House Price Crash Forum

It wasn't the price so much - it was the plumfing up of it by giving it name - I mean what sort of *hole do you have to be to either think that it adds to the value or indeed to fall for it. :lol:

It wasn't the price so much - it was the plumfing up of it by giving it  name -  I mean what sort of *hole do you have to be to either think that it adds to the value or indeed to fall for it. :lol:

Does make it sound rather grand doesn't it :D

It's an "end terraced" "studio" property.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Good potential too for a loft extension for the ideal 1 up 1 down luxury studio apartment garage.

Edited by shakerbaby

In this estate all the 4 bed detached houses apart from a few started life with a drive big enough for only one car (I had heard this was mandatory in order to discourage car use so they had to be built like that, not sure if that is true) and so the residents have had their drives enlarged to take the 2 or 3 cars they have.

The consequence of this is that when backing out of the extended drive if someone parks opposite on the kerb you can't get off the drive easily since the space and angles have all been worked out for the single drive. There just isn't much room, the estate was worked out so that it didn't take up any more space than was necessary (typical new build)

The other new build we lived in provided only one parking space for the 2 beds, so the residents then fought (almost literally on one occasion) over the few communal spaces.

So I'm not surprised to see people pay these sums for a garage, I guess it's likely to become far more commonplace as people become more and more reliant on cars and need somewhere to put them until we can actually do something about the public transport network in the Country.

Guest boredwaiting
Sorry Webmaster, couldn't help myself.

What's next - "Dundrivin"?

The Garage, Lorne Road, BATH, BA2 3BZ

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-910...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

That is a joke, and 'under offer' ?!?!? Parking is at a premium in that area (i got my car towed near there a couple of years ago) - but that is obscene..... I remember those garages were going for £7,000 only 5-6 years ago.

EDIT: I hate that particular estate agents, i dealt with them a couple of years ago - they are liars and very dishonest...

Edited by boredwaiting

That is a joke, and 'under offer' ?!?!? Parking is at a premium in that area (i got my car towed near there a couple of years ago) - but that is obscene..... I remember those garages were going for £7,000 only 5-6 years ago.

EDIT: I hate that particular estate agents, i dealt with them a couple of years ago - they are liars and very dishonest...

LOL, nothing has changed then, we put an offer in for flat in the early 90's it had vaults and we asked if they had sole rights with the sale - yes, yes, yes was the answer (we asked a few times to make sure). Got to the legals and found that they weren't, they seemed to be surprised that we pulled out and shelved the deal - incredible.