House Price Crash Forum

£900K To Make One Nhs Chief Redundant

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7896346/NHS-bosses-in-line-for-redundancy-packages-worth-up-to-900000.html

A truly shocking story reflecting the ongoing cost of Labour waste.  I did hear they were planning at capping redundancy payouts at 1 years salary or perhaps £100k. Surely that would make sense and such action should be taken now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://www.telegraph...-to-900000.html

A truly shocking story reflecting the ongoing cost of Labour waste. I did hear they were planning at capping redundancy payouts at 1 years salary or perhaps £100k. Surely that would make sense and such action should be taken now.

ha this is halarious, here I was thinking the path to ill gotten gains was to be a banker or somthing......

HOLA443

and what's worse. ..these people will doubtless be straight back to work as consultants or directors of companies supplying to the new GP consortia.

I wonder if a person receiving hundreds of thousands in an unjustified redundancy payment from the NHS feels any guilt about how that money could be put to use, paying cleaners to clean the filthy hospitals for instance. £9,000,000 must be about 600 cleaner years.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

They keep getting these payouts and rehired coz they are part of the "CoMMon Purpose" 5th column - put in place to destroy NHS, run riot in local councils with regulations designed to make your lives a misery etc

Basically they are in place to undermine the country!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

One month for every year worked? How does that happen when, for the rest of us, it's one week for every year worked?

They put themselves into the legal position of being able to take your money off you and DO WHATEVER THE F U C K THEY LIKE WITH IT and we are powerless to do anything about it.

Anyone who votes is buying into this nonsense.

HOLA4412

They put themselves into the legal position of being able to take your money off you and DO WHATEVER THE F U C K THEY LIKE WITH IT and we are powerless to do anything about it.

Anyone who votes is buying into this nonsense.

of course, having to negotiate with your staff and increasing your benefits cos you need to maintain differentials, helps.

HOLA4413

ha this is halarious, here I was thinking the path to ill gotten gains was to be a banker or somthing......

That's one of the hidden costs of the likes of JPM seen to be setting the law in the UK: the reign of hubris and corruption permeates to all levels of society. And the cost is absolutely astronomical.

HOLA4414

They keep getting these payouts and rehired coz they are part of the "CoMMon Purpose" 5th column - put in place to destroy NHS, run riot in local councils with regulations designed to make your lives a misery etc

Basically they are in place to undermine the country!

Just out of interest - and at the risk of opening myself to all kinds of conspiracy theory bizzarity - why do you put MM in Common Purpose?

Declaration of interest: I once went on a Common Purpose course. Well, we had spare training budget and nowhere to spend it. It was full of people enjoying a day off once a month to visit places like police stations, schools etc to find a bit out about how society works. No obvious sinister networking going on, unless they all stayed behind after I'd gone, removed their human masks to reveal the ugly lizardy truth underneath. And they didn't send me off at the end of the course with instructions to undermine the country, although I do try to make a contribution through my general indolence and incompetence.

HOLA4415
Guest sillybear2

This kind of pi$$ taking is endemic throughout the public sector, they have absolutely no regard for other peoples' money, that's why we're £925bn in debt :-

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23721580-equality-chief-attacked-for-rehiring-colleagues-on-even-higher-salaries.do

http://news.scotsman.com/politics/Civil-servant-gets-138000-payoff.3966349.jp

No wonder people have scant faith in the state, even in the areas where it's needed most, like banking regulation.

HOLA4416
Guest sillybear2

I thought the unions would go on strike if these are cut?

You know, supporting working class folk on the breadline and all of that.

If i was a lower paid union member id be disgusted at the unions slavish worship of the top end of the civil service

:lol::lol::lol:

Ahh.

HOLA4417

Just think of it as capital transfer

Think how many people will beneift from his money in the community,

the local Audi garage

the golf course

the sailing club

the estate agent purchasing and managing his rental properties

beauty salons for his missus

his financial adviser

you are looking at this the wrong way, don't be bitter, be thankful we have 'important' people like him in the community, those who've risked nothing to make their guaranteed income

HOLA4418

This kind of pi$$ taking is endemic throughout the upper management tiers of the public sector, they have absolutely no regard for other peoples' money, that's why we're £925bn in debt :-

The problem with stories like this is the assumption some people (not saying you) have that this is common for normal workers in the public sector. It is the "management" class who get this, no-one else.

