House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Recovering Payment Protection Fees From Credit Cards

Has anyone gone through the process of getting back their payment protection fees from credit card companies?

I was paying these for well over a decade until I learnt that they will not cover self-employed people. Has anyone done it? Was it a hassle? Was it worth the hassle?

I understand the window for doing this will shortly close.

Has anyone gone through the process of getting back their payment protection fees from credit card companies?

I was paying these for well over a decade until I learnt that they will not cover self-employed people. Has anyone done it? Was it a hassle? Was it worth the hassle?

I understand the window for doing this will shortly close.

Just write them a letter saying

1) you weren't told that it was an optional insurance and

2) it is not a valid policy for your circumstances and it was therefore a case of misselling.

and asking that the premium is rebated. i think martin "twit"-lewis has some template letters on MSE.

we wrote twice and were ignored twice. Keep on meaning to take it to another level. Discovered that missus had been sold PPI and it wouldn't have even covered her!

I got £100 refunded on PPI I had never asked for on a CC. Just a matter of writing and phoning, with the threat of going to the ombudsman. Mind you, that was outright theft, not misselling.