House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

School Boy "rampage" In Haringey

This video hit the news recently. It shows a gang of black teens having a "very good time". Allegedly another companion video showed a mugging of a pizza delivery man. Anyway, local groups are using the video in a campaign to sack the head of the relevant Catholic school.

As part of a campaign to remove the Headteacher and two of his Deputy Headteachers and to firmly put values and behaviour back on the leadership agenda at St Thomas More Catholic School, FOSS is making the local community, parents and staff at the school aware of the contents of this video in order to prevent the Headteacher’s continued self-preservation tactics of veiling such incidents from staff, parents and pupils, preventing a much needed change in leadership.

I have mixed feelings on the video. It certainly shows that young men get over-excited when in large groups.

What do you think?

http://haringeyfoss.blogspot.com/2010/04/facebook-video-disorder-on-day-of-seb.html

Dunno. Wouldn't be out of order for a bunch of white rugger-buggers. But I only watched about half because their conduct is ... boring.

Did they pay for the alcohol or steal it? And can they afford to go "partay" because their single mums get so much in child tax credits?

This video hit the news recently. It shows a gang of black teens having a "very good time". Allegedly another companion video showed a mugging of a pizza delivery man. Anyway, local groups are using the video in a campaign to sack the head of the relevant Catholic school.

I have mixed feelings on the video. It certainly shows that young men get over-excited when in large groups.

What do you think?

http://haringeyfoss.blogspot.com/2010/04/facebook-video-disorder-on-day-of-seb.html

The head needs to go. They had "its" instead of "it's" on the subtitles when they meant "it is”, so clearly he's not done his job properly :)

As to the behaviour, they look a bit carried away in places, but i've seen worse. I think that there's more to this video than meets the eye. It looks like response to a previous event. Who's this Stefan they're going on about?

I agree with you that young men can get very excited in groups. The way the modern education system segregates kids into social groups that are predominantly the same age doesn't help.

Oh for goodness' sake!

What like are ye all down there?

They're tims, for god's sake. Been carrying on like that since the world began.

Send them up here for a bittie anti-fenian therapy.

It's taking it up the bum from the holy father of a weekend makes them so wild.

We ken how to handle them up here.

Croppie Lie Down.

Works like a charm. Better than The Horseman's Word.

They're not so bad if you can gain their trust.

Just keep their hedge-priests away.

Agents straight from the Pope of Rome. Antichrist.

Setting his filthy feet upon our shores again, I read in the Pape-r.

And we have to pay for it?

What the ****** ever happened to "fidei defensor"? eh?

Where is our Monarch to turn off this skirted clown?

Bought and sold, I tell ye. Bought and sold.

For Papish gold.

Guest X-QUORK

I didn't see anything that terrible, but they were certainly a lot more blatant about it than my mates and I were at that age.

Can't comment on the situation without knowing more.

Is it last day of 6th form? Didn't see anything bad in this video. I'm sure the odd old lady would complain about the noise but not much to see here even if there is a Daily Mail type backstory to it.

This seems to be 'tip of the iceberg' stuff. The 'Friends of...' site gives more information about parental concern over ongoing problems:

Last academic year we had reliable reports of a female pupil left with a severed finger and in a separate incident another male pupil left injured after being impailed on the school fence (no warning signs then and still no warning signs to date) who was trying to escape from being bullied by fellow pupils. What has to happen before safeguarding and behaviour is taken as a serious priority on the school's agenda?

This academic year, we have had reliable reports about an adult imposter who was able to roam the school premises in full view of CCTV during normal school hours before entering a classroom full of pupils. The imposter then proceeded to assault two children in front of the startled classroom teacher and other screaming school children. Should any child ever have to witness such an appaulling incident without any recourse?

A spate of gangs in school uniform shoplifting from local businesses whilst in school uniform. The most recent incident occuring only last week when a local resident witnessed around 25 children in Tommy More uniorm involved in a shoplifting spree from a local Tesco store.

