House Price Crash Forum

Hi,

Perhaps this could linger here for a while before disappearing off into the oblivion of the savings forum.

I began to open a Tesco Internet Saver account online last week but cancelled the application halfway through for two reasons:

1. The application stated that they would use my personal details to send to third parties and there was no option to disable this.

2. You had to open a current account with them and I have enough of those already.

Anyhow, a 'Welcome Pack' to Tesco's internet saver has just popped through my letter-box. A bit miffed about this as it makes me wonder about the reliability of their internet system. Also makes me think that my personal details are just going to be used by Tesco to send to third parties now.

Not happy, not filled with confidence. Going to make a cuppa.

Anyone have one of these accounts? What are your thoughts on it?

they seem fine, easy to deal with. They told me they had extended the 1% bonus to the second year aswell when I last rang them

Edited by AteMoose

Thanks both.

Hi TMT,

I'm have just literally finished the second stage of the OnLine Registration process with them. Everything has gone smoothly - A Faster Payments transfer I made yesterday is showing as received in the account yesterday so I'm happy with that. Just waiting for the card reader.

This account is offering 2.75% ( Inc Bonus to 31 March 2011 ) and was the highest paying instant access account I could find when I searched a week ago. This is to replace our A&L Online Saver 5 account where the interest rate is plunging from 3.15% to 0.4% as a result of the loss of the introductory bonus on 2 August 2010.

M21er

Hi,

Perhaps this could linger here for a while before disappearing off into the oblivion of the savings forum.

I began to open a Tesco Internet Saver account online last week but cancelled the application halfway through for two reasons:

1. The application stated that they would use my personal details to send to third parties and there was no option to disable this.

2. You had to open a current account with them and I have enough of those already.

Anyhow, a 'Welcome Pack' to Tesco's internet saver has just popped through my letter-box. A bit miffed about this as it makes me wonder about the reliability of their internet system. Also makes me think that my personal details are just going to be used by Tesco to send to third parties now.

Not happy, not filled with confidence. Going to make a cuppa.

Anyone have one of these accounts? What are your thoughts on it?

Just opened one; no mention of having to open a current account and I certainly haven't got one.

Damnit :P Although the page actually says the new rate, "Applies to new accounts applied for from 12th August 2010 to date." Means I'm screwed though as I only just opened an account.

Still, as the account has Faster Payments gubbins it's better than Egg at 2.8%... Which I've just learned has dropped to 2.5% now for new accounts (opened from 21 July 2010).