House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

1/10Th Of The Worlds Population Has An Account On Facebook

first it was myspace , then facebook , then twitter

in a few months the new big thing will come round

Would it be fair to say it all started with Friends Reunited? I joined that, but got fed up with their constant emails promoting the site. They were on to a good thing but somehow let it slip away.....

There will be a lot of people with multiple accounts though - promoters tend to set up an account in the name of their club night for a start. They probably count fan pages as an account too.

Yes there will be a lot of multiple accounts. Also a lot of dodgy, fake profiles too. Also I know an actor that has a "private" and "public" profile.

I bet most groups of girly types have a fake facebook account or two set up to try and spy on their other halves.

Women should crochet more doileys! :blink:

Would it be fair to say it all started with Friends Reunited? I joined that, but got fed up with their constant emails promoting the site. They were on to a good thing but somehow let it slip away.....

I would say so. Their greed got the better of them. I heard they are down the tubes now, but no doubt a few boomers got rich from it.

Years ago, alumni.net was the first service. FR just copied the idea and put a fee on it. Thankfully, Facebook made this service what it should be, free, and FU died a quick death. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D:D screw you boomers!! :D:D

btw I seriously want to make some good money on FB. From what I hear, the money is all in fan pages. Thing about Facebook is, no reliance on Google to rank your website. Plus in Facebook you can get a lot of visitors VERY quickly.

Judging by some of the 'status' updates I have seen it brings some of the nutters out of the woodwork.

Also pregnacy updates (detailed) and an ultrasound scan picture for a profile pic. :blink:

Nein, nein, nein.

Guest Skinty

Never bothered with facebook but I have in the past created two accounts. One for a fictional 90 year old woman and another for the HPC group which never really took off.

So many people are going to regret putting their personal information on facebook. Just you wait until some historian decides to archive it all.

Some people i know have 5 accounts though, or give their pets accounts, or their house, or some other such retarded thing you can only hope they were seriously anebriated when they created it.