House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GafferTape

Semi-furnished House.

We're looking to move into a small house, which is semi-furnished, but is lacking the beds.

Now, the agent has said that they will put in the beds themselves. The obvious problem here is that we're potentially left at the mercy of the agents to provide us with decent beds (not sure what the situation was on headboards as well). I'm presuming that they'll be putting in the cheapest one they can find, and with one of the double rooms being quite small, I'd rather they didn't put in a bulky divan type bed in it.

So basically the question is, is there a way we could negotiate for the agents to provide us with something we'd find acceptable?

We're looking to move into a small house, which is semi-furnished, but is lacking the beds.

Now, the agent has said that they will put in the beds themselves. The obvious problem here is that we're potentially left at the mercy of the agents to provide us with decent beds (not sure what the situation was on headboards as well). I'm presuming that they'll be putting in the cheapest one they can find, and with one of the double rooms being quite small, I'd rather they didn't put in a bulky divan type bed in it.

So basically the question is, is there a way we could negotiate for the agents to provide us with something we'd find acceptable?

If the house is semi-furnished and the agent is willing to put in beds at their own expense to get you to rent it, I'd say there was plenty of room for negotiation. Just give them a ring - let's face it, they're not exactly getting a huge income from sales at the moment so the monthly drip feed of management commission from a rented home is probably going a long way to keeping the car fleet repo man from their door. Play them at their own game and mutter about having seen something else with all the equipment but in a slightly worse area - and you're having such a hard job choosing between them because of this awkward issue about the beds. We suffered a dreadful bed in one of our rental places - reckon it was about £50 from the local cheap shop and we kept having to ask for it to be replaced as the plywood base fell apart regularly. Not to be advised as a bad back isn't good news.