House Price Crash Forum

Should Anorthosite Be Banned?

Guest Ian Chesterton

HOLA441
Guest Ian Chesterton

Anorthosite (a rock composed of more than 95% plagioclase) is used as a rock for the foundations of motorways, but it is of immense scientific interest and we should use other, more abundant rock types*

What do you think?

*Other interpretations of this thread & poll question are available

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Skinty

Anorthosite's a beautiful rock and they tear up beautiful places to get it. To hear they grind it up for roads is an outrage!

HOLA445
Guest Ian Chesterton

What's got into you since The Hoff took off?

Talk us through the scientific interest of anorthosite... what are its mysteries, qualities and applications?

The white bits of the moon are made of it. The crust of the earth when it formed would have been made of it.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest Ian Chesterton

Its close, but as all votes are for yes, it looks an open and shut case.

Mods! You need to ban Anorthosite from these boards! You need to ban anything that promotes its use as aggregate.*

*Other interpretations of banning Anorthosite are available. Just as well really, as this thread has bugger all to do with the rock.

HOLA4410

Its close, but as all votes are for yes, it looks an open and shut case.

Mods! You need to ban Anorthosite from these boards! You need to ban anything that promotes its use as aggregate.*

*Other interpretations of banning Anorthosite are available. Just as well really, as this thread has bugger all to do with the rock.

Well its down to the mods of course but in my view the vote is void given this topic contravenes forum rules on picking on individual HPC members.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The white bits of the moon are made of it. The crust of the earth when it formed would have been made of it.

I've finally made the connection - Labradorite etc... I vote 'Yes'. Should we also ban mining titanium?

HOLA4415
Guest Ian Chesterton

I've finally made the connection - Labradorite etc... I vote 'Yes'. Should we also ban mining titanium?

Oh no, its not nearly half the problem Anorthosite is.

HOLA4416
Guest theboltonfury

Anorthosite's a beautiful rock and they tear up beautiful places to get it. To hear they grind it up for roads is an outrage!

Well, I'm all for it. I also think they should encourage more South East Asian cockle pickers to try the Morecambe area.

****** McCaws too whilst we're here. Ugly birds.

HOLA4417
Guest Ian Chesterton

Well, I'm all for it. I also think they should encourage more South East Asian cockle pickers to try the Morecambe area.

****** McCaws too whilst we're here. Ugly birds.

But ban Anorthosite, yes?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest Ian Chesterton

Well its down to the mods of course but in my view the vote is void given this topic contravenes forum rules on picking on individual HPC members.

I suspect I might get away with that rule on a technicality

HOLA4420

A North Shite made posts critisising me about a year ago. I'd throw his sole into the pit of Hades for the Demons to tear up if I had my way. I in no way like him. Just get rid off and good riddance.

HOLA4421

Oh no, its not nearly half the problem Anorthosite is.

But don't you destroy anorthosite to gain titanium? - I thought most titanium was found in anorthosite. Happy to be completely wrong though...

HOLA4422

A North Shite made posts critisising me about a year ago. I'd throw his sole into the pit of Hades for the Demons to tear up if I had my way. I in no way like him. Just get rid off and good riddance.

Why take it out on the fish?

Archived