When I worked for a council they reorganised - the directors who left got paid off to the tune of £1m between 2 of them with 1 month pay for each year worked and early retirement. One of them was doing consultancy within a month for the same firm who he'd commissioned, at great expense, to advise our council on minimising redundancy costs.....

The 30 admin staff got £90k between them, our admin lady had been there 15 years and would have got 15 months salary (about £25k) but they changed the redundancy terms for the rank and file and instead she got 15 weeks pay, which came to about £6k.

It is us (workers regardless of employer) against a management class (private or public) - they are just very skilled at turning us against eachother rather than asking for our fair share.

HOLA4419
Guest sillybear2

Just think of it as capital transfer

Think how many people will beneift from his money in the community,

the local Audi garage

the golf course

the sailing club

the estate agent purchasing and managing his rental properties

beauty salons for his missus

his financial adviser

you are looking at this the wrong way, don't be bitter, be thankful we have 'important' people like him in the community, those who've risked nothing to make their guaranteed income

In the interest of balance can you also list all the people the money was originally nabbed from, along with all the various taxes, fines and levies involved and the number of the unborn who will still be paying the interest on the public debt in a 100 years time.

The problem with stories like this is the assumption some people (not saying you) have that this is common for normal workers in the public sector. It is the "management" class who get this, no-one else.

Payoffs then rehiring are common in the public sector, maybe not as eye watering as £900k but still collectively enough to ensure effective reorganisation and redeployment of man power into the needed areas becomes a costly and counter productive exercise. If people leave one public sector organisation and walk straight into another there should be no pay off's, period.

It's not just management, the unions themselves have turned on the poorest, even the best of intentions end up turning into hypocritical c**ts.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4420

In the interest of balance can you also list all the people the money was originally nabbed from, along with all the various taxes, fines and levies involved and the number of the unborn who will still be paying the interest on the public debt in a 100 years time.

oh that's easy, every taxpayer and saver in the nation has had their pockets lifted

Atleast we can thank Labour for messing things up so badly that some of these cretins have to go

HOLA4421

This kind of pi$$ taking is endemic throughout the public sector, they have absolutely no regard for other peoples' money, that's why we're £925bn in debt :-

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23721580-equality-chief-attacked-for-rehiring-colleagues-on-even-higher-salaries.do

http://news.scotsman.com/politics/Civil-servant-gets-138000-payoff.3966349.jp

No wonder people have scant faith in the state, even in the areas where it's needed most, like banking regulation.

No mate, the reason we are in debt is because of the system and how it is manipulated by bankers, not because of the NHS. The majority of people in the NHS are on low incomes, what you are seeing is a single example of excess, excesses appear in every walk of life, the nhs is no exception, it's part of the human condition. People talk about public sector works and most of the time they are talking out of there ar$es. The bulk of people in the nhs work long hours for low pay. The average pay in the public sector is only higher than the national average because of the skewing by SOME large income earners and the fact that real wages in the private sector have got progressively lower and lower (more on this later) . For the vast number of nhs employees, pay AND pensions are by no means excessive. The daily bile and the like can always pull out examples of excesses, because they will always exist - and - people then state that the particular case is reflective of the general case. It isn't, it's just the script you have been sold, that you have digested and that you now believe to be true, when in fact you have simply being played. The real scandal is that wages in the private sector have been allowed to erode so that a small section of society can become ever-more prosperous. Think of cadbury's as an example, a company that is doing well, makes a profit and employs many people, all of whom pay taxes are consumers and keep the capitalist system going. What happens to a company like this ? They are bought, thousands are made redundant, which is a loss for the whole of society. And who benefits ? maybe half a dozen people on the boards of Kraft and cadburys, plus a few bankers and lawyers, get big bonuses for this "clever" deal. Who are the net losers ? Even the share price give a small gain as it spikes briefly and settles down so that there is no overall gain to anybody except to those select and already wealthy individuals. For Kraft and Cadbury, ditto for companies up an down the uk. This is the real scandal. More people throw out of work so a wealth few can benefit and those left with jobs to work longer hours and for less pay as wages fall behind inflation. I have seen jobs advertised that are paying less than they were 10-15 years ago and these are professional IT roles. Can I ask, who does this benefit ? the political elite talk about global competition, but who does that benefit ? moving Uk jobs over to low wage countries, helps a select few and contributes little to society. I am not advocating a stop on progress, just that the direction we are moving into has one logical conclusion, that we end up with a very small workforce on slave wages and a ghettoised underclass that have no hope, no future and to boot a small clique of wealthy individuals that are obscenely well off.

But hey, all that's a bit too much to take on, so just keep taking the blue pills, read the right wing press (who owns them again, I forget ?) and keep blaming the usual straw men, the public sector, immigrants, dole scroungers, or whatever particular group they use to divide and conquer us....

HOLA4422
Guest sillybear2

No mate, the reason we are in debt is because of the system and how it is manipulated by bankers, not because of the NHS.

Different sides of the same coin, NuLabour only hired 1m new public workers because they thought the bankers would deliver them unending taxes on their phantom "profits", now all that has turned into crushing losses we don't have money to pay for either. We had a bubble within a bubble.

If the majority of workers are on low pay then they should simply cap these payouts at a reasonable level and leave provisions for the low paid, just as they're proposing, but the unions don't support that, for whatever reason.

Anyone who's read my posts knows my views on The City skimming and selling this country out from underneath itself.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4423

snipThe daily bile and the like can always pull out examples of excesses, because they will always exist snip

no, they were fraud from the outset. they dont have to exist...unless some people are being paid off for "services rendered to the party".

I dont see many soldiers benefitting from similar schemes.

HOLA4424

Different sides of the same coin, NuLabour only hired 1m new public workers because they thought the bankers would deliver them unending taxes on their phantom "profits", now all that has turned into crushing losses we don't have money to pay for either. We had a bubble within a bubble.

If the majority of workers are on low pay then they should simply cap these payouts at a reasonable level and leave provisions for the low paid, just as they're proposing, but the unions don't support that, for whatever reason.

Anyone who's read my posts knows my views on The City skimming and selling this country out from underneath itself.

I think labour poured money into the nhs because it needed it. After chronic under-investment for years by the tories, it was on it's knees. People can criticise Labour for a lot of things, but they improved the nhs. The million+ employees, improved standards, recovery rates and cut waiting lists. If we don't think that that is important, then fair enough we can have a debate on that. I guess it comes down to what you think we should be spending money on in this country and how that spending defines us. Let's not forget that the nhs delivers our children, puts us back together when we are injured, seriously or even slightly, looks after our old people and provides affordable drugs as well as ensuring that if you do become seriously ill, you are looked after. For me, it's a pretty good deal. I repeat , what should we be spending money on ?To be throwing brickbats at this institution and the enormity of what it does on the basis that maybe 0.05% of the workforce is excessively paid is lunacy.

Me personally ? I would rather we withdrew from two illegal and imperialistic wars, chased the mega wealthy for unpaid taxes and for the siphoning of profits to off-shore havens, scrapped polaris, let banks fail, before I would think about sacking doctors and nurses who look after me and mine. Most people on these boards - who have the laughable habit of calling other people "sheeple" - want to start cuts in those areas championed by the right wing press. Think or a moment about the idiocy of this just for a second, they have got you screaming for a partial dismantling of a system that is the only safety net for you and your family. But as Lincoln said, you really can fool some of the people all of the time.

HOLA4425

no, they were fraud from the outset. they dont have to exist...unless some people are being paid off for "services rendered to the party".

I dont see many soldiers benefitting from similar schemes.

idiotic and sanctimonious, every system is abused, it's part of the human condition. if you really think that every single person in the military is a saint and that nobody - including the top brass - is milking the system , then I have bridge in London i would like to sell you