HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

If things are going to be so bad then why do companies keep reporting that they are reinstating the dividend and others are reporting an increase in it?

Vodafone , Glaxo and William Hill all report this week. It will be interesting to see what their policy is. I predict all 3 to increase their dividend.

HOLA449

If things are going to be so bad then why do companies keep reporting that they are reinstating the dividend and others are reporting an increase in it?

Vodafone , Glaxo and William Hill all report this week. It will be interesting to see what their policy is. I predict all 3 to increase their dividend.

all companies are doing fantastic business right up to the day the receivers move in.

not saying these and all other companies are in trouble, but the hype is not the fact.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

its your fault the world hasnt ended then!

Patience dear boy.

One has yet to embark on one's final orgy of carpetbagging crazed spending; let alone play with the toys acquired.

I promise I'll let you know when I'm finished. :rolleyes:

HOLA4413

Patience dear boy.

One has yet to embark on one's final orgy of carpetbagging crazed spending; let alone play with the toys acquired.

I promise I'll let you know when I'm finished. :rolleyes:

wot, the orgy or the spending?

HOLA4414

To boost the shareprice, make the shareholders happy and then get a big bonus for said hard work.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

October is roughly 3 month's (and change) away, and the VIX futures are roughly $8 Nov even higher than that.

Pretty clearly Mr. Market expects a volatility pause this summer, followed by a return to Excitement this Fall. That's normally a safe assumption as summer is the lowest vol. time of year.

What stands out now though are two things. One is the magnitude of the expected volatility pop. 3-4 points I could easily see. But 8 points? That's some serious Fear.

The HUNT FOR BLACK OCTOBER may start earlier this year, if Arch Crawford is right

the markets ALWAYS stop for the holidays. then they normally get better,

but for the last 3 years, theyve got worse.

HOLA4417

all companies are doing fantastic business right up to the day the receivers move in.

not saying these and all other companies are in trouble, but the hype is not the fact.

Yers--that Holiday Company Goldflab or whatever it was, went belly up in the height of their earnings season so anything is possible.

There may be a concerted effort by the government and companies to put on a false and brave face to try to restore confidence.

Loos talk costs lives and all that.

HOLA4418

Yers--that Holiday Company Goldflab or whatever it was, went belly up in the height of their earnings season so anything is possible.

There may be a concerted effort by the government and companies to put on a false and brave face to try to restore confidence.

Loos talk costs lives and all that.

my talk costs lives?

HOLA4419

Vix?

What is it? :unsure:

The Vix is the a volatility index. It moves up if the volatility in the stock market is high and vice versa. It has gone up to 80 and more, but currently you can buy it for about $25. It went down to about 15 a few months ago and there was advice to buy it. I do have some of this and might well buy some more this week. If there is an almighty crash you could clean up! If you believe in a forthcoming crash, you may also want to consider shorting the S&P and buying SH.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421