House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinker

Witty One-Liners

OK folks, very shortly I've got to compère a show. It's not my profession but I do it because someone has to do it.

A stage, an audience, lots of acts and several hours to fill...

I need some material.

I'm not a joke teller, more of a might come up with a funny line type, but will I, when the nerves take hold?

So, wise guys and gals... Make me laugh!

OK folks, very shortly I've got to compère a show. It's not my profession but I do it because someone has to do it.

I need some material.

I'm not a joke teller, more of a might come up with a funny line type, but will I, when the nerves take hold?

Bought a dog from a blacksmith yesterday.

Soon as I got it home, it made a bolt for the door.

Bought a dog from a blacksmith yesterday.

Soon as I got it home, it made a bolt for the door.

Snowflux you surprise me... corny is OK, they'll be lots of kids out front.

They say you meet audiences twice in your career. Once when you're on the way up; then when you're on the way down.

Hello again....

I've worked this place before. Very tough audience. They were still booing the previous act when I was on....

Guest Skinty

Rather you than me. Still, only you know what you're like in front of an audience and what you have experience of.l

For example, I can do a presentation easily enough but being a tutor and trying to get a reaction from students is very stressful for me I find.

Guest Steve Cook

Depression is merely evidence that one has a more realistic grasp of the gravity of the situation

Guest Steve Cook

I put a bet on a horse at 2 to 1 yesterday

It came in at half past three

Guest Steve Cook

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Serious comment. If you have no stand-up experience, I wouldn't risk 'doing material'. I would announce the acts 'straight', but include any comedy observations that occur to you, generated by the act the audience have just seen. 'What a juggler!! I have a job these days keeping anything up, and I'd just like to apologise to my girlfriend while I'm at it. Which I seldom am these days...

And now, let's have a big welcome for Arthur Bollockchops and his dancing earwigs...' etc

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

:lol::lol: That's a great line which always makes me laugh.

Ghandi? I knew him when he had **** all!

I need some material.

'Google' Tommy Cooper scripts, you can't go wrong.

Cooper: Doctor, Doctor, my arm hurts when I hold it up like this...

Doc: Well, dont do it.

Serious comment. If you have no stand-up experience, I wouldn't risk 'doing material'. I would announce the acts 'straight', but include any comedy observations that occur to you, generated by the act the audience have just seen. 'What a juggler!! I have a job these days keeping anything up, and I'd just like to apologise to my girlfriend while I'm at it. Which I seldom am these days...

And now, let's have a big welcome for Arthur Bollockchops and his dancing earwigs...' etc

I knew I could rely on you people.

I have to keep it clean.

I did it last year, I was OK, waffling to fill the time, I'd like to be funnier.

Guest Steve Cook

:lol::lol: That's a great line which always makes me laugh.

Ghandi? I knew him when he had **** all!

Reminds me of a similar line. Can't for the life of me remember where from....

"I've slowly worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty"

Guest Steve Cook

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Guest Steve Cook

He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.

Guest Steve Cook

There are two kinds of people in life: people who like their jobs, and people who don't work here anymore

Guest theboltonfury

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Steve, I was laughing at your Monkhouseesque one-liner repetoire. Then I read your post on the other thread when you admitted that you stuck your head to plaster-of-paris.

I'm not laughing now. I'm very worried about your general well being. Is there someone you live with that looks after you?