House Price Crash Forum
Soul Reaver

The Sweetest Email

Hey Mark,

Again your predictions are correct.

The property prices are taking a knock, seem soon that you predicted!

So where is a good place to buy in UK?

Speak soon soon.

He still has not totally got it though hence the question. But sweet moment for me after all the years I have had being slated. Bring on the crash part two, I am so happy and vindicated I am going to have a cigar.

Hey Mark,

Again your predictions are correct.

The property prices are taking a knock, seem soon that you predicted!

So where is a good place to buy in UK?

Speak soon soon.

He still has not totally got it though hence the question. But sweet moment for me after all the years I have had being slated. Bring on the crash part two, I am so happy and vindicated I am going to have a cigar.

Thats funny, my friends are not speaking to me because my predictions look to be correct of a second leg of a housing crash after the general election was over.

Thats funny, my friends are not speaking to me because my predictions look to be correct of a second leg of a housing crash after the general election was over.

I get a mix of 'don't be stupid' looks and anger if I mention house prices even no longer rising let alone crashing.

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine a couple of days ago. He wasn't quite a bull but one of the 'nah they'll always go up' brainwashed lot. He said to me

"I've got to give it to you mate, you were right"

To which I replied "of course I was right! House prices a falling"

He then when on to ask why I'm not working in finance or economics as I always seem to know what I'm talking about.

It was a nice moment. :)

Edited by Pent Up

Reading the self congratulatory replies on this thread one would think that property had crashed by %50. Remind me.....how much are they off their all time peak? LOL!

I get a mix of 'don't be stupid' looks and anger if I mention house prices even no longer rising let alone crashing.

I have 1 friend and my mum who don't give me these responses.

It always tickles me (it’s that or cry) at the number of people I know who have responded with 'it’s different this time'. It’s such a cliché term on here but people actually do say it!

There will be tears before bedtime. They won't be mine.

Reading the self congratulatory replies on this thread one would think that property had crashed by %50. Remind me.....how much are they off their all time peak? LOL!

Sourpuss

I've been bearish on house prices since about 2000.most people who know me thoguth I was a loon all along.

With the greatest respect, if you peaked that early I can kind of see why they might have thought that.

same here.

My girlfriend's sister just took on a huge mortgage with her boyfriend to buy a new build in a chav village outside Newcastle and was keen for us to see it and feel smug about it.

She is aware of my strong views on the subject and has now stopped speaking to me.

She was one of those "If I don't do it now I'll never be able to afford it". Talk about Fallacy....

edited for spelling

Edited by stuckmojo

that's why this forum has been so important over the years,letting you know you're not alone and you're definitely not insane

I am now going to start telling everyone, 'I am not alone and definitely not insane'.

No-one types 'LOL!' complete with capitalisation and exclamation marks (only one?) unless they are doing post ironic web meme troll impression... or they r an idiot.

Yep l played the man, go whine to the ref.

When they have crashed 50%, will you be man enough to still be here? To be lightly biffed about the face a la Bladerunner when he first runs into Brion James? Or will you more likely vanish into the ether, to maybe reappear on arseleaflet typing LOLLOLLOL!!! on some vacuous update?

I predicted, some say guessed the 2007 crash and STR at Peak in August that year. I then found HPC which gave me comfort and reassurance that I did the right thing. I needed it !!

I also bought at the lowest point of confidence in the markets, banks etc (Dec 2008) and managed to get 32% off asking.

The world went mad again and prices started to rise. I took a break from Hpc but a couple of months back I started posting again.

I have always said that we have yet to experience the prolonged shit storm and that only when we are all feeling some pain could we claim the real houseprice crash. We are in second gear now and are just turning into the home straight. It`s a long, long road but this really is the big one....

I only express my opinions to strangers on the net or to people I really care about.

I try and avoid dinner party and pub conversations on this subject but because of my recent actions some people see me as some sort of fecking expert. I am not..

They really want to know but really don`t want to believe what I say and I come across as a Doom merchant... :D

This is what pisses me the most. The evidence has always been there and it`s not rocket science. I have been very lucky with my timing but had no doubts of what will/had to happen. I am ready for what I believe is coming.

White knuckle time ;)

Guest theboltonfury

that's why this forum has been so important over the years,letting you know you're not alone and you're definitely not insane

Sanity is not a requirement for entry to this forum.

No-one types 'LOL!' complete with capitalisation and exclamation marks (only one?) unless they are doing post ironic web meme troll impression... or they r an idiot.

Yep l played the man, go whine to the ref.

When they have crashed 50%, will you be man enough to still be here? To be lightly biffed about the face a la Bladerunner when he first runs into Brion James? Or will you more likely vanish into the ether, to maybe reappear on arseleaflet typing LOLLOLLOL!!! on some vacuous update?

LOL again!

And no I won't have disappeared from this site if prices crash 50%. I am after all a bear myself. :rolleyes:

Sanity is not a requirement for entry to this forum.

Mr Fury, I will not tell anyone if you don`t that we are posting on the main forum. B)

I am now going to start telling everyone, 'I am not alone and definitely not insane'.

I think that if you did that, you would soon be alone and considered insane :)

You do realise that this website is just a Turing machine with a bear feedback loop algorithm to root out the nutters.

VMR.

I think that if you did that, you would soon be alone and considered insane :)

You do realise that this website is just a Turing machine with a bear feedback loop algorithm to root out the nutters.........

..... into the OT forum. Which :ph34r: I beleive only accepts posts from other Turing machines :ph34r:

Guest theboltonfury

Mr Fury, I will not tell anyone if you don`t that we are posting on the main forum. B)

Deal. I did it once, but I think I got away with it.

Conversation I had the other day

Him ................ Mick the property market is really starting to pick up now ( he has just bought a house )

Me ................. Oh yes right ......

Him ................... Yes it has it really is picking up , everywhere I go i am seeing loads and loads of for sale signs , so the market is really picking up

Me.................. Yes right .

Edited by miko

I predicted, some say guessed the 2007 crash and STR at Peak in August that year. I then found HPC which gave me comfort and reassurance that I did the right thing. I needed it !!

I also bought at the lowest point of confidence in the markets, banks etc (Dec 2008) and managed to get 32% off asking.

The world went mad again and prices started to rise. I took a break from Hpc but a couple of months back I started posting again.

I have always said that we have yet to experience the prolonged shit storm and that only when we are all feeling some pain could we claim the real houseprice crash. We are in second gear now and are just turning into the home straight. It`s a long, long road but this really is the big one....

I only express my opinions to strangers on the net or to people I really care about.

I try and avoid dinner party and pub conversations on this subject but because of my recent actions some people see me as some sort of fecking expert. I am not..

They really want to know but really don`t want to believe what I say and I come across as a Doom merchant... :D

This is what pisses me the most. The evidence has always been there and it`s not rocket science. I have been very lucky with my timing but had no doubts of what will/had to happen. I am ready for what I believe is coming.

White knuckle time ;)

I was sleeping when it came to house prices at the peak. Was converting cash to other things because I was following various things going on with the economy but somehow completely missed the obvious implications for houses. We str'd march '08 and found a place with 1/3 acre garden that we liked. It was on for £300k and long story short would have taken £250k in jan '09 but we pulled out. I think we may have missed a great chance then, not least because the mortgage offer that I had was a lifetime tracker of +0.75% which is a distant dream now. There are more important things though so I console myself with the fact that we are renting in a nicer village and my daughter is going to a much better school.

I said last year, to a few colleagues, that I expected prices to fall further this year. Ofcourse, I was the 'idiot' at that point but since then a few talk of coming falls like they always expected it, lol. People still don't seem to fully understand though, one guy has his house on the market and it looking to upsize. He is only getting silly offers though so is waiting until he is offered what the house is worth, had some fun discussions with him about the meaning of market value, lmao.

Other colleagues range from one about to be reposessed but wont sell because they wouldnt be able to get another mortgage to a guy that wants to buy a bigger house to live in but wants to borrow against the one he already lives in and the one he already lets out and is annoyed because no one will lend him the money against this sound business set up, lmao.

Guest theboltonfury

If you start doing that then that's all the proof you'll ever need that you are certifiably insane.

I actually overheard a HP related conversation in the gym today.

'She's put her house on for 485k'

'She'll not get that in this market. 425 if she's lucky'

Trouble is though, that when houses fall the economy tends to implode too. Which I could do without.