House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

£500,000 Off

theres no 'ouch' factor because nobody is losing any money.

i could price a loaf of bread at £201.14p, then take a whopping £200 off !!!

wow £200. yes. £200 off all bread. ouch !!

Right on huntingdon road by the looks of it.

Wonder how long it takes to get out of the driveway during rush hour?

As it's only "30 MINUTES WALK TO THE CENTRE OF CAMBRIDGE CITY" who needs to drive?

Must be nice and quiet too, as the back garden is nearly on the M11.

Right on huntingdon road by the looks of it.

Wonder how long it takes to get out of the driveway during rush hour?

More Noise/dust/fumes etc Loads of houses in Girton affected/knocked down/less garden?

"The Highways Agency has estimated that the Ellington-Fen Ditton widening would cost between £690 million and £1.2 billion, making it the most expensive scheme in their roads programme.

In October 2009 the cost estimate had risen to £1.3b with work starting in 2012 and being completed in winter 2015/2016"

CLICKY

That's some serious price drop.

Built in 1929, I wonder if the builder managed to sell it for a profit at the time?

History doesn't repeat, but it rhymes.

Had one round our way.

Asking price £475,000, sold for £325,000. It was a repo of course.

Maybe I need to change back to bear, feeling like we are on the next leg now.

massively out of my price range but... i don't know, i look at that place and feel that it being out of my price range is well within the natural order of things... you know, it is a big, nice place.

i'm far more comfortable with £1.5m for that than the all-too common £300k asking prices that I see for poxy 4 or even 3-bed Barratt house on the outskirts of rpronvincial Norrhtn towns...

Edited by the flying pig

massively out of my price range but... i don't know, i look at that place and feel that it being out of my price range is well within the natural order of things... you know, it is a big, nice place.

i'm far more comfortable with £1.5m for that than the all-too common £300k asking prices that I see for poxy 4 or even 3-bed Barratt house on the outskirts of rpronvincial Norrhtn towns...

its got 1.5 acres, so you could knock it down and build 15-20 'detached-executive' Barratt boxes on that plot. Just. Still £100k per 1/10acre which is, in a sane world, about what a house on such a plot should cost all in, not just the land, given they were able to build such things for £70-80k at late as 1997, and wages have only risen 50% since then. So id give you £750k for it.

Edited by Sadman

A big chunk of this one too CLICK

£575,000 to £499,000 (£76,000 / 13% in one fell swoop)

It a good start, but was way overpriced to start with.

Recently a pretty, extended detached, victorian cottage in an acre with views across Cheltenham Racecourse was offered for £450k. There are numpties asking £600k for similar places who appear unable to see that nicer places than theirs are on the web and in the Echo for a lot less dough.

Someone has just offered a top floor 2 bed purpose built flat in the most sought after flat location in town for £135k. Sorry no link a friend is looking at it. Would have been £200k at the peak.

Both will sell easily which is how it should be, and could be, if people understood the difference between peak and current prices and some of them had thought about repaying the capital when they took out 'cheap' loans.

theres no 'ouch' factor because nobody is losing any money.

i could price a loaf of bread at £201.14p, then take a whopping £200 off !!!

wow £200. yes. £200 off all bread. ouch !!

What a deal! I'll have 100 loaves of bread please. ;)

It a good start, but was way overpriced to start with.

Recently a pretty, extended detached, victorian cottage in an acre with views across Cheltenham Racecourse was offered for £450k. There are numpties asking £600k for similar places who appear unable to see that nicer places than theirs are on the web and in the Echo for a lot less dough.

Someone has just offered a top floor 2 bed purpose built flat in the most sought after flat location in town for £135k. Sorry no link a friend is looking at it. Would have been £200k at the peak.

Both will sell easily which is how it should be, and could be, if people understood the difference between peak and current prices and some of them had thought about repaying the capital when they took out 'cheap' loans.

Wasn't that one posted on here somewhere? Pitville, moder place?