House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

First Substantial Drop I Have Seen On Rm

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30182705.html

Only came on the market in June but a nearly 60K drop in 6 weeks or so. IMPO vastly over-valued asking prices in this area by 2 or 3 EAs.

20 July 2010

* Price changed: from '£495,000' to '£437,500' [Found by n/a]

* Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available' [Found by n/a]

11 July 2010

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC' [Found by n/a]

03 June 2010

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

Ooh! It's not just a house. It's an "architect designed" house.

As opposed to all those houses designed by cobblers, bus drivers and florists...

10% is not too bad. I normally see lots of two or three percent drops only the odd big one. Or lots of little ones added up to 10% or more sometimes.

I'm not familiar with the local market in Swansea so my opinion is probably not particularly useful but that looks a tad on the dear side to me. It's a pretty ugly house built in someone's back garden for 440k with no garden of it's own to speak of (assumed...as there is no picture). This makes the home counties look reasonable.

Ooh! It's not just a house. It's an "architect designed" house.

As opposed to all those houses designed by cobblers, bus drivers and florists...

If you look on the satellite map it is slightly north west of where they have stuck the pin on the map and it looks, IMPO, like something has been built in the back garden of a much bigger house. In fact, if you look around that general area there appears to have been a lot of that going on.

If you look on the satellite map it is slightly north west of where they have stuck the pin on the map and it looks, IMPO, like something has been built in the back garden of a much bigger house. In fact, if you look around that general area there appears to have been a lot of that going on.

So it is a garden grab and developer/owner knows the game is up and wants out? they are becoming a motivated seller. Looks way way too pricey to me, will be interested to know if it sells. just think of all the silly planning permissions sought up and down the land when anything resembling a house could sell in a day. It is gonna be one helluva bust IMO.

I'm not familiar with the local market in Swansea so my opinion is probably not particularly useful but that looks a tad on the dear side to me. It's a pretty ugly house built in someone's back garden for 440k with no garden of it's own to speak of (assumed...as there is no picture). This makes the home counties look reasonable.

Welcome to my World.

"The drive is owned by a neighbouring property but unlimited access is given and any maintenance is the responsibility of the owners of Valhalla."

:lol: . And for that reason - I'm out.

"The drive is owned by a neighbouring property but unlimited access is given and any maintenance is the responsibility of the owners of Valhalla."

:lol: . And for that reason - I'm out.

I found it on the map - it is a lonnnnnnng drive as well.

laugh.gif . And for that reason - I'm out.

You ungrateful swine. They are landowners and you, as an unlanded serf, should be honoured to buy their little plot and maintain their drive for them. Talk about getting above your station.

I looked at a plot in Cornwall a while ago. Garden plot with the main sewer for the estate running under the house. Small plot with a magic tree in the garden (with a TPO on it) and you had to provide a f u c k i n g method statement to the council describing all the precautions you were going to take to make sure that not one twig of the magic tree was damaged, that no roots would be cut, that druids would be allowed to dance around it naked twice a year etc. etc.

Still, some moron will have bought it and perhaps discovered there isn't enough fall on the sewer for it to be routed around the house and that the 200k plot needs a 50k bit of minor civils diverting a live sewer - which may or may not be possible - and that the NHBC and council want the foundations piled to avoid damaging the roots of the magic tree.

Truly, no-one wants you to build in this country.

I liked this bit:

Valhalla is accessed via a private drive off Overland Road. (The drive is owned by a neighbouring property but unlimited access is given and any maintenance is the responsibility of the owners of Valhalla.)

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Valhalla - a palace in which heroes killed in battle were believed to feast with Odin for eternity

:lol: These people really need to get over themselves.

Valhalla - a palace in which heroes killed in battle were believed to feast with Odin for eternity

:lol: These people really need to get over themselves.

I like the small houses and bungalows which regularly feature massive lions or pineapples topping their gateposts.

I'd put a toll booth up and charge them £10! each way.

Without legal right of way House is worth £0

BS

Wonder if that's it why it went from SSTC to Available - any vaguely competant solicitor should point that out in big red letters (eric style...)

How does that actually work then in practice?

It is all very well the people who built the house in their back garden agreeing permission for access... but what if they change their mind in 6 months? What is they sell up and the new owners do not give you access?

Is this just a handshake between the owner and you or can this somehow be written in legal stone so that access is never an issue now or in a 100 years?

There was a big estate built of quite expensive houses about 15 years ago in Swansea West but then it transpired that the only access road in/out was owned by someone who simply refused all the new owners access. So they were stuffed

In the end access was granted but I never heard how it was given - money, threat of legal action? I don't know.