House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Biult-In Ovens: Multi-Function; Combination M/wave

I am toying with the idea of buying a steam oven when I renew my kitchen. Has anyone used a steam oven before and if so, what did you think of it?

I am toying with the idea of buying a steam oven when I renew my kitchen. Has anyone used a steam oven before and if so, what did you think of it?

Haven't used a steam oven but I've had a combination microwave for 20 years and wouldn't be without it.

Does everything: small oven + grill + microwave.

You can use oven and microwave together to do e.g. quick jacket pots without the soggy skin you get with just microwave.

Also saves the kitchen space you'd need for double oven + separate microwave.

They're not cheap, though.

Haven't used a steam oven but I've had a combination microwave for 20 years and wouldn't be without it.

You can use oven and microwave together to do e.g. quick jacket pots without the soggy skin you get with just microwave.

Yes I had a Combi M/wave and multi-function in my last house - nearly killed me to leave it!sad.gif I agree that they are top notch at doing everything.

I have struggled along in a rental for 3 years with a clapped-out, old freestanding model which is EATING electricity . Now I have bought this place I want to update the kitchen.

I was wondering how combi and/or multi-function compared to steam and whether it was worth getting a steam function or whether it was just a gimmick. I'd love to know if anyone has used one.

I guess with this being a male-dominated forum there won't be too many who have tried steam...but then I may be wrong!tongue.gif

+1

Wouldn't be without mine either, well worth paying the extra for in my view.

Have a steamer, but never tried a steam oven.

Yes I had a Combi M/wave and multi-function in my last house - nearly killed me to leave it!sad.gif I agree that they are top notch at doing everything.

I have struggled along in a rental for 3 years with a clapped-out, old freestanding model which is EATING electricity . Now I have bought this place I want to update the kitchen.

I was wondering how combi and/or multi-function compared to steam and whether it was worth getting a steam function or whether it was just a gimmick. I'd love to know if anyone has used one.

I guess with this being a male-dominated forum there won't be too many who have tried steam...but then I may be wrong!tongue.gif

A friend's Mum swears by her new steam oven. It was a few £s too far on an already horrendous kitchen budget for me to have one.

I've just had one of these.

Rangemaster

I have to say, the ability to switch the oven on to base heat only is great for preventing soggy bottoms ;)

As for having a new kitchen in general. DON'T DO IT!!!!! I'd rather move house than do that again.

A friend's Mum swears by her new steam oven. It was a few £s too far on an already horrendous kitchen budget for me to have one.

I've just had one of these.

Rangemaster

I have to say, the ability to switch the oven on to base heat only is great for preventing soggy bottoms ;)

As for having a new kitchen in general. DON'T DO IT!!!!! I'd rather move house than do that again.

Ours is over 20 yrs old and starting to look v tatty. However I've had 2 quotes and both said I'd have to change the layout since they can't provide exactly the same size units. But the one thing that's still perfect about current kitchen is the layout and type of units - I like it the way it is.

Now thinking of just changing doors/worktops/sink etc. instead. Far less upheaval and a lot cheaper.

Anyone else had this done and if so which company?

(Sorry for borrowing your thread AbFab)

Ours is over 20 yrs old and starting to look v tatty. However I've had 2 quotes and both said I'd have to change the layout since they can't provide exactly the same size units. But the one thing that's still perfect about current kitchen is the layout and type of units - I like it the way it is.

Now thinking of just changing doors/worktops/sink etc. instead. Far less upheaval and a lot cheaper.

Anyone else had this done and if so which company?

(Sorry for borrowing your thread AbFab)

No worries! Sadly I am forced to make over the kitchen anlong with several other rooms. the property was NOT very well maintained but it was the best I could afford.sad.gif

It nearly kiiled me to leave a state of the art kitchen - and house! - up in the north, only to find here in the South West, no one seems to maintain their homes, unless they are in the 400k+ bracket.ohmy.gif

"Well-presented" in EA parlance means " had a bit of paintwork done".

Gutters, bathrooms, kitchens etc. forget it. they are straight out of the Ark!"ph34r.gif

got a combi microwave, tend to just use it in microwave mode tho. In pure oven mode it is pretty weak, you need a main oven aswell

No worries! Sadly I am forced to make over the kitchen anlong with several other rooms. the property was NOT very well maintained but it was the best I could afford.sad.gif

It nearly kiiled me to leave a state of the art kitchen - and house! - up in the north, only to find here in the South West, no one seems to maintain their homes, unless they are in the 400k+ bracket.ohmy.gif

"Well-presented" in EA parlance means " had a bit of paintwork done".

Gutters, bathrooms, kitchens etc. forget it. they are straight out of the Ark!"ph34r.gif

Oh don't get me started... Nice car on the drive, holiday brochures on the coffee table, and other than a lick of paint the best part of sweet FA done to the house in 20 years. Those that have done some work, have done a DIY bodge with the B&Q value range.

Wouldn't mind, but they seem to think it's worth the same as the one the developer did up down the road. :rolleyes:

There is no spoon! :ph34r: