House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Sick Of The Pc Beeb?

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

I noted on the other BBC thread that several of you were complaining about the PC-ness of the Beeb, and I'd go along with that, AFA the dark-skinned races are concerned.

What they don't seem to be too hot on, are the other forms of prejudice - or am I a 'silly billy' expecting PC to cover the prejudices? Is it merely a means of undermining the WASPs of this country?

Take Moira Stewart: A lovely looking, well-dressed, classy, female who read the news and very well she read it. She was jettisoned because of her age - I suspect - as she had qualified for her bus pass.

They emulate the general trend of this throw-away society in getting rid of something which was not only functioning well but looked good too...but it wasn't new/young.dry.gif

There is a disturbing trend to replace newsreaders with bimbo-like damsels: blonde hair and teeth bared, they face us across a desk. What is wrong with having:

A guy

A bald guy

An older guy

An older woman?

Auntie Beeb is obviously run by sad little lefties, who fiercely defend with paranoid fervour, any suggestion that anyone with a dusky skin is not 100% wonderful. To me that is the most patronising thing of all, as all races, cultures and creeds have a mixed bag of 'sweeties'. some very nice - others not nice at all.

To try and pretend otherwise - IMPO - smacks of summat called reaction formation. ( Google for explanation)cool.gif

To be honest, AF, I am sick of the beeb, but even sicker of commercial channels with their inane, cutesy-animal commercials. They must be aimed at adults, particularly women, with a mental age of around 4 [if measurable at all].:blink:

I noted on the other BBC thread that several of you were complaining about the PC-ness of the Beeb, and I'd go along with that, AFA the dark-skinned races are concerned.

What they don't seem to be too hot on, are the other forms of prejudice - or am I a 'silly billy' expecting PC to cover the prejudices? Is it merely a means of undermining the WASPs of this country?

Take Moira Stewart: A lovely looking, well-dressed, classy, female who read the news and very well she read it. She was jettisoned because of her age - I suspect - as she had qualified for her bus pass.

They emulate the general trend of this throw-away society in getting rid of something which was not only functioning well but looked good too...but it wasn't new/young.dry.gif

There is a disturbing trend to replace newsreaders with bimbo-like damsels: blonde hair and teeth bared, they face us across a desk. What is wrong with having:

A guy

A bald guy

An older guy

An older woman?

Auntie Beeb is obviously run by sad little lefties, who fiercely defend with paranoid fervour, any suggestion that anyone with a dusky skin is not 100% wonderful. To me that is the most patronising thing of all, as all races, cultures and creeds have a mixed bag of 'sweeties'. some very nice - others not nice at all.

To try and pretend otherwise - IMPO - smacks of summat called reaction formation. ( Google for explanation)cool.gif

Ageism is rife everywhere. Male over 50? Good luck getting an office job for respectable pay. There are laws that protect against it but how do you prove it? Impossible.

They showed the film 'Eastern Promises' the other night. There's a line in there about a woman losing her baby because the dad was black and races aren't meant to mix.

I bet my mrs. they'd cut it, but they didn't.

We like Moira Stewart and would like her to read the Scottish news again! :huh: