House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LaceUp

A Call To Action For The Hpc Community

Many of you will be aware of the The Bank of England Act:

http://www.bankofenglandact.co.uk/act/

If you have not signed up please consider doing so.

Also a contributor has made a suggestion on:

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/restoring-civil-liberties/enact-the-bank-of-england-creation-of-currency-bill-2010

Please consider making a comment on this 'your freedom' website. We need to get at least 30 comments for the thread to be taken notice of. See below the OP's message sent via linked in:

Hi Everyone,

A few days ago I added a comment at http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/restoring-civil-liberties/enact-the-bank-of-england-creation-of-currency-bill-2010

This was only the second comment on this suggestion made in the almost 3 weeks since it was originally posted by gswanson (though 6 visitors have voted). Gswanson is a leading monetary reformer. Her proposal may possibly be ruled out because she appears to be asking for new legislation, and NOT the repeal of existing legislation which is what Nick Clegg is asking for. However, I believe this apparent problem may be overcome by taking the view that we are seeking the repeal of the 1844 act, and then – incidentally – saying ‘Hi, by the way, how about this new Act in place of it”.

As indicated in my contribution yesterday on the topic “What else can we do?”, we need at least 100, and preferably 500, comments/votes to ensure that this suggestion is looked at. Those figures are based on my analysis as explained yesterday of the 5000 suggestions already made.

Two comments/votes in three weeks is not going to hack it!

Here’s an idea. Could I ask every member of this LinkedIn Group (there are currently 57 of us from the UK) to consider visiting the site at http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/restoring-civil-liberties/enact-the-bank-of-england-creation-of-currency-bill-2010 and adding their own comment and vote. (You will need to register to do this: you can retain anonymity when you do this if you wish). Comments need only be a one-liner to count, but elaborate if you wish to try and influence later visitors.

I will continue monitoring the site, and will report back on this new Topic each day.

When on the site, if you click ‘All Ideas’ and then click the tab ‘ideas with most comments’ you will see the ideas most popular with visitors. I feel we should aim at getting gswanson’s suggestion into the top 30. Indeed, if we cannot get it there, then I don’t think we are serious!

TODAY’S COUNT:

6 OUT OF 57 LINKEDIN MEMBERS OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND ACT GROUP HAVE PLACED COMMENTS ON THE UK GOVERNMENT’S ‘FREEDOM’ WEBSITE.

FOR MORE ON THIS, go to the Discussion “What else can we do?” and look at posts since about 17th July, beginning with one from Harry White who provided the initial motivation for this proposal.

Regards to all,

Noel

SORRY I SEEM UNABLE TO GET THE WEBSITE ADDRESS ABOVE HIGHLIGHTED AS A BLUE UNDERLINED LINK. TO AVOID TYPING IT OUT, SEE THE DISCUSSION 'WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO', WHERE THE LINK CAN BE CLICKED TO TAKE YOU DIRECTLY TO THE GOVT SITE