House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bootsox

Blackburn: 3 Bedroom Penthouse

Came across this:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-26808001.html

£795 pcm 3 bedroom penthouse to rent Bolton Road, Blackburn, BB2

My first reaction was WTF? A penthouse flat in a broken down former mill town where living off benefits is endemic.

The flat has a large urban gypsy camp nearby and the whole development looks like the set of one of those movies where the "good people" have barricaded themselves off from the "bad people".

But, stopping to think, has the world moved on, is there really a market for this kind of development at this price?

Also attached is my updated summary of properties for sale/rent in the BB postcode areas, note that there has been a sharp increase in each.

properties for sale.rent.pdf

properties for sale.rent.pdf

Another "penthouse" with the kitchen in your living room. In ten years time all these open-plan flats will be seen as what they are: cheap rubbish sold as "aspirational living".

TBH, looking at how much the prices of them have been battered already, I don't think you'll have to wait as long as 10 years. :)

The management/service charges are significant on these types of pwoperdee's. I looked at a penthouse in Huddersfield, and checked with the consiege. Its worked out on square footage on that penthouse was £2000 per year. However agree, its still a cloud cuckoo land rent, but the landlord will have outgoings.

The management/service charges are significant on these types of pwoperdee's. I looked at a penthouse in Huddersfield, and checked with the consiege. Its worked out on square footage on that penthouse was £2000 per year. However agree, its still a cloud cuckoo land rent, but the landlord will have outgoings.

Found this in the Blackburn development:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30354872.html

I don't think this is the same apartment but it sounds similar, service charge details as follows:

GENERAL INFORMATION: Mains water and electricity are installed. An annual service charge of £1400.00 (as at June 2010) is payable for maintenance of common areas, cleaning of windows, proportion of the fire insurance of the building. The apartment is Leasehold 99 years subject to a ground rent of £150.00 per annum.

So, service costs £129 PCM.

Also, a few years on, the 99 year lease will start to look a bit shaky.

Edited by Bootsox

So, service costs £129 PCM.

Also, a few years on, the 99 year lease will start to look a bit shaky.

Sounds similar to some flats in Failsworth. Insane amount to be paying...