House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hip to be bear

Bbc2 Now...money Watch On Mortgages Etc

Clockmaker has income of £20k and managed to amass BTL empire of 100 properties owing about £5m. Saved from collapse by low interest rates. Incredible.

Even more incredible that the programme is giving him some kind of sympathy.

Clockmaker has income of £20k and managed to amass BTL empire of 100 properties owing about £5m. Saved from collapse by low interest rates. Incredible.

Hey BTL is his 'business'! Poor bloke is just trying to earn an honest crust ;)

Edited by Simples

I think they said that he was on SVRs due to lack of equity, so he couldn't remortgage!!!!!!

What will a rate rise do to this prat?????

I think they said that he was on SVRs due to lack of equity, so he couldn't remortgage!!!!!!

What will a rate rise do to this prat?????

I liked the sandcastle analogy they used to show how he financed it all. Shame they didn't extend it to show rising interest rates as a tide washing his empire away.

The watchmaker who earns 20K a year with a £5 Million property portfolio!!. Loving his low interest rates, while we FTBer's are getting screwed, and have no interest on savings.

Will there ever be any justice in this world??

camp gormless tit, think that just about sums it up.

I think he's OK. You have to realise he's the over-exuberant puppy who tries to lay it on the line for the majority that seem to be financially illiterate.

One of his programs a few years ago about stoozing credit cards caught my eye, but it just seemed too much of a tightrope to walk. I followed his website's stuff about car insurance about 4 years ago to know which 'scraper' websites to search to get the best deal.

Edited by deflation

Trainee solicitor in debt to the tune of £60k and he is on £17k per annum. :blink::blink::blink:

Although to be fair some £40k of it was student loan and professional training. If he makes it far in the law that should be able to be paid off.

I think he's OK. You have to realise he's the over-exuberant puppy who tries to lay it on the line for the majority that seem to be financially illiterate.

One of his programs a few years ago about stoozing credit cards caught my eye, but it just seemed too much of a tightrope to walk. I followed his website's stuff about car insurance about 4 years ago to know which 'scraper' websites to search to get the best deal.

well fair enough, I'm just amazed adults need to be told that sort of simple shyte.

The fact that credit card companies and store card issuers can get away with charging 18%, 29% APR etc should show you how financially illiterate so many are. If no-one used their cards, rates would plummet.

Edited: I learnt the lesson a hard way myself in 1988 but I have an excuse, 15% base rates. Didn't have a credit card for nearly 20 years.

Edited by deflation

well fair enough, I'm just amazed adults need to be told that sort of simple shyte.

Alas, they do.

The whole credit card industry wouldn't be in place otherwise.

Its "reality TV" personal finances on the basis that exceptions prove rules, intended to make the general public watch and tut tut tut. I like the idea of swapping though but swapping is subject to tax whenever it displaces income.

The watchmaker who earns 20K a year with a £5 Million property portfolio!!. Loving his low interest rates, while we FTBer's are getting screwed, and have no interest on savings.

Will there ever be any justice in this world??

Sums up rather well what Brown's miracle was.