunday happened.

Something needs to be done about the injustice of this verdict today

HOLA449

It would seem that a dangerous precedent has been set here, ie that is ok to murder people engaged in Protest. Your mention of Northern Ireland, set me thinking to the murder of William McGreanery in Derry in 1971 by a British Army sniper. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10226501

The RUC at the time wanted to bring charges agaist the soldier, but the Attorney General disagreed.

A year later Bloody Sunday happened.

Something needs to be done about the injustice of this verdict today

As soon as we start killing them in revenge, they will remember they are vastly outnumbered.

Until then nothing will happen.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

What's all this b0llox about the DPP saying about the three PM's not delivering a credible result and that there was little chance of a conviction?

Correct me if I am wrong but is it not the job of a jury to decide upon evidence presented? Utter codswallop there is evidence of an assault and the guy dies a few minutes later if there is some doubt then let it be settled in the way it always is with a jury deliberating!!

The results of all the PM's would have to be weighed against each other as would the history and regard of the first Home Office Doctor.

If Moat had been captured reckon they wouldn't have charged him?

This stinks of shite to high heaven!!

Edit to add link

Copper involved had a history of violence to public

+1

Also apparently the police doctor who performed the initial PM is up on 26 charges just now... Will he also get off without consequences. As others have said, this is a legacy of Labour, however it will be interesting to see whether the ConDems put it right. His family look, justifiably, distraught at the judgment.

Does anyone here have relevant legal background to suggest a credible legal reason for the lack of charges?

HOLA4416

Does anyone here have relevant legal background to suggest a credible legal reason for the lack of charges?

Injin rules.... because I say so..... and I have all the guns, you wanna do something about it you and whos army? The British army would be quite happy to raze a town to the ground killing everybody if so ordered...

But so far advanced propaganda means violence only needs to be covert and calculated... i.e. one person gets put into prison for non payment of tax, and it cows the others into paying it.

When TFSHTFF larger numbers will have to be shot to maintain order and collective punishment will have to be applied.

HOLA4417

Happened the other week with the rather aggressive moat.

Realistically, there has to be a moderate and realistic response somewhere on the spectrum between the police officer in this incident and Moat. It's not an either \ or situation - there are shades in between that might better serve the concept of 'justice' for all involved.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Injin rules.... because I say so..... and I have all the guns, you wanna do something about it you and whos army? The British army would be quite happy to raze a town to the ground killing everybody if so ordered...

But so far advanced propaganda means violence only needs to be covert and calculated... i.e. one person gets put into prison for non payment of tax, and it cows the others into paying it.

When TFSHTFF larger numbers will have to be shot to maintain order and collective punishment will have to be applied.

What do you think quorky? Do you think your army buddies will attack Brits when the orders come? I don't think they would. I think it's much more likely the government will bring in troops from another country to do it.

HOLA4420

What point?

Don't be so f-ing silly.

Did 'Moaty' shout this is for Iain Tomlinson? Did he f.u.c.k. <_<

Policing in the UK has traditionally been by consent.

That people are prepared to put this sort of thing into the public domain shows that consent is being withdrawn.

Policing can then be achieved only by imposition and people have far less compulsion about going to the aid of a corrupt paramilitary enforcement unit than a local bobby.

HOLA4421

"Premise Four: Civilization is based on a clearly defined and widely accepted yet often unarticulated hierarchy. Violence done by those higher on the hierarchy to those lower is nearly always invisible, that is, unnoticed. When it is noticed, it is fully rationalized. Violence done by those lower on the hierarchy to those higher is unthinkable, and when it does occur is regarded with shock, horror, and the fetishization of the victims."

- Derrick Jensen, Endgame, Volume 1.

HOLA4422
Guest X-QUORK

What do you think quorky? Do you think your army buddies will attack Brits when the orders come? I don't think they would. I think it's much more likely the government will bring in troops from another country to do it.

No idea what would happen. A lot would depend on the reason for widespread civil unrest, but the instinct of the services would be to side with the most moderate party IMO. There have long been rumours surrounding plans for a military overthrow of Harold Wilson whom they suspected of being a Soviet sympathiser and passing on military secrets to the Warsaw Pact.

In all seriousness though, I think as a nation we manage to iron most things out before they get to anywhere near civil war levels (certainly over the last century).

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I don't see that at all I'm afraid.

A section of 'society' will always have a grudge against the Police, facebook, just makes it easier for all to see that's all.

Getting back on topic though, it is this kind of 'injustice' which may, I concede, give future fuel to anti establishment protests.

Although the public, however outraged, take many incidents to become angry wasn't it Thatcher which said there was no thing as society.

rubbish

HOLA4425

Archived