House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woot

Vibram Five Fingers

Love these shoes - want some now! Has anyone actually tried them? Please give a review...

vibram_fivefingers_classic_khaki.jpg

vibram_KSO_black300.jpg

Site says "Go barefoot-without leaving yourself exposed. FiveFingers is the first and only footwear to offer the exhilarating freedom of going barefoot - with the protection and surefooted grip of a Vibram sole. These fun feet are ideal for a wide range activities you'd probably rather do barefoot, but still needing a little protection for your tootsies. Vibram Five Fingers"

Yep, two pairs. Love them to bits. Get strange looks wearing them in town but rarely wear anything else.

Lot of discussion about them here Mark's Daily Apple

Be careful of the Chinese fakes. Lots of them.

Top ones are the Classics - the bottom ones are the KSO.

I got some about 2 years ago, put them on once, moved house and have never seen them again. I think they might be in storage.

They were good, but I'm a fussy bugger and didn't like the feeling of things between my toes. I was hoping that with continual use I would get used to them but I haven't had the chance.

Wierd looking things. I hate things between my toes too, and am unwilling to pay the extortionate price to find out I can't bear to wear them!

Clicked on this post expecting to see some kind of biscuity chocolatey delight but these things take ninja shoes* to the next level!

ninja_shoes_j19.jpg

*can also be used instead of 'cameltoe' or 'reindeers hoof'.

Clicked on this post expecting to see some kind of biscuity chocolatey delight but these things take ninja shoes* to the next level!

ninja_shoes_j19.jpg

Why are they so expensive? That the chinese fakes are sensible price implies there is some exploitation going on at one end or the other. Aren't the Genuine ones made in China anyway?

ninja_shoes_j19.jpg

Vibe and ram contracted, then embellished with five fingers and you think of chocolate biscuits?

p-o-p

Got some. However getting exact size is tricky. And I could only get them online in the UK. Plan to get some more in US later this year.

Definitely help build up lower leg and foot muscles. You can feel your feet even aftre 30 minutes walking on them. Can only help in reducing injuries if you are a runner or whatever.

I have KSO's. Feel good although little toe sometimes sneaks out. Very annoying. The size I need is a birds size and they dont do in the UK for some reason. No idea why. Either do they. Seeing as they are all imported it seems very strange.

Anyway good plan if you want to walk 'barefoot' without the risk of slashing your feet on glass.

The toe thing is on purpose. Our toes are not supposed to be squished together. These are supposed to gradually spread them out like they are supposed to. If you lived on a desert Island for a year with no shoes ? Your feet would look and feel very different than they do today.

Recommended. But would try on first if possible. You do get used to the in between toe thing. Just takes time.

And yes they are ******ing expensive for what you get !!

May get 2 pairs in US as they look to be about 60% of the price over there. Even with weak pound.

Vibe and ram contracted, then embellished with five fingers and you think of chocolate biscuits?

p-o-p

Well I clicked on thinking it was going to be some hand-shaped marital aid.

In which case the words 'vibe' and 'ram' would seem remarkably apt.

ditto...

Love these shoes - want some now! Has anyone actually tried them? Please give a review...

vibram_fivefingers_classic_khaki.jpg

vibram_KSO_black300.jpg

Site says "Go barefoot-without leaving yourself exposed. FiveFingers is the first and only footwear to offer the exhilarating freedom of going barefoot - with the protection and surefooted grip of a Vibram sole. These fun feet are ideal for a wide range activities you'd probably rather do barefoot, but still needing a little protection for your tootsies. Vibram Five Fingers"

I don't know which looks worst - these or crocs <<shudders>>

They'd be great for walking over sharp rocks and seawood when you're wading along the seashore (trying to be positive)

Why are they so expensive? That the chinese fakes are sensible price implies there is some exploitation going on at one end or the other. Aren't the Genuine ones made in China anyway?

As usual people outside the USA get screwed with extortionate prices.

Thought of these as tend to walk around the house barefoot, after reading Marks Daily Apple. Problem is I tend to stub my toe's a lot. Ouch!

I don't think people really get the point of these things. They are not made for you looking good. If you want that go and get a pair of snazzy white trainers from JD Sports. They are to 'allow' you to more or less walk barefoot in areas where walkng barefoot could be dangerous. It is that simple.

Walking barefoot has lots of benefits apparently. I have read a lot about it and definitely won over by the logic.

I would love to know the occurance of shin splints, achilles tendonitis and foot pain in those who walkl about barefoot all their lives. I imagine it is massively lower than us lot in spongy shoes.

We are supposed to walk barefoot. That is the point of the 5 fingers. If you don't agree with that logic then there is no point in you getting a pair. They are not a fashion accessory. However I am 99% sure that within the next few years some Hollywood CELEB will don a pair on a talk show - and they will suddenly appear all over the UK.

I don't think people really get the point of these things. They are not made for you looking good. If you want that go and get a pair of snazzy white trainers from JD Sports. They are to 'allow' you to more or less walk barefoot in areas where walkng barefoot could be dangerous. It is that simple.

Walking barefoot has lots of benefits apparently. I have read a lot about it and definitely won over by the logic.

I would love to know the occurance of shin splints, achilles tendonitis and foot pain in those who walkl about barefoot all their lives. I imagine it is massively lower than us lot in spongy shoes.

We are supposed to walk barefoot. That is the point of the 5 fingers. If you don't agree with that logic then there is no point in you getting a pair. They are not a fashion accessory. However I am 99% sure that within the next few years some Hollywood CELEB will don a pair on a talk show - and they will suddenly appear all over the UK.

http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0103/mw.htm

Chronic ailments such as shin splints, ilio-tibial band syndrome and peri-patellar pain are attributed variously to excessive pronation, supination, and shock loading of the limbs (Siff and Verkhoshansky, 1999, p.451). When running barefoot on hard surfaces, the runner compensates for the lack of cushioning underfoot by plantar-flexing the foot at contact, thus giving a softer landing (Frederick, 1986). Barefoot runners also land mid-foot, increasing the work of the foot's soft tissue support structures, thereby increasing their strength and possibly reducing the risk of injury (Yessis 2000, p.124).

It would be very interesting to see a football boot version of these..

p-o-p

Congratulations, you've just won the speedboat!

what about flip flops....50p a my local co-op....prefer the "SE" versions myself.

Guest X-QUORK

They're a bit oh so alternative kind of Apple i-vibe type thing aren't they?

I'm feeling an emotion similar to hatred for them and I've only known about their existence for under three minutes.

It would be very interesting to see a football boot version of these..

They have just done a specific 'running' one called the Bikila. Football boots could be a cunning idea. Although not sure about playing in them if everyone else is not. WHole point is your feet move around as they would barefoot. So don't think studs would really work. Would get pressure points ? As an indoor astroturf maybe ?

fivefingers_speed_black_white+copy.jpg

what about flip flops....50p a my local co-op....prefer the "SE" versions myself.

Aye flip flops are the cheap option !! Well the cheapest is going totally barefoot. Flip flops don't let your toes move around as you go over things as they are supposed to. Also the base of flip flops are flat so wouldn't let your feet move like they should.

Anyway. Expensive but I like their logic.

They're a bit oh so alternative kind of Apple i-vibe type thing aren't they?

I'm feeling an emotion similar to hatred for them and I've only known about their existence for under three minutes.

:rolleyes:

They are for people who want to increase the strength of their feet as they do lots of exercise. They are for people who want to walk barefoot and let their toes spread as they are supposed to - but don't want their feet split open by the pish left on our pavements. They have been around for years. Although I now imagine the makers see a way of making lots of money out of them. No great surprise there.

I think many are seeing these and not bothering to read up about them. Thinking they are some sudden fashion fad to make people look 'different' so everyone will look at them and go 'ooh'.

How about reading about them and seeing what they are for before saying you hate them..;)

If you still hate them then up to yourself. Seems very strange to me though.

Same here. I thought this was going the same way as the Aneros thread.

My first thought was for my own little gem, The Sqweel.