House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Which Freaking War Did We Lose?

Taking a look at flights to HKG from Manchester, for the alternative plan now the shop is a dead end...

But bloody hell what war did we lose!

This time last year or near abouts I remember flying to HKG for £412 return via air france, and the cheapest today is £780!

If that's not inflation I don't know what is!

Taking a look at flights to HKG from Manchester, for the alternative plan now the shop is a dead end...

This time last year or near abouts I remember flying to HKG for £412 return via air france, and the cheapest today is £780!

can Ryanair not enter this market ?

as u say it seems to have really hiked in price

maybe those peak oil prices last year are hitting home

The war on Sterling

I've recently bought a bike, it cost me £450. A colleague asked me why I hadn't bought the next bike up in the range that she had bought 2 years before when it was only £450. I said because today its £625...

Guest Noodle

Yup, they've doubled. They sometimes come up for under £500 but rarely.

The taxes have increased, not the fares.:(

The prices of flights goes up all over the world from June->Sept due to increased demand, the cheapest time to fly is Jan/Feb. Check out the costs of other flights and you will see the same effect. Book a last min flight to the US and it will cost 2k, the same last min flight was 500 quid in spring.

Yep, while the price of crap hasn't moved much any 'serious' products - flights, professional equipment, insurance, etc. has gone through the roof as sterling has declined.

I wish I'd bought a couple of dream Canon lenses 4 years ago - they've gone up 40% in some cases.