House Price Crash Forum
Guest theboltonfury

5 Reasons Why You Shoudn't Be Worried About Hp Falls

Guest theboltonfury

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/19072010/389/five-reasons-panic-house-prices.html

No mention that an HPC correction is actually a good thing. It is also saying that the Halifax index represents the poor north and the Nationwide, the rich South, hence the discrepancy.

Who writes this shit and gets paid for it? I man with a few flats in Didsbury I would imagine.

5 Reason, why you should

You could loose a fortune.

You could be stuck in a s**t shoe box for 20 years

You could be made bankrupt when interest rates go up.

You wont be mobile to take up job opportunities elsewhere

You will bore all your non home owning friends for years about how much debt you are in and what an idiot you were for buying.

Guest theboltonfury

5 Reason, why you should

You will bore all your non home owning friends for years about how much debt you are in and what an idiot you were for buying.

Other than that, it's all good.

Boltonfury posting on the main board about house prices? :blink:

That's it.

The market has now officially turned, it's like a second coming, the dawn of HPC we've been waiting for, 100% guaranteed :lol:

depends on the circumstances of the individual though!!

You could loose a fortune

- True

- True - if you bought a shoe box!

- True - if you over extended

- True, depending on your ability to travel

- True - depending on when you bought and for how much

5 Reason, why you should

Guest theboltonfury

That's it.

The market has now officially turned, it's like a second coming, the dawn of HPC we've been waiting for, 100% guaranteed :lol:

I feel dirty. Please keep this between you and I. I don't want the off-topicers to get wind of this.

However, I'm in the mood for some house price carnage. I feel the time is upon us.

Edited by theboltonfury

No mention that an HPC correction is actually a good thing. It is also saying that the Halifax index represents the poor north and the Nationwide, the rich South, hence the discrepancy.

Who writes this shit and gets paid for it? I man with a few flats in Didsbury I would imagine.

No, its a woman.

Christina Jordan

House prices set to surge after the World Cup

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/make-good-property-decisions/house-prices/house-prices-set-to-surge-after-the-world-cup-5050.aspx

To be fair, there is a precedent for a post-World Cup property boom...

Not sure what other voodoo she can convince us of effecting the housing market. Solar winds, moon phases, pelican migratory patterns. Obviously the woman has her finger on the pulse if shes considering such things that other, more qualified narrow minded commentators would overlook.

5 Reason, why you should

As another poster said: it all depends upon your circumstances. Most people won't be affected in the ways you describe, this is just wishful thinking nonsense.

5 Reason, why you should

You could loose a fortune. Possibly

You could be stuck in a s**t shoe box for 20 years renting off a btl landlord because you are waiting for an apocolyptic crash, or just get on with you life and buy a house

You could be made bankrupt when interest rates go up. But, you have more chance of being hit by lightning

You wont be mobile to take up job opportunities elsewhere. Unless you are prepared to sell at the market price, because you may have plenty of equity. 1/3rd of you are mortgage free and alot of you will probably still have plenty of equity, and all you need to do is negotiate your reduction into the price of the house you wish to buy.

You will bore all your non home owning friends for years about how much debt you are in and what an idiot you were for buying. Of course you could have bought at the right price in the right area on a sensible salary multiple and with a decent deposit, in which case you will still bore us but with added iritation.

Godley, indeed true.

I am one who bought at the end of last year. Detached house with garage and reasonable sized front and back garden in a sought after area.

> 15% deposit.

Price about 24% off the previous (same style/size) house sold in the area

Mortgage is just a bit less than 3.5 times my salary (without OT)

Mortgage is < 2 times joint income with my missus

Over payments starting in August after wedding.

IF prices dropped 30% in 2 years I'd be level pegging and would've paid no equivialant rent over those 2 years with security of tenure.

Edited by OzzMosiz

Guest Noodle

That's it.

It's disturbing.

Only 5?