House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RichM

Bbc1 Program On Kids' Parties

It's magic. Wapping levels of tat. Best line so far, from lavish toy shop owner - "the middle class have cut back, but the rich will keep on spending and the poor will never stop".

Its absolutely fuc KING mental. She's got mental health problems and the kid will grow up to be STARMAN inside his own head...

Thought the welsh kid was getting a stripper - then realised it was his mum!

:lol:

A stripper; I thought a hooker!

They should have used Mr Jelly.

I have got testimonials, ranging from people who live, all in the posh area of town, to proper slum, gippos, and they have me and they love me and they are hard to please, im ******in tellin yer.

Did you also see the recent "One Show" item on High School Proms, which are taking off in the UK? Kids hiring limo's etc..and parents thinking nothing at blowing hundreds on outfits, hairdo's and Hummers.

Did you also see the recent "One Show" item on High School Proms, which are taking off in the UK? Kids hiring limo's etc..and parents thinking nothing at blowing hundreds on outfits, hairdo's and Hummers.

I have a friend in London who tells me this has been happening in his area for proms and Holy Communions - parents organise big parties etc after they leave the Church !

Only when this fad/market collapses will I believe that we have hit a full blown recession ;)

The rather brassy woman throwing the wild west party, who is quite sweet in a way, when they were interviewing her there was the photo of her son on the wall from a previous 'Sweet 16' show, but his faced was blurred out. Why?

My daughter got invited to something similar, she absolutely hated it, and I didn't recognise her when I went to pick her up :blink:

Go in as innocent kiddiewink, come out looking like a hooker.

In my day, we were happy with a couple of bowls of Wotsits and a game of pass the parcel - wrapped in newspaper - or musical statues.

Saying that, a particular birthday treat was going to see Eddie Kidd one year. One of the 'Stunt drivers' demonstrating driving a car on two wheels was not all that good at it - great entertainment. All capped by Eddie jumping over a bus, as it rained down on us.

About 8 kids packed into a Green Cortina Estate driven by my Mum, which broke down on the way home. Said kids then had to jump out and bump start it.

Did I feel hard done by? Did I 'eck. Much practicing on my BMX the next day.

What will those kids in the program remember from these parties, apart from an insatiable sense of entitlement which will haunt them through their days?

The rather brassy woman throwing the wild west party, who is quite sweet in a way, when they were interviewing her there was the photo of her son on the wall from a previous 'Sweet 16' show, but his faced was blurred out. Why?

Repeat sex offender? :o

My daughter had her High School Prom a couple of weeks ago and yes it cost us a few hundred quid, but not as much as some.

One girl had to upstage everyone and arrived by helicopter. She had to set off too wales at 3am the morning of the prom so she could get the flight back and it cost her parents £3,000. They made a couple of minor errors, 1st the helicopter couldnt actually land at the golf club and she had to actually arrive via golf cart. 2nd, the helicopter arrived 15 mins before everyone else and no one got to see her :D.... my wife found this bit most amusing as she over heard one of the girls friends ask her how she got there for her to reply "God! did you see me I came by Helicopter" most miffed that no one actually saw her arrive.

My daughter had her High School Prom a couple of weeks ago and yes it cost us a few hundred quid, but not as much as some.

One girl had to upstage everyone and arrived by helicopter. She had to set off too wales at 3am the morning of the prom so she could get the flight back and it cost her parents £3,000. They made a couple of minor errors, 1st the helicopter couldnt actually land at the golf club and she had to actually arrive via golf cart. 2nd, the helicopter arrived 15 mins before everyone else and no one got to see her :D.... my wife found this bit most amusing as she over heard one of the girls friends ask her how she got there for her to reply "God! did you see me I came by Helicopter" most miffed that no one actually saw her arrive.

Does seem a massive exercise in one upmanship, some arriving in limo's, some in fire engines and others on settee's mounted on tractor shovels. If it was creative but cheap with perhaps a maximum budget limit set, then it might actually be quite fun.

That's fantastic.

Repeat sex offender? :o

Probably less exciting - more likely just embarrassed to be associated with this tosh.

Like that 'unknown' blurred out member of the Osbournes.

The lad who organized the kids party's was talented and had had done well for himself, what did he say turnover £3.5 million

http://www.thepartymancompany.co.uk/history.html

I wanted to hate the lad but what a character and fantastic bit of business acumen by him. Loved the way he mocked some of the parents for their crazy spending, like he could not quite believe how mental they were. He was down to earth and deserves every success, which he obviously has with a turnover of 3.5million.

"God! did you see me I came by Helicopter" most miffed that no one actually saw her arrive.

She is scared for life now & will probably be a nasty piece of work all this lifetime.

According to her academic prowess she will settle somewhere between a benefit blob with five kids just as the system switches to deserving-poor-only charity handouts, or a Labour party advisor with a doctorate in fascism