House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

Black Swan Event Worse Than Could Ruin Us All

The world's largest banknote printer has been forced to suspend some production at its factory in Hampshire.

De La Rue, which prints notes for the Bank of England and 150 other countries, said paper quality specifications had not been met. - Take that smirk off your faces immediately!

It suspended some production and shipment from the Overton plant due to an "issue" with the paper it produces.

The firm, which also supplies security documents such as passports and fiscal stamps, has started an investigation.

It added production was still continuing and it had only stopped paper which had been affected by the issue, but declined to go into further detail.

"It is apparent that some paper production has failed to meet certain quality specifications," a spokesperson said.

"As a consequence the production and shipment of this specification paper has been suspended whilst the circumstances are fully investigated.

"Subject to the outcome of that process, and clarification of the company's contractual position, it is now expected that paper production and sales in 2010/11 will be materially lower than originally planned."

Shares fell to a three-year low on Tuesday as the company warned that its paper revenues were likely to be "materially lower" than expected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-10712831

Black Swan Event Worse Than Could Ruin Us All

I've not even opened a bottle yet!

How the hell did I ever teach English??!!

MODS - HELP!!! --- Please remove 'Worse'.

Only if we burn down all the forests to prevent inflation.

The cost of peanuts wasn't it?

We You They are the Golgafrinchams

If this is the standard of English teachers no wonder people can't speak and write proper :P

The cost of peanuts wasn't it?

We You They are the Golgafrinchams

The idea that we are all descended from middle management is of course silly. Imagine what find of world they would create..

That still wouldn't fix it.

The world's largest banknote printer has been forced to suspend some production at its factory in Hampshire.

De La Rue, which prints notes for the Bank of England and 150 other countries, said paper quality specifications had not been met. - Take that smirk off your faces immediately!

It suspended some production and shipment from the Overton plant due to an "issue" with the paper it produces.

The firm, which also supplies security documents such as passports and fiscal stamps, has started an investigation.

It added production was still continuing and it had only stopped paper which had been affected by the issue, but declined to go into further detail.

"It is apparent that some paper production has failed to meet certain quality specifications," a spokesperson said.

"As a consequence the production and shipment of this specification paper has been suspended whilst the circumstances are fully investigated.

"Subject to the outcome of that process, and clarification of the company's contractual position, it is now expected that paper production and sales in 2010/11 will be materially lower than originally planned."

Shares fell to a three-year low on Tuesday as the company warned that its paper revenues were likely to be "materially lower" than expected.

The delicious irony is:

a company that prints money can struggle to make a profit.

:lol:

I think you need to turn a 'than' into a 'that' as well (if you are going where I think you are going).

Or add some quotes:

Black Swan Event worse than "could ruin us all"

That could then be a kind of Beaufort scale in which 1 is "nothing to see here" and 10 is that mushroom cloud picture that cgnao used to love.

I would put "could ruin us all" at a 4

I think you need to turn a 'than' into a 'that' as well (if you are going where I think you are going).

Wotever :(

Two hours is a longtime but I think it started as "Calamity worse than ........... " , then I thought of those dark swans; what followed I care not to recall.

Should I have gone for 'Ultimate Black Thursday' ?

Plus 'Hyperinflationary CPS* Meltdown. & in place of Protect Yourselves. - Beware of Hampshire' ?

Hell, I miss Cgnao :(

*Crap Printing Services

If ratings agencies have to take responsibility for what they say, why shouldn't you?

p-o-p

Even if they printed it on toilet tissue it still wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on.

thu106_50_million_pound_toilet_paper_300main.jpg

(The notes above appear to have Brown smeared all over them even before use)

Edited by Dave Spart

Could they use the notes from monopoly sets instead? Or Maybe leaves? :P

I don't see why not. The money we use is worth about the same apart from the metal strip. I expect the BoE will want all bank notes back soon so they can melt the metal strip out and sell it for wages in the public sector.