Can't say I'd want my kids in that school, however it would be interesting to know whether this film represents standard behaviour levels, or was a leavers' day incident. Also, I'd be interested to see what was edited out; for example whilst much of it appears to be rowdiness rather than direct antisocial behaviour, did they actually go after that cyclist? I can see why people in the area may feel intimidated if approached by a crowd of lads acting out like that.

another male pupil left injured after being impailed on the school fence (no warning signs then and still no warning signs to date)

Always someone elses fault isnt it?

Is it really that difficult to put two and two together, that a spiked fence is not a climbing frame.

Dawinism in action IMO. Let them sever their fingers and impale themselves.

A spate of gangs in school uniform shoplifting from local businesses whilst in school uniform.

Not the most resourceful of juvenile deliquents, are they?

The whole title suggests a very symapthetic coverage by the BBC, who probably want to meet these "schoolboys"! :huh:

another male pupil left injured after being impailed on the school fence (no warning signs then and still no warning signs to date)

Always someone elses fault isnt it?

Is it really that difficult to put two and two together, that a spiked fence is not a climbing frame.

Dawinism in action IMO. Let them sever their fingers and impale themselves.

The school's 'Friends' blog states that he was climbing the fence to escape from bullies.

I can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes watching the video (and judging by the shortage of replies I'm guessing I'm not the only one) - can someone summarise please?

Youtube-type footage, presumably filmed and posted by students involved, of a crowd of black teenaged boys marching through north London streets, shouting and behaving chavily, 'obtaining' alcohol, returning to school common room, spraying fizz around the room, eating cake, drinking, acting out with soundbites to camera, some girls joining in at school, some footage in playground. Most of it seems fairly good-natured although inappropriate in school kids and not conducive for learning. However, one could understand some feeling intimidated by a group like this on the streets.

Parents have posted a copy of this aiming to have Head and Deputies sacked for lack of discipline and control. The parental website cites other incidents eg a pupil having their finger severed, another being impaled on railings while escaping from bullies, and a gang raid on a local Tescos - in April; there are other incidents posted for other months. I only mention race in the description because there is concern about gang activity on the parent website and because it goes to socioeconomic context ie this is a state school in Haringey.

The video doesn't sound that bad really, the only issue really is that they were drinking in the school common room. 6th formers are likely to be 18 at the end of the academic year though aren't they? (this is a genuine question - since I'm Irish the school system here makes no sense to me). If they were 17/18 I don't see too much of a problem with it really. I used to smoke hash in my school toilets and towards the end of my last year me and my mates used to drink vodka and mixer from coke bottles in geography. I think the geography teacher probably realised what we were up to but he was cool. We definitely never would have done it in chemistry - that teacher was a bit on the crazy side, I think he was probably a failed academic.

Respect that's a 'kin big bong to have a toke on.

Bunch of kids pretending to be dizzy rascal with some pretty weak attempts at rebellion. They made a point of not drinking the "champagne", which I guess is a good thing. We were regularly down the pub getting pissed at that age in a very white middle class grammar school.

I suppose the acid test in this kind of discussion is always, as Diane Abbot would say, 'Would I want my kids to go there?'.

Clearly not in this case.

TNB all round.

What do you expect?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

care to enlighten us with the meaning of that acronym?

I'm guessing you won't although the fact that you have the SS motto in your signature might indicate you will.

thanks for that altho I'm doubting he meant anything to do with: [bT]otal nitrogen is the sum of all forms of nitrogen in a liquid solution[/b]*

I was just wondering if he'd have the nuts to not hide behind an acronym and giving him the tiniest benefit of doubt that maybe he meant something other than what I'm pretty sure he / she meant.

*edit* or the Malaysian energy provider your edited post links to now. :D

thanks for that altho I'm doubting he meant anything to do with: Total nitrogen is the sum of all forms of nitrogen in a liquid solution

I was just wondering if he'd have the nuts to not hide behind an acronym and giving him the tiniest benefit of doubt that maybe he meant something other than what I'm pretty sure he / she meant.

No - not nitrogen, try the link again and look at the urban dictionary - there are a few race related definitions of this particular acronym.