House Price Crash Forum
Pytyr

"are House Prices Set To Fall Again?" Utter Drivel

LINKY

No journalist prepared to put their name to this and they haven't enabled comments. To quote Stephen Fry "This really is ar$e gravy of the worst kind"

Hearts would have skipped a beat last week on reports that by 2015 there is a good chance that homes will be worth less than they did in 2007

Listen, stupid, if house prices in 2015 were back to 2007 levels in real terms then it would be because we had inflated another credit bubble because we couldn't deal with the fallout from the last one. I'm not sure we could do it even if we wanted to.

House prices in 2007 were at the peak of a supid credit fuelled bubble that nearly bankrupted the entire Western world. Bailing out the short sighted bankers has saddled our children and grandchildren with decades of debt.

Paying for stupid people who paid stupid prices for stupid property and now can't afford it anymore means savers are now subsidising borrowers.

The stupid high price of property means billions of pounds are sucked out the economy to feed the beast, normal people paying for bankers bonuses.

I sincerely hope we never, ever see 2007 real prices again. Stupid!

I can't believe that anyone with half a brain expects house prices to reach the levels of 2007 in real terms again in our lifetimes.

I read this in the paper yesterday. Good headline, I thought it had the making of a nice realistic article but turns out it's tripe.

The sub heading in the print version says 'A leading economists says values will fall to 2007 levels' !? The big graph they have plainly shows this is nonsense. Also the graph is 6 months old and only goes to the end of 2009 so doesn't show that Halifax peaked in January and had been falling.

I thought the article was quite bearish-certainly compared to the usual VI rubbish. And none of their 'experts' predicted rises (where's stuart law when you need him?).

I read this in the paper yesterday. Good headline, I thought it had the making of a nice realistic article but turns out it's tripe.

The sub heading in the print version says 'A leading economists says values will fall to 2007 levels' !? The big graph they have plainly shows this is nonsense. Also the graph is 6 months old and only goes to the end of 2009 so doesn't show that Halifax peaked in January and had been falling.

The article is total tosh. The writer does not know the meaning of 'real terms'. In fact I expect prices to be the same as1994 in real terms before this correction has finished. That means actual nominal falls of about 25-40% from today depending on area.

The article is total tosh. The writer does not know the meaning of 'real terms'. In fact I expect prices to be the same as1994 in real terms before this correction has finished. That means actual nominal falls of about 25-40% from today depending on area.

I don't think that the bears even understand what is about to unfold here - we are at the start of a major deflationary depression that cannot be stopped.

Why do you think that this can end at half time with prices down just 25-40%?

25% barely reverses a couple of high inflation years and we have decades of ponzi gains to unravel.

Property prices will go lower than you can possibly imagine.

I don't think that the bears even understand what is about to unfold here - we are at the start of a major deflationary depression that cannot be stopped.

Why do you think that this can end at half time with prices down just 25-40%?

25% barely reverses a couple of high inflation years and we have decades of ponzi gains to unravel.

Property prices will go lower than you can possibly imagine.

Agree, it may even take 2/3 decades for the adjustment to wash through. The damage done to the economy by the the two rampant (and government and central bank supported) trends - that of asset inflation (concetrated on the cost base) and globalization is immense and in many cases irreversible.