House Price Crash Forum

Ea Unlisted And Re-Listed All It's Properties On Rightmove

HOLA441

HOLA442

It could be to evade Property-Bee but I had a similar thing happen down my way a few weeks ago. I rang the agent to ask about it and he said that they had made some fundamental changes to their own website that required everything to be relisted on Rightmove. I know very little of the internet so he could have been fibbing though :unsure:

HOLA443

It looks like the neighbours are dead quiet though.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

It's because Sharon (part time mornings only) got in a bit of a tizz because there weren't any chcolate digestives (It's not too much is it to expect a quality biscuit with your brew?) and pressed the wrong button resulting in them all being deleted. Which meant Tracy the YTS girl has to type them all in again.

HOLA447

I see it all the time. Never the whole lot in from agent though. Not only does it beat the bee it brings the property back into newly listed results so gets more people seeing it.

They're always relisting and people are often changing agents then calling it 'New!' Anyone looking for property for more than a month will notice it.

Fact is it means the housing market is in trouble and the HPC is in its early stages. Nothing will kick start it now. They will come down 25-40% whatever trick is tried.

The graph looks just like the 1989-1991 slide, with a dead cat bounce in the middle before the real slump.

No one should even be tempted to buy a house at present. It is a waste of money and you would regret it.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

309K for a house in Hull!!!!!

That used to buy you a whole street and still leave you change for a desirable residence in surrey.

tim

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I think people overestimate the importance of "Property Bee" to most agents.

I suspect most prospective buyers have not even heard of it.

Even for those that use it, why would knowing that the house had or had not dropped in price have much influence on people liking an individual house?

Most people know that people are likely to have dropped their sale price if the place has been on the market for a while.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Property bee shows that this advert is clearly fraudulent. I'll report it tomorrow once you've all had a chance to look. :rolleyes:

If you check out the agent they claim substantial reductions on all their properties compared to the previous agent, but not all of them were previously advertised at the higher price as far as I can tell.

HOLA4415

I see it all the time. Never the whole lot in from agent though. Not only does it beat the bee it brings the property back into newly listed results so gets more people seeing it.

I spoke to a guy at Bairstow Eves. Absolutely normal practice to delist and then relist with Rightmove over night as they have found a large number of potential buyers have a filter that says look for houses added in the last 24 - 48 hours. Stops them having to trawl through all the dead wood. Nothing to do with property bee.

Another ploy they use is over night delisting then relisting at a higher price only to reduce back to the original price just to get 'reduced'.

The EA's spend alot of time and money on Rightmove. They're now working how to best utilise it to their own needs.

Can't blame them of course.

HOLA